Gold plan help please?...

• I have switched myself to the old 'gold' plan from my regular colored plan and was wondering what I need to do for maintenance. Anyone have that info, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!
  • Gold Plan Guidelines
    Sorry I can't help with the maintenance but I was wondering if you could give me the guidelines for the gold plan?
  • Elizabeth, Normally when you hit goal, they will add exchanges week by week to your plan, in a period of time called stabilization. If I recall correctly, the first week they add unlimited veggies, and then an extra dairy, then an extra fat and half a protein (if you on a plan with 2 proteins already, if you already get 2 and a half you don't get any extra) then a fruit, then a starch and finally a second extra fat. If at any point you are not within 3 pounds of your goal week they don't give you the extra exchange. So stabilization can take more than the 6 weeks. Then some counselors say you should wean yourself off the bars, but then they don't give you any extra food if you do (which I think is just a ploy to get you to buy bars for the rest of your life).
    Other counselors just said to go to one bar a day if your weight goes over the 3 pound range. Mostly they try to keep you plus or minus 3 pounds of your goal weight.

I stabilized on Blue which is just slightly above Gold. I did try Gold a few times, and it works OK for me if I am not exercising much but is not enough food if I am. Of course the portion sizes are a bit different from the numbered plans, so you really should have the book if you are trying to do Gold.
  • I agree with Barbara about switching between Gold/numbered plans - as there are differences, but if you have the info for both, you should be good to go. I also just went through stabilization, just as Barbara said it.

Quote: Then some counselors say you should wean yourself off the bars, but then they don't give you any extra food if you do (which I think is just a ploy to get you to buy bars for the rest of your life).
    Thanks for saying this. I was wondering and was going to post a question, but you beat me to the punch! I get my 'maintenance' information this Friday. Then I think I need to go back to weight loss mode for a few weeks, if I can stand it that is. It is so easy getting back into more food...
  • Thanks ladies.. I got all the info I needed and will do a take off and give the Gold plan a try. I have been stuck for a few weeks and the center is not really help in that regard, I keep getting 'just keep on plan and it will come off'...I don't see after a month how it is going to 'fall' off. Anyhow, I'll let you know how it goes.