Jazz, Jive, and Jump in July - The wordly chicks are moving the jiggling bits

You're on Page 12 of 21
Go to
  • Girls....after a long hot humid day of Christmas shopping on the internet..what better way to cool of than with a nice tall glass of Watermelon Raspberry Lemonade!

Recipe by The Viking Cooking School

P.Allen Smith says of Garden Home tv fame)
    "As a southerner, I'm certainly familiar with iced tea and lemonade and all the possible permutations you could come up with. But I have to say this idea of raspberry-watermelon lemonade, well, that was a new twist. Chef Chris Green from the Viking Cooking School in Memphis gave me this recipe that's sure to add sparkle to any summer day."
    Servings: 4
    Ingredients:
    6 cups watermelon, cubed and seeded
    1/4 cup raspberries
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1 cup club soda

Instructions:
    Place the watermelon and raspberries in a blender; cover and blend until smooth.

Strain through fine mesh strainer into pitcher.

Stir together the sugar and lemon juice until the sugar dissolves; add to strained liquid; refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.

When ready to serve, add the club soda and pour over ice cubes.
  • HAPPY...IT'S NOT THE ACCOUNTANT! IT A WIDOWED VISITING FATHER OF WOMAN WHO LIVES DOWN THE STREET THAT HAS THE CRUSH
    AS FOR THE MEDS....YOU KNOW THE OLD SAYING THAT IF IT DOESN'T KILL US THEN MAYBE IT WILL CURE US!
    I AM SO SORRY YOU ARE GOING THRU THIS...JUST WHEN THEY SOUNDED SO GOOD. MAYBE IT'S THE COMBO???
    SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS

SHAD...DO THEY HAVE XMAS IN JAKARTA? HOW DO THEY SAY THAT OVER THERE? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW THIS!!! AND PLEASE TRY NOT TO YSE FOUL LANGUAGE WHEN YOU REPLY TO THIS POST THE OUTING SOUNDED GREAT AND VERY INTERESTING. HOPE YOU GET TO THE GARDENS. HAPPY SWINMMING

CEEJAY.....GUESS YOU ARE ALREADY IN PARAGOULD AND DINING WITH FAMILY. ENJOY!
  • Here you go Mel -

Selamat Hari Natal & Selamat Tahun Baru (Merry Christmas in Indonesian)

here's a link to a page as we travel the world - Merry Christmas in just about every blinkin' language of the world. (Sorry Shad, she's got me on a roll )

Merry Christmas in 100 Languages
    Now the trick is - the words are there but can you PRONOUNCE it?
  • I'm liking my new avatar. Cue the 5th Dimension... I always thought that Marilyn McCoo was so pretty.

Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?
    Would you like to glide in my beautiful balloon?
    We could float among the stars together, you and I.

For we can fly.
    We can fly!
    Up, up and away, in my beautiful, my beautiful balloon!

The world's a nicer place in my beautiful balloon.
    It wears a nicer face in my beautiful balloon.
    We can sing a song and sail along the silver sky,

For we can fly.
    We can fly!

Suspended under the twilight canopy
    We'll search the clouds for a star to guide us.
    If by some chance you find yourself loving me,
    We'll find a cloud to hide us, we'll keep the moon beside us.

Love is waiting there in my beautiful ballon.
    Way up in the air in my beautiful balloon.
    If you'll hold my hand, we'll chase your dream across the sky,

For we can fly.
    We can fly!
    Balloon... up up and away, up up and away, up up and away...
  • I'm not sure I should tell you what Christmas is in B'hasa (Indonesian style). I don't want to know so why should I tell you????
    Oh okay, I give in, since you love it so much.
    Christian = Kristen
    Christmas Day = Hari Natal
    Christmas Eve = Malam Natal
    Church = gereja
    Cathedral = Katedral
    Catholic = Katolik
    Every other religion appears to be lumped under Protestant = Protestan.

And believe it or not, there are actually quite a number of christians around the place including Indonesians. There is a large Cathedral (Catholic) across the road from the biggest mosque we visited yesterday. AND they all appear to co-habitate quite happily. Tell me religious wars are not political???
    Religion is agama and to be religious is beragama.
    Prayer is doa or sembayang and a prayer book is a buku doa.
    And the muzzein makes a hellavu noise at prayer times when calling the faithful.
    Todays lesson is habis (finished) and aren't you glad about that.

Okay, I seem to have picked up a bit of delhi belly or montezuma's revenge or maybe the gut has just gone out in sympathy with Happy. I feel okay, but spend a fair amount of time on the loo. Anyway if it doesn't settle down by tonight I will raid the first aid kit for imodium and fix it that way.

Going down to breakfast now, then do some smalls washing and then swim. That should take care of most of the morning.

Back later.
  • See Happy is sneaking in above me and going to the translation pages.

Goodonya Happy.

apa kabar
  • Just had a look at Happy's languages. In Maori, most of us would say Meri Kitima not that mouthful of words that that thing says.

Selamat is good, welcome, happy, congratulations etc. Depends on what it is teamed with as to what it means.
  • That goes to show you that you can't trust those funky translation pages.

Sorry to hear you've got dehli belly tho I think I will adopt that as one of my new phrases. Try to get the bug out, then plug it up with Immodium. Hope you feel better Shad - - me offering you a glass of ginger ale. Ginger tea is also good for settling the stomach.
  • DELHI BELLY! GOD HOW I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO GIVE ME THAT! BUT I AM SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE IT. HOPE IT LEAVES AS FAST AS IT CAME!! HAPPY SWIMMING!! AND A MERI KITIMA TO YOU ALSO
    FEEL BETTER!

