Rededicating self to weight loss

• I wanted to post a new thread since no one else has since the recovery.

I feel like I bounce around here now and then but I find it hard to completely make the life changes necessary to losing weight. Well, I think I've reached the point where I can no longer pretend I