What You WON"T miss revisited...

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • - Being the fat friend
    - Not being able to wear and buy any clothes I want
    - jiggly arms and thighs
    - boob sweat
    - Avoiding trying on clothes because I'm going to feel fat and then get depressed
    - being the homegirl and not the girlfriend
  • Well I had recently joined the group before everything was wiped out, and I did post a response so I'll post again.

1) Taking pictures millions of times before I find one that doesn't make me look fat.

2) My thighs rubbing together.

3) Having to shop weeks in advance for one event because its so hard to find one decent outfit in my size.

4) Being insecure when a thin woman walks in the room with my boyfriend and I.

5) Not being able to shop anywhere I want to.

6) Waiting till I lose weight for my life to begin.
  • Quote:
    6) Waiting till I lose weight for my life to begin.
    Hello, I'm new to this group and was very shy to actually post anything, until I read this.

The tears just streamed down my face reading all the things that desperately apply to my life. But the last statement rings true.

I won't miss being who I am right now (Ashamed of who I am)
  • Quote: Hello, I'm new to this group and was very shy to actually post anything, until I read this.

The tears just streamed down my face reading all the things that desperately apply to my life. But the last statement rings true.

Its so great that we all can relate. I believe it will help us all reach our goals. Now we know we're not alone, and there are others who feel like you and I. Welcome.
  • -lack of energy
    - shopping in the plus size section
    -not being confident
    -missing out on life
    -my thighs rubbing together
  • Quote:
    Also BEIGE BRAS!!! lol yes, I agree!.
    Ok, someone is going to have to explain this to me because I didn't even discover beige bras until I lost weight. What would I wear under white shirts?? I didn't know it was just a big girl thing.

As Pretty Paula said in the last thread, feeling masculine. I do not miss that the MOST.
  • I personally love my beige bras and would love them at any size!

Quote: Ok, someone is going to have to explain this to me because I didn't even discover beige bras until I lost weight. What would I wear under white shirts?? I didn't know it was just a big girl thing.

As Pretty Paula said in the last thread, feeling masculine. I do not miss that the MOST.
  • I won't miss:

- Being the fat friend
    - Avoiding the camera
    - Having to scour the Earth for a decent looking pair of pants
    - Jiggly arms and stomach
    - Feeling like the fattest thing in creation at social events
    - Having to wear space-aged underwear to hold myself in
    - Hating how I look in skirts and dresses
    - Feeling like my fiance is too good looking for me
    - Feeling like my fiance's family thinks Im a fat, American pig
  • klk I feel ya on on the fiance's family. My man is from Europe and I am super nervous to meet his family at my current weight
  • 1. sweating under boobs
    2. knowing how much more attractive i would be if thin.. but feeling soooo unattractive now
    3. this one is more adult in nature... hope i dont offend... but i wont miss not being able to make love to my husband the ways i really want to.
    4. fat clothes
    5. feeling like im carrying a 150lb sack around with me all the time.. makes me tired lol
    6. my belly.. i never knew one could get sooo big

there are loads of others but i dont wanna turn this into a book lol
  • I will not miss...

-the arm wing/flab that moves when I wave
    -the thighs rubbing together thing
    -being the only one in jeans when every one else is wearing shorts and tanks
    -being terrified to go to an amusement park because of an abnormal fear of getting stuck on a ride
    -being the 'fat' friend
    -my flab still moving even though I've come to a complete stop

And tell me, why can't I order a salad in peace? They either look at me like I should have ordered it a longgggg time ago, or they put the salad in front of one of my skinny friends and place the philly cheese steak in front of me. Tres annoying...

Trina
  • Quote: Hello, I'm new to this group and was very shy to actually post anything, until I read this.

Nobody deserves to feel like that.

As for what I don't miss?

I don't miss shopping in the plus size sections
    I don't miss not being able to keep up with DH
    I don't miss making DH look like a tiny person next to me. (We weigh about the same now )
  • - just noticed I posted in 20 somethings.. my bad.

Well I'm 20 something times 2..does that count?
  • chickinthehat -- we welcome 20-somethings as well as those who have at some point in time been twenty somethings :-)

YOUR WEIGHT LOSS IS AMAZING!!! You're getting so close to your goal!! Eeeeeeeeee I'm excited for you!!

Things I won't miss:
    - Feeling like I'm too chubby to be the "pretty girl" on stage.
    - Having my butt in customer's faces at work (**though I do work in a restaurant where they cram FAR TOO MANY tables into one spot....everyone has issues...but I always feel like the people are like "this fat girls but is in my haddock"**)
    - Feeling less in control of my life, that it controls me (Starting to NOT MISS this already!)
    - Being the biggest one in dance classes/having people look at me weirdly when I tell them I dance.
  • Physical Limitations:
    *Getting winded tying my shoes, putting shoes and socks on and pulling up my pants (Achieved!)
    *Not being able to have sex because I can't spread my legs (Achieved!)
    *Not having my thighs rub together and start irritations
    Appearances:
    *Looking prego (I think I have achieved this)
    *The double chin (Almost achieved this)
    *The double arm

That's what comes to mind, more to come as they come in my head.