Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 12 of 34
Go to
  • Whew! I discovered that the 30 day shred, parts 2 and 3, are OnDemand on my cable. So I went for part 2 and it was tough! Eeps! I love Exercise TV ondemand, I just always forget about it. I need to make an effort to do something from there every day.
    I did have coffee today, maybe I shouldn't have because after I decided to work out and now I feel icky. I don't drink it often, but every now and then I do.
    for everyone doing so great and being supportive!!!
    And for everyone having the TOM at the same exact time.
    I passed out last night before eating dinner, I just remembered, so that's probably while I feel icky. I get to go grocery shopping in two days, so I'm going to get the right foods to help boost my weight loss so I can reach my goal! Eight weeks left? Really? It feels like so long, but not nearly long enough! I guess I'm just worried I'm not doing enough to reach my goal. I'm excited to go food shopping and I'll have to eat really good, or TRY to! I seem to be pretty good at maintaining, SHOCKING! After I lost the first chunk, I was worried I was gaining it all back, but nope, staying the same.
    Alright, enough blabbering, I'm going watch the tube and nurse my ickyness.
  • Hey ladies! So, I just found out my case for the summer, I'll be working 9-5 5 days a week. Travel time wise, I'll have a 45 min commute on the bus (because I can't afford gas). I usually do 85 mins a day with a combo of dvds (TBL Cardio Max, Denise Austin Cardio Dance, TBL Power Scuplt) in the early afternoon. I live at home so space is at a premium. I'll be coming home about 6pm so I won't have the time to really work out like I normally do so I have to adjust the exercise to make up for it. To keep up with the weight loss, I'll have to add more walking for 30-45mins either before/after/both work. I'm going to try to do 30 mins of a DVD when I get home though at least 3x a week and do the 85 min workouts on Sat and Sunday. I'm not too mad, at least I'm working.
  • dancingirl--I ditto Mckenziesmomma. You gave that woman too much "power". Never give your "power" away.

Nessa--I don't get much sleep either. That's why I love 3FC. I go to bed late and get up early.

I went to Trader Joe's today. I usually alternate bw TJ's and Whole Foods and it was WF's turn but the parking situation at WF is ridiculous unless you go there early morning or early afternoon. I got there a little later than planned so I keep driving and went to TJ's. I'm set for healthy foods I just need to watch the portions.
  • So, it started out with I'm going to do the dishes, then it turned into, well I could organize these drawers a little bit. And this all ended in a 3 hour, and it's a small kitchen, clean fest. I chloroxed the cabinets and reorganized. Cleared up a LOT of space. It was so cluttered before, now I see all the wasted space there was.

I seemed to have lost another pound doing so, so I am down 14 now I believe.
    It's nice. Just say no to muffin tops! Woot. I still feel big, but I'm not ashamed as I was. You'd think after about 14 lbs I'd be a new pant size, but no, just no rolls I guess.
    Can't decide if I'm going to clean more.
  • What a waste
    I had such a good day going, water, fiber, protein and then my DD brought me over dinner. Stake fries and chicken fingers, what did I do(?) I ate it so it's not her fault it's mine. Also I didn't get to excerise but I did clean my bedroom from top to bottom. Worked up a sweat too. I am so proud because I really did a great job - it is so cute.

PMSing, blew up at DBF, over stupid nothings- so now I haven't heard from him. That hurts I hate this monthly roller coster stuff, I mean hate it, and it's not like I can get ready for it because I am at that age when it does what it wants when it want too. Ya talkin bout NO Control.
    That's about what I look and feel like after a blow up. I am so crankie, I hate feeling this way. I just want to be in the world by myself , then get mad and go into a F-ing rage because I am alone.
  • Quote: So, it started out with I'm going to do the dishes, then it turned into, well I could organize these drawers a little bit. And this all ended in a 3 hour, and it's a small kitchen, clean fest. I chloroxed the cabinets and reorganized. Cleared up a LOT of space. It was so cluttered before, now I see all the wasted space there was.

