Farewell, Dissertation ***!

• Just wanted to say hello to everyone! I'm a 27-year-old graduate student looking to shed the 30 lbs. I've put on since starting school. I'll be graduating with a Ph.D. in Sociology next May, and I'd like to feel fit and confident before hitting the job market.

This seems like a great community - I look forward to making friends here!

Cheers,
    Jaclyn
  • Hello and Welcome! Iv'e just joined too and have found that everyone so far has been genuinely helpful and kind.
  • Welcome! You may want to try the Featherweight section, as you don't have a lot to lose... it's a very friendly group!

What's does your dissertation cover?
  • My research is on young women's experiences with the sexual side effects of antidepressant medications - how such experiences affect their sense of self, their intimate relationships, their feelings about taking medication, etc.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll check out the featherweight group!

Jaclyn
  • Welcome!

I gained a lot of weight in grad school... well, actually, I gained even MORE as an undergrad! You're smart to want to get a handle on it now!
  • Congrats on completing your dissertation... that must be a big relief... and what great subject matter....
    This is a great site... lots of nice people, support, ideas and inspiration.
    I know you will be happy you found us... Good luck on your journey..