Weight Loss Support June 23-29

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good Monday morning!

I've fallen behind starting the new thread! My parents just got back from a 3 week trip out East so I sat with them yesterday afternoon instead of planning my week.

So ... Mon, Wed and Fri are gym days. I work Tues, Wed and Thurs. I'd like to get to a farmer's market Thursday evening and Saturday morning. I have a line on nice brown eggs locally and I should investigate a natural beef guy just outside of town here.

But first ... I must clean out the fridge! And I probably should check the freezer for discards as well. Nobody is going to eat the rhubarb sauce I made last year.
  • I had a great week last week and plan to simply repeat it this week! Easy peasy, right? Today was my 14 week weigh in and I'm down -46.2 pounds total, so I really couldn't be happier with my progress. Just want to keep trooping forward.
  • Good morning!

I had a just pretty nearly OP day yesterday. About 1300 cals, weights for legs and cardio at the gym. I felt quite accomplished last evening.

We made our salmon filets into packets for the barbeque. Green onions, zucchini slices and the salmon (just spritzed with oil spray). It was lovely!
  • Susan, is it just you and me now? Did we scare everyone off?
  • I need support! I'll post.

I have kalamata olive bread and lemon bread (not sweet, just lemon essence) in the house from a delicious local bakery. It is my favorite bread in the WHOLE WORLD and the first bread I have had in 6 MONTHS.

It has been here for 24+ hours and I have managed to eat ONLY 3 slices total (they are very small, larger than a baguette but smaller than my hand or a typical slice of bread).

I consider this to be a HUGE victory. Typically, when this bread is purchased, we plow through a loaf or two in 24 hours.

I am encouraging DH to have a bread "snack" tonight to polish off 1/2 of what is left and I am allowing myself a slice with tofu egg salad after class tonight along with some pineapple.

Susan, good luck cleaning out the fridge (I LOVE rhubarb and strawberry together, and I can't imagine letting homemade sauce go to waste).

Tyler, you have done AMAZING! In just 14 weeks, you have accomplished SO MUCH.
  • Wow Soulbliss, I love hearing about that kind of victory over former trigger foods! WAY TO GO!

And now I want kalamata olive bread, it sounds wonderful! You are typically very low carb vegan right? Does the bread not trigger carb cravings for you?
  • Well Josephine ... we may just be the ones who are here alot!

I had a good day foodwise yesterday.

I was disappointed in the organic veal patties. I bought them hoping for something different and they really weren't. My family agreed with me. Good but not worth driving to Kitchener for. Chicken would have been just fine.
  • Happy hump day! Today I am sore, sore, sore from the Push Up Challenge I started on Monday and I can't even progress to Day 2 yet because there is no sense hitting these muscles again when they are this torn up. Maybe tomorrow. I was also planning on hitting the pool today, but that would work my upper body too much as well. And since yesterday was a run day, I'll be biking today by default.

• I'm in too! I could use all the support I can get. The more accountability and support the better. Thanks for setting this up SusanB. I've been aware of this thread but am now poking my head/mouse in for the first time. Seeing Josephine's name made me do it!

I'm just recently post a more than minor but not mindblowingly major setback. We had friends visiting. My computer is in a very public area and I didn't feel comfortable charting my cals as I consumed them (which is my nl routine) nor did I feel able to check in with the 3fc site and I think that also had some impact. Of course, bringing 30 frozen wildly delicious gourmet chocolate chunk cookies into the house had the most to do with it. That, and the brownies made for a bake sale. And the ....

Anyway, back on track.

glad to be here.
  • I had a baaad weekend; beer, fish and chips, pizza, cakes, chocolate. I don't use the scales that much but out of curiosity I wonderd what this lot would do to my weight, it added 3 pounds. I told myself tat it was impossible to put on three pounds of body fat in that period of time, and sure enough I had lost the three pounds by yesterday morning. I assume most of the weight was water retention triggered by excess saline plus extra carb intake.
  • As I get older I find it takes a couple of days to lose that toxic junk food weight. Blech!

Went to the gym last night for chest and triceps. I'm making nice gains on the pec deck and triceps cable press. I do seriously worry about having weinie little woman arms and/or osteoporosis. I know I feel stronger and straighter.

Food was OK.
  • Susan - don't you love strength training! I just have a bowflex at home, but I love my biceps now! I know my back is much stronger, too. Does make me sit up straighter at the computer LOL!
  • Bowflex? Is that like a Bullworker?
  • I'm checking in here right now as a way of allowing/forcing myself to make a statement that must be made. Telling myself alone will not work as well as "putting it out there."

No more buying stuff for the kids that I can get out of control with. I'm not sure if I'm trying to kid myself or I'm purposely bringing in stuff that I will self sabotage with. Not even light whipped cream!!!!

Anyway, I had a pretty good day, very nice run, got a little/lot crazy with myself with many berries and about ==ok, let me just say VERY MUCH light whipped cream.

hope everone is doin' OK.
  • Quote: Bowflex? Is that like a Bullworker?
    No - although I think there is a bullworker in my parent's basement

It's a home gym, basically.