I seemed to have lost another pound doing so, so I am down 14 now I believe.
    It's nice. Just say no to muffin tops! Woot. I still feel big, but I'm not ashamed as I was. You'd think after about 14 lbs I'd be a new pant size, but no, just no rolls I guess.
    Can't decide if I'm going to clean more.
    Go Katen, Go Katen, Go..Go..Go Katen

Good job!! now when you get up in the morning and get ready to go fix you a healthy breakfast you'll wake up to a clean kitchen...it will make you smile trust me!!!

Now the real trick for me is keeping it that way! If you need any tricks this is what I do....helps if you have a dishwasher
    I start the dishwasher right before I go to bed....in the morning I unload it and through out the day as I use dishes I put them in the dishwasher when I'm done with them.....I bought a small bus bucket from walmart for like $2.00 (its around the kitchen stuff) and put it under the kitchen sink...so if the dishwasher is full and / or running and I have dirty dishes I put the dishes under the sink in the bus bucket and the next morning when I empty the dishwasher I immediately put the dirty dishes under the sink in the dishwasher....before bed I also wipe down the countertops...I sweep twice a week ...Mon and Fri...and Mop on Monday....

Hope this helped...I'm proud of you....clearing that clutter will help you in your dieting effors

• Quote: What a waste
    I had such a good day going, water, fiber, protein and then my DD brought me over dinner. Stake fries and chicken fingers, what did I do(?) I ate it so it's not her fault it's mine. Also I didn't get to excerise but I did clean my bedroom from top to bottom. Worked up a sweat too. I am so proud because I really did a great job - it is so cute.

PMSing, blew up at DBF, over stupid nothings- so now I haven't heard from him. That hurts I hate this monthly roller coster stuff, I mean hate it, and it's not like I can get ready for it because I am at that age when it does what it wants when it want too. Ya talkin bout NO Control.
    That's about what I look and feel like after a blow up. I am so crankie, I hate feeling this way. I just want to be in the world by myself , then get mad and go into a F-ing rage because I am alone.

its gonna be okay!!! Take a deep breath! Thank the daughter for her good intentions....and kindly explain how well you have been doing on your diet and exercise plan.....eat the food she brought...no biggie....but tell her what you have accomplished already...she will be proud of you....tell her the kinds of things you are eating....and say something like....."OHHHHH, next time you bring me some dinner could you bring me a grilled chicken bacon ranch salad from McDonald's....I have been craving a good salad lately!!!" ...and she will get the idea that you appreciate her and what she did but that you are also trying to eat right....

APOLOGIZE profusely to you DBF!!!! and tell him you can't help it ...its the CURSE....LOL!!! Just tell him you'll try to get lost and go for a walk instead of blowing up next time....maybe you guys should develop a code word like "BREAK TIME" and when one of you says that word you have to take a 30 min break in the conversation ...maybe take a walk...really think things over and try to see things from the other persons point of view and when you come back agree to talk things over without sarcasim...LOL....me and my DH have to do this sometimes..

Just think of the nice whoosh you'll be gettin her in a couple of days (so this crappy thing that causes us to be an emotional roller coaster sometimes can have an up side if we stick to our guns)

