How did you choose your nickname?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • We've done this before but it might be interesting to do it again now that we have so many new Beachers.

My real name is Ruth. Way back in the last century when I went to register, there already was a Ruth so I just added xxx to my name. People will say it's because I'm X-rated but don't believe them!

Next?
  • Mine is a mixture of Eskimo and Nomad. I've lived in three different countries, outside of the US, and 11 states inside the US - and I'm only 19. I decided to go to Alaska for college, and when a friend I've known since we were 10 found out - he called me an Eskinomad, and it stuck
  • It sounds kind of corny, but I've always yearned to have a cottage by the sea. With the astronomical costs of homes at the shore, alas, it will probably never happen, but a person can dream, can't they?
  • i also registered waay back in the last century (i don't think there were even 1000 members at that time)....my name was something from one of my kid's aol groups, it was unusual...
  • Everybody's name is so cool. I wish I'd had more imagination back then.
  • We just love you as Ruthxxx anyway. Over here there is a beer called XXXX but that's because Australians don't know how to spell beer.

I'm named after my gentleman dog Mr SHAD O Cxxxxx
  • Ko is the beginning of my first name, and Farq is the beginning of my last name. After the wedding I might have to change it to Kofarqhea. I might have to re-think that! (;P)
  • mine is from a song ( by Fiona Apple ) I'm horribly un-creative when it comes to thinking up user names !
  • When I was little, my dad called me a little weasel. Said I could weasel my way out of anything. I thought "weezle" looked cuter so I went with that.
  • my dog lilpipes, the one in the pic, well she is a bit of a food thief. so one day when she was stealing someones food, they yelled at her and said "piper! no swiper!" it was taken off dora the explorer.........................and it just kinda stuck ever since.

she will come to both piper and swiper, its funny
  • i love ladybugs (and have two tattoos to prove it) and my name is nessa.

besides i use ladybugnessa pretty much everywhere.
  • My name is Barbara but I like to use the nickname Barb 0522 is the date I joined SBD (back in 2004)
  • My middle name is Wynn...so "T" is my first initial (tammy), and "B" is my last name initial.

On another site, they thought I was the second of two twins born. Sorry, not that creative!!
  • Combination of my maiden & married name.
  • WebRover
    One who roves or roams the web.
    So kinda obvious but it also fits because
    I work in the cellular industry, with services relating to roaming.
    Some of our international customers call roaming roving.
    And it's also a takeoff on watching my daughter a 100 years ago as a Brownie Girl Scout playing Red Rover at camp.
    All that stirred around makes me WebRover.