HAPPY~ Geseende Kerfees en 'n gelukkige nuwe jaar (Merry Christmas in Afrikaans) TO YOU ALSO!!! YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY STARTING IT OFF WITH A GOOD LAUGH!! HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AS WELL. AS FOR THE AVATAR....I LOVE IT!!! SO ADORABLE TAKING OFF INTO THE AIR. THE SONG IS FIRMLY IMPLANTED INTO MY HEAD AND I'LL SOAR ALONG WITH YOU TODAY!

I AM SITTING HERE WISHING THE ACCT WOULD CALL AND CANCEL AGAIN TODAY. JUST NOT IN THE MOOD. AND HOPING TOO NO ONE COMES WITH HIM. THEN IT WOULD BE ONLY OPEN AND CLOSE THE OFFICE ONCE THE TENANTS ARE ALL BEING VERY GOOD. TAKING CABS AND NOT WALKING ANYWHERE. BY WEDS WE SHOULD HAVE TEMPS BACK INTO THE 80'S.
    NOT SURE HOW LONG I WAS SITTING HERE WATCHING MY CURSOR BLINK GUESS I AM NOT AWAKE YET!
    HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY!
  • Got over the Delhi belly - no need for imodium - just water and good food. Feel great now. Spent the day doing a bit of work, a bit of a walk, a bit of a swim and a bit of a read. Listened to the iman yelling at the faithful to come to prayer. Holy cow he makes a noise.
    Anyway, I think I will make a cup of tea, watch a bit of mindless tv, read a book for a while and then go to bed.

Selamat pagi - good morning to you all. And from me:
    assalamualaikum - peace be on you

to which I'm sure I heard you reply - alaikumsalam - on you be peace

Nighty night or good morning really to you lot.
  • Selamat pagi and assalamualaikum chicklettes

Hope you are all having a good weekend. I got up early today, went outside to chase the pesky blackbirds away from the feeder and it seems like it's going to be a hot one today.

Yesterday I washed both cars and detailed mine - cleaned the windows, scrubbed the dirt out of all the crannies and waxed the car for the first time in I don't know how long. Let's just say that the first 2 bottles of wax I found in the garage were either dried up or congealed. Did find one that with some vigourous shaking was just fine. Car looks nice now. I should have cleaned the interior too but when I got done it was getting late, DH was hungry and I was too tired to shampoo the interior. Although with this heat it would have dried fast.

Rather than the usual weekend chores, I am trying to get to stuff on my "list" of things that I've been meaning to get to. Today I will focus on one closet I started cleaning out last weekend. It's amazing how many hair products I had jammed in that small space.

I'm going to try very hard to eat clean and natural this week, with as few processed foods as possible. Going to journal too so I can more easily see patterns between what I'm eating and the reactions.

Other than that, nothing special going on. I'm sort of lapsing into watching the cursor blink like Mel so I guess that means I need to get up from here and get busy

Enjoy your Sunday. I'm off to mimic Shad with a bit 'o this and a bit 'o that - not a bad plan when you think about it!

Oh and Shad, I got my calendar too - quite pretty. I tried a couple of times to send you an email but I keep getting an invalid address on your normal account - and all I did was reply to you so I know I had the address right. So go figure
  • So I wander off for a couple of weeks to implement a piece of software and suddenly months fly by and its Christmas in here??? I didn't think I was gone THAT long. And yet it feels humid and rainy and not at all seasonal, so now my brain hurts and I really haven't had enough sleep for weeks to be able to parse this Ok, I'll have to go catch up on the posts.

Later chicks!
  • selemat pagi

Well at least the gut has settled somewhat. Worst of all, I haven't lost any weight!!! You'd think something would have happened wouldn't you.
    Went to gym this morning and worked out for 50 minutes or so. Few weights, 100 crunches of differing varieties, some chin ups, that horrid bike and the treadmill. All three of the women on my team were down there this morning. Only one missing was our SA bloke. So naturally enough we made some rude remarks about that over breakfast.

This morning I am training the secret squirrels (HR) for their SAP Basics. After that the FBI moves in and removes me from the scene in case I accidentally oversee some of their dummy employees which have been set up. Still that is fine by me. I've plenty still to do in the FICO area.

Happy - sounds like you had a productive weekend. Seems that you certainly worked well. It takes forever to detail a car properly. A bit of this and a bit of that, it is amazing how much one can achieve doing that.

Not much else to report, so I may wander off and get emotionally prepared for my brush with the secret service. I will be back when I get done with them.
  • Had a good week end.

Happy
    The doctor gave me potassium for the "cramps" /muscle spasm's that I was having. If the glucophage (sp) is reacting as a diuretic, you may want to have your potassium level checked.
    I know what you mean by taking more than three rx's.
    Feel better soon.

Mel
    Are you wishing Christmas to be here to have the cooler weather? I was thinking that Bahli had a crush on you!!!!!!

Shad, Michelle, Annie, Madcat Hope you all have had a good week end.

My trip was short but a good one. Boy was it hot.
  • Hello Ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been so hetic this month. The good news is Blackie has made a full recovery, we'll I believe it's a full recovery. Had to switch his food to Seniors and Low-fat. No more high fat treats. He has a vet. appointment at the end of the month.

Exercise has been so-so, been traveling quite a bit.

I will post more later..