I hope you feel better....
  • Thanks Kenziemomma
    Hope I feel better --- you showed so much compassion you made me cry
    It seems like it's gonna be a long nite. I can't go to sleep. But I'm hanging onto my water bottle, wit tears in my eyes, instead of the frig door.
  • Awww, Everyone here is just so nice and helpful to each other. We're like a little family now. What are we going to do once Labor Day gets here? I say make it a Thanksgiving challenge then. I don't want to lose any of you on my weight loss journey.
    Well about my day I did good with b-fast and lunch but was starving at dinner. My husband and I did end up going out to eat and even though I didn't count points I did have smaller portions. When I didn't get dessert my husband asked if there was something wrong with me.
    And I am proud to say,Mckenziesmomma, I finally worked out! Like Kate I had to remind myself of ondemand. I did the 3 mile walk and it felt great! But now Mckenziesmomma, your cleaning routine is blowing my mind - I clean as I get to it. There is no schedule. Now I'm thinking I need to be more organized. I don't know how you do it!
    And I am proud to say, Mckenziesmomma, I finally worked out! Like Kate I had to remind myself of ondemand. I did the 3 mile walk and it felt great! But now Mckenziesmomma, your cleaning routine is blowing my mind. I clean as I get to it. There is no schedule. Now I'm thinking I need to be more organized. I don't know how you do it!
    Babygal - Tomorrow is another day. Start it off with a refreshing walk to add some pep to your step. That should get you in the right mind set for the day.
    Okay, like always, it is late & I'm nowhere near bed time. At least tomorrow I don't work. I'm going to my parent's and my wonderful Mommy has bought me Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches for my dessert. She's so good to me!
    Thank you & Good Night!
  • Oh crap! I messed up because this thing would not let me post saying I had links but I DIDN'T HAVE LINKS so I was copying and pasting and now I just repeated myself - UGH! COMPUTERS!
  • Good Morning and Happy 4th everyone. Proud to be an American! I thank God I live in this country and no where else. As messed up as we are I am glad I have to deal with our mess and not the mess that some others have to live through. Let us not forget to say a special prayer for those serving on our behalf.

I just wanted to check in this morning and say to MommaKenzie I called that DBF of mine late last night and he was all curt and angry sounding so I did just what you said APOLOGIZE profusely, he turned to Jello (sugar free cause he wasn't totally as sweet as I wanted him to be) but at least he softed up.

Nessa I am going to do just what you said. Before doing anything else I am going to take my DGS (babysitting again) for a nice walk with me down by the marina.

I am sure I'll check in this evening
    Have a Blessed Day Chickies
  • Yay for ondemand!!!
    Now I have to get on there today and see what I want to do.
    Something for abs and then some cardio.

Kenzie! I walked in the kitchen for my morning glass of water and fiber and I was really excited! haha. I even somehow fixed my burner that hadn't worked in a long time, I suspect it wasn't plugged in right.

Last night, we ended up going out to eat with family that's in town, but I didn't pig out! I ate so much less than I used to. It was Mexican, so of course I had a taco. And then I had a chalupa, and saved the rest,which was rice,beans,and a chicken enchilada.
    Tonight my husband's father is bbqing.
    Since I've stopped pigging out I've noticed a pile up of leftovers in the fridge!
    Haha, I could go a while without cooking because I have all these good leftovers. And tomorrow is shopping day!
  • I have done well these last 3 days with exercise. But, food is still the biggest issue. I just weighed in and it says that Im 173. That means I gained 0.5 since my WI on Wednesday. I would love to be at least 171 by Sunday, 7/6.

I'm going to do my best to behave this weekend. Let's see what happens from there.

Goals
    171 by Sunday
    169 by Wednesday
  • Good... afternoon! HAPPY 4th! Hope everyone enjoys their holiday! I thought I better stick to my routine and get on here before heading out. I had my breakfast so I won't be tempted to pig out the second I get to my parent's house. I weighed myself today (I'm doing Fridays since I started on a Friday) and I'm down 4 1/2 lbs!

Not bad for the first week. I know it's going to slow down from here but I'm hoping if I keep up with the exercise ondemand I might be able to lose another 4 lbs by the time my in laws get here. I bet that will improve my self esteem for that weekend. I owe my success to all of you that have been here this whole week!
    Babygal - I'm so glad you woke up with a positive attitude! I hope your day proves to be a happy relaxing one.
    Now everyone behave at all the BBQs you'll be going to. I know I don't want to mess up now!!!
    4 lbs!!!
  • Nessa: which workouts ondemand are you doing?

I just did Leslie's 1 mile jog and then I did some toning one. I'm debating doing one more. I'm not sure which to do.