Hungry :(

• Bleh. I ate 1300 calories today, which is actually a bit more than I was hoping to eat, and I made sure it was good quality food with plenty of protein and some fat in it. But here I am at the end of the day STARVING. This is about the level I need to lose weight, and I don't think I did anything wrong, but it's still uncomfortable and frustrating. I don't like having to go to bed hungry. Hummph.

Sorry. Just needed to vent a little. Carry on.
  • Drink a glass of ice water. Even add a squirt of lemon juice if you have some in the house. That helps for me a lot, esp if I feel hungry or munchie before bed.

• You have my sympathies, I've been there many times. In reality there is no need for it, because there's no reason why you shouldn't eat an apple or similar, but I know what you mean, you don't want to spoil what has been a good day by eating something, do you?

In those times I find the best thing to do is call it a day and go to bed. Ironically, when you get up, your body has "reset" itself for the new day, and the hunger has gone.
  • Oh yes, I've been there too! I try to plan an evening snack for that reason, but sometimes I'm just hungry anyway. Often I can ride it out, but it is uncomfortable.

Hang in there! If it happens too often, you could consider giving yourself a 50-calorie leeway for an evening snack.

Jay