July chat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • hi chickies -- hope everyone is having a good (for us in the USA) holiday weekend. My hubby is away (his mom died, and he and his sister are working together to settle her estate) so I have been eating tres healthily, reading fun books, hanging at the pool in our subdivision.
    Sorry to have been offline for so long -- life intervenes. BUT, I have good news: for about six weeks I kept gaining and losing the same damn three pounds, and then today (I weigh every Saturday) I clocked in at 258.1! ! Do you know how long it's been since I saw a "5" in that position?? I know it is a pathetically small step, but I am psyched about it.
    If I can figure out how to hold the camera I will post some "before" shots (I still feel pretty "before" )
    So how is everyone? Take care of your wonderful selves!
  • Anita!! EXCELLENT!!!
    whenever you are ready for pics we're ready for you!

I'm struggling my a$$ off, with living in Amsterdam during the week and then coming home in the weekends... I seem to do ok beginning of the week and at the end it's all shattered. Last two weeks at work I worked too much and only made it to the gym once. I am on vacation now for two weeks, so that's my next challenge. Still in ONEderland amazingly enough. I'm VERY happy about that!!

hope everyone is doing all right and sorry I haven't been around much!!

xxx
  • girls, I want to share a blog with you

I love this girl!!!
    http://ms*****cakes.blogspot.com/
  • crap of course it got starred out!!

it's witch but with a 'b'
  • Hey Anita, not only did you get down in the "5" zone but you did so by almost 2 full pounds! Way to Go! (Any small step is still a step right!)
    Renee, 2 weeks vacation!!!!! Woohoo. Do you have any plans? At least you can slow down alittle, right? OMG I just checked out that blog... tried to "open it in a different tab" (LOL) forgot to notice the ****'s. that was good for about a 10 sec chuckle. Anyways, this girl is smokin'. She makes weight loss look soooooo Glamorous! I love wearing flowers in my hair,(mine never looks that good though) Thanks for the post.
    I bought my kids some HubbaBubba Bubble gum yesterday because I love to say the name so much (and love to hear them say it too) but now really regret it! It smells soooooooooo yummy. Every few minutes I get a whiff of it and it is starting to drive me nuts. I so dont want all that sugar. I think I'll go check out how much is in it. Oh it smells so divine

(This one just cuz he's so funny looking) Be good, have fun, Missy
  • Man, I can smell that HubbaBubba just thinkin' about it! I can see the headline now: "Suburban Moms Caught in Gum-Sniffing Bust"....

V, what's on your vacation schedule (or should I say "where")? I love how Europeans just take off and go to other countries -- for me it's a LONG WAY to any place that speaks a different language. Must be what makes y'all so sophisticated and all.

Hope it's sunny in Seattle, Missy : ) We had fabulous thunderstorms here yesterday, rolls and booms and crashes, with some needed rain. Have a great day, everyone --
  • I love Hubba Bubba too, though it kills my jaw!

and Anita, I'm not sure I'm in the "sophisticated" category BUT... this is now our schedule - though we don't have specifics yet of what we want to do:

10th,Thursday AM - leave for Paris (6 hours)
    11th,Friday - All day in Paris
    12th, Saturday - All day in Paris
    13th, Sunday - leave for Strasbourg (4 ½ hours), spend afternoon
    14th, Monday AM - leave for Legoland (3 hours), ½ day in the park
    15th, Tuesday - all day in park, leave for Ruedesheim (near Wiesbaden) PM (4 hours)
    16th, Wednesday - All day in Ruedesheim
    17th, Thursday - All day in Wiesbaden
    18th, Friday - day in Ruedesheim or Wiesbaden, depending on what we feel like, leave around 4pm (4 hours drive)
    Arrive home Friday 8pm

I can't wait!!
  • Oooh man, to go to Paris with your sweetie -- how cool is that??! I hope you have the BEST time!
  • thanks Anita! It's the 4 of us (the kids are with us for 3 weeks) so I think it will be special for sure!
  • hey mizz velveteen..rüdesheim is sooooo close to where i live...my berlin trip has been postponed..wanna meet up or sumpin sumpin??? (also like hair very much)
    hey anita..sorry i monosyllabic...no internet and should be cramming for complit and not abusing the university's facilities...ah, well...

more to come
  • oh and elvis loooved rüdesheim...shot one of his flix there
  • fantastico! I know it's very close to you so YES I would love to meet you! what about having my motley crew with me - is it a problem?

oh and not so fantastico that your trip is postponed. sorry to hear that. When is BFF coming then?
  • Janda -- good luck w/the lit exam(s); I'm sure you will kick serious postmodern butt. That's so cool that you guys can get together!!

V, I love your hair too, forgot to say so earlier. I bet it feels healthier. (I had a trim today too but not drastic.)

Woah! You could have photos made on an Elvis site!!

chow babies,
    arg
  • Renee, I just saw your itinerary, sweet! Sounds like a great time, you got some kids that are going too? How old? (LOVE vacationing with kids!) I gotta look up Legoland overr there,... Ok, just did, looks like a blast. I gotta tell ya, you got me looking up stuff all over the place Man, I gotta get on here more than every couple days... Guynna, We had some wicked thunderstorms here about a week ago and I HATED it. All it did was remind me of how small, insignifigant and mortal, and out of control of the universe I really am... how I couldnt turn a switch off or call someone, it just kept rumbling and rumbling. I feel so incontrol with my diet right now that it was a little bit of a rude slap on the tush! Anyways 1 day of weird weather 2 weeks of awesome sunshine and blue skies, about time too, we had crap from October to mid June! talk about SAD. Have fun ladies, Missy
  • Hey, Miss Renee, I just saw your photo of your hair choppy (over in the photo bio post) What a difference! How are you feeling? I did that about 7 months ago and well, have mixed feelings... I always go back and forth on my hair... forth to something cool and exciting, and back to what actually looks the best on me and makes me look beautiful, then forth to young and hip and then back to what actually looks best on me and makes me look my most beautiful. and so on and so on and... And yes, you can take the weight loss! Have fun! Missy