Whatcha Reading July '08?

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • It's that time again. A new month, new books. Let us know what you are reading.

I'm in the middle of "Love and Biology at the Center of the Universe" by Jennie Shortridge.
  • I just finished re-reading Jemima J (I absolutely adore that book) and am now in the process of re-reading Bookends, also by Jane Green. I have a few of her books and I loved all of them, so I'm re-reading them all to hold me over until I have extra money to splurge for the newest ones that have come out.
  • I just finished The Birthing House and now have started the 100 Mile Diet.
  • Almost done with "Eat, Pray, Love". I tried to read this book about 6 months ago and absolutely hated it. And this time, I must be ready for it because I can't put it down. I dislike the first "book" the most though - the "Eat" section. (that's where i quit reading the first time).
  • I LOVED Jemima J!

Angeline...Ha! You sound like me...I read it and that is the part that had me going...not being able to get thru it. But I did read it all...it wasn't as good to me as I thought it would be and as good as everyone said...my opinion of course.

I finished Judge & Jury by James Patterson and loved it! Of course I am a big James Patterson fan. Currently reading The Pearl by John Steinbeck.
  • I'm reading "Dance Upon the Air" by Nora Roberts.

It's like a cross between the movie "Sleeping With The Enemy" with Julia Roberts, and something like "The Craft" or "Charmed."
  • I'm reading Ultrametabolism by Dr. Mark Hyman. I absolutly love it. It hits the nail on the head for me.
    Also, reading Firefly lane by Kristin Hannah. I like so far. A good summer read about a good friendship.
  • I'm reading Cat in an Indigo Mood by Carole Nelson Douglas. I'm on a mystery bing right now, who knows what next week will bring.
  • yesterday I finished 'Needful Things' by Stephen King
    and started 'Blaze' by King/Bachman... wont be long before that one is done
  • OnceUpon, I've been on a Jane Green kick lately too -- I recently read Babyville and Second Chance, which were both good, easy reads. I'm very very pregnant, so I need easy reads right now, which is why I'm reading nothing but chick lit and those Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich! I also read some Meg Cabot books recently (the last Heather Wells book, Big Boned, and Queen of Babble in the Big City). You really can't get lighter reading than that!! I've run out of books from Bookswim but they're sending more, so I hope I can find enough stuff around the house to read until then.

Oh, I recently read Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin and really liked it. If you like chick lit and haven't tried her yet, you really really should. She also wrote Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and Baby Proof.
  • Just finished Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich.
    Re-reading World of Tiers by Philip José Farmer
  • I'm working my way through the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books by Alexander McCall Smith. I'm on book 3 now...nice, fun, quick reads!
  • Now: High Society by Ben Elton (about various people on various sides of the war on drugs: a good read but way grim, not nearly as satirical [Elton is a comedy writer for shows like Black Adder] as the flap copy would have you expect)

Next: either Heart Seizure by Bill Fitzhugh or The Dreyfus Affair by Peter Lefcourt
  • I just finish Such a pretty fat by Jen Lancaster. A snarky, sarcastic girl writing about losing weight and getting healthy! I loved it. Next up is either the Beach House by Jane Green or Petite Anglaise by Catherine Sanderson.
  • Danemom - Jen Lancaster is my new favorite author. I've read Such A Pretty Fat twice already...love it. Going to buy all of her other books.

I also just finished the new Evanovich, as well as the new David Sedaris book.