Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 8 of 34
Go to
  • Hey y'all.

I'm still the same, 242. I have the TOM and I'm severely bloated. I'm lucky that the number isn't higher with the amount of bloat I have. It sucks! I'm so crazy carbs.

Chelby: I have family in Louisiana too, some in Metarie but most mainly in Shreveport. They came up to visit a week ago but they didn't bring any food with them (thankfully!)
  • Naytally -- what kind of fiber do you eat? Veggies? Beans?
  • Wow....a lot has happened since I last posted....

I weighed in this morning and was down 3.8 pounds at 211.2
    so far down 4.8 with 11.2 to go!!!!!!

Congrats everyone on the weight loss....and even if this week is even or a + just remember that we are running a marathon and not a sprint. I always tell myself that it took me 32 years to get to this weight, can't expect it all to come off in a week. Just keep sticking to your plan and keep telling yourself that we just keep moving forward.

Have a good day everyone!!!!
  • Happy Monday to Everyone!!
    Good Morning Everyone! Congratulations to everyone on their loss and/or maintaining their weight!!
    I am so proud to announce that I am down 3 pounds!!! WOO-HOO!! "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it! I'm so excited...." Okay, I'm a little pumped up today! To see the scale numbers go down this morning was awesome! I am so proud of everyone here! We are all doing SO GREAT!! I know that we have got this! We can do this!!

Kate: WELCOME!! This site is the best!! It has definitely encouraged me and continues on a daily basis. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Enygirl: Congrats on being in the lead and the weightloss!! That is awesome!!

Babygal: Yesterday was not a real good food choice day for me. I didn't have breakfast. (slept in too late) then we went to a restaurant that I haven't been to in quite a while and I had Pork Tenderlion on a yeast roll and fries, and then..... I had a hot fudge cake. Then for dinner, I had chips and dip and then some popcorn. ughhh, So, I pretty much was bad all day yesterday!! But I know that today is a new day and I am back on the right track!

I hope everyone has a great day! I am sending everyone some !

Talk to ya'll soon,
    Sheryl
  • Since, I just weighed in yesterday, I am going to wait until next Monday for an official Monday weigh-in. That and I feel the TOM bloat coming in, oi.
    I am going to make myself go to the gym today though and hopefully get in about an hour of cardio. I haven't been eating the best, but I haven't been eating a whole lot of bad food, and pumped up since I actually managed to lose those first ten pounds.
    Oh yea, did I mention I am FROM Louisiana, so I am surrounded by all those fried foods, haha. My only real downfall with that is probably friend seafood.
  • SexyBrokeChick -- My family is not allowed here without bringing food.

KatieNicole -- I'm from Louisiana,too. Lake Charles. I moved to Alabama 13 years ago. I miss boudin! But I'm thankful I don't have access to it every day.
  • Quote: Naytally -- what kind of fiber do you eat? Veggies? Beans?
    All kinds of fiber... Mainly supplemental, though. I start my day off with a scoop or two of benefiber (3-8 grams depending on the scoop) then I eat two fiber one bars through out the day (9 grams each) and I LOVE the Kellogs All Bran pink lemonade and tea drink mixes... 10 grams of fiber! You cant tell you're drinking fiber lemonade at all!

I do often times include veggies/fruits and mainly celery.
  • Hey everyone sounds like everyone is doing well!!

I'm down 3 lbs....well the scale says 254 one minute and 255 the next...its so close to TOM though I'm sure to see many fluctuations...

Its all good though...I lowered my calorie consumption from 1800 to 1500 calories and increasing my workouts.....my goal is to do 6 days a week of a cardio DVD and 6 days a week of walking....the walking isn't a problem for me but I have a problem with working out indoors for some reason I watch the clock constantly....any suggestions? Has anyone tried Jillian Micheals 30 day shred...is it a good work out DVD? I'm thinking of getting it cause I'm bored with what I have.
    Congrats to everyone on last week's losses...and good luck staying on track this week.
  • Hello everyone!!
    I have not been around since we started this challenge. I have gained 0.5 lbs on my first week!! Grrrrr

I had trouble getting back on track after that gain but here I am!!

Here is to a good day for everyone tomorrow!
  • I walked for about an hour at a pretty good speed.
    I'm so excited because I am out of the 160s. That was the weight that seemed to make being smaller seem impossible to reach, so now that I am in the 150s, and not just early morning weigh in then fluctuate back, I am feeling pretty good about my weight loss.
    Tomorrow I think I am going to get some Benefiber. I'm pretty sure I don't have enough fiber in my diet. Good, yes?
  • The 2.2 pounds I gained last week I lost this week!!! HOORAY!!! SO, I now have 14.2 pounds to lose to get to my pre-preg goal. Doing that in 9 weeks would mean I'd have to average just over 1.5 per week. Not real sure I can do THAT, but I'm hoping I won't TOO far off.

McK - I tried the 30 Day Shred dvd but I'm WAY too out of shape and there's way too much jumping involved for it to be right for me right now so I gave it to my cousin. Not sure if she's even tried it yet, though.

So ... anyone know where I might be able to get some MBT shoes for under $250????? I want some desperately but have NEVER paid that much for something to put on my feet!

<Okay ... so I broke down in the middle of the night and ordered the shoes at full price ... yikies!!! Hopefully they're as awesome as "everyone" says they are!>
  • I haven't been back since my first post. I weighed in at 237.2 but TOM is here so now I'm at 239. My goal is still to lose 20 lbs by Labor Day. Actually as long as I lose something I will be happy. I will be going to the beach a week after Labor Day so would love be down some.

Whoop--I am watching America's Best Dance Crew 2 and SuperCr3w are extremely talented. I think that other group Soul...whatever are too cocky and are sloppy based on that. That keeps them from being true competition. I like Sorealcru (?) too. Everyone else needs to go home, really.

Eny--Tastefully Simple (danger, danger)!! I would hurt someone for the almond pound cake and the strawberry rhubarb spread.
  • Good morning!
    Hope everyone had a good evening. Surprisingly it went well for me. I stayed within my points, thought I was going to crack later at night but didn't. I'm going to have breakfast soon and start the point counting for the day. I just keep thinking "SWIMSUIT!" Yes, I will get there and so will everyone else here!
  • Katenicol - congrats for being out of the 160's...just think when that post TOM whoosh kicks in you may be out of the 150's soon!!!

Whoop- Yayy you for staying motivated after a gain and getting rid of that. I envy you....I get so discouraged with a small gain that sometimes its enough to derail my good intentions for months!

Likenoother - Just remember....post TOM whoosh

StNessa - Your kickin' it on those points aren't cha?? You show those points whose boss...LOL

• Quote: Has anyone tried Jillian Micheals 30 day shred...is it a good work out DVD?
    I bought a Jillian Michaels DVD -- don't know which one exactly. The Opening Warmup was high knee running! The Warmup! I figured by the 'top of the curve', I'd be dead. Sent that DVD to the Goodwill...