Sara Lee bread

• So I was curious today about what they are selling as 100% whole wheat bread and took a look alongside the smooth and soft white.

calories per serving wheat - 70
    calories per serving white - 160

holy discrepancy! until i noticed that the serving size for white was two slices while wheat was one slice. I really hate it when companies do this ... it's so obvious that it's on purpose and what they were thinking.
    looking at the ingrediants im guessing most of the calories come from additives anyways.
  • ugh this makes me mad too!! I bought a package of deli ham, it was 1 point a serving. Well I didnt realize that it was ONE SLICE per serving!! ALL the others were 6 slices per serving and only 2 points... wtf?! I was super mad!
  • that makes me mad too .... especially the wheat bread thing .... here i am suffering through wheat bread thinking it will make a world of difference when really i could have had my ( delicious ! ) white bread and just done an extra lap around the block to compensate it !
  • Personally, I love wheat bread so I wouldn't consider it suffering to eat it. White bread is basically void of nutrition. Whole grain bread (100% wheat and others) on the other hand is good for you. It depends on what your focus is. If your focus is purely calories, then eat what you want based on the calories you want to achieve.