Peanut Butter Hummus

• I found this recipe off of a website:

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

garbanzo beans (either canned or cooked)
    reserved bean water
    peanut butter

Directions:

The amount of ingredients in this recipe depend on your personal taste. Adding the garbanzo beans to the peanut butter allows one to enjoy the flavor without the such a high fat content.

In a large bowl combine the garbanzo beans and peanut butter. Place in a food processor or blender. Blend ingredients, adding reserved bean water until preferred consistency is reached.

This would probably be great with celery sticks.
  • hmmmm....I love PB and I love Hummus!! This could work!! lol. Thanks for the recipe, I think I'll try it out!
  • I made a similar recipe tonight and it's great! I've been battling peanut butter cravings and this might be my ticket to making peace with them. Yum

1 can (2 c) garbanzo beans
    1/3 c warm water
    4 T peanut butter
    3 T lemon or lime juice
    1 garlic clove
    salt to taste

It also called for 2 T olive oil but I skipped that and didn't miss it.
  • bumping this because I forgot how great it is for those peanut butter cravings
  • Have u tried PB2?
  • Quote: Have u tried PB2?
    No, though I've heard a lot about it around 3FC. It is not SBD safe and seems to contain sugar in every flavor.
  • I made this today and I'm very happy with it.

I used the original version and added a little cinnamon. It was great with my apple slices and also really good with a Triscuit. I can't wait to have some with my red pepper tomorrow. And maybe some celery.....
  • I made this freehand, so to speak, and I don't like it. Wanted to. I blame myself, the chick peas didn't get smooth, and I didn't want to OD on peanut butter so the taste is funny. Cinnamon helped, but I'm not loving this like store bought hummus. Will try again with it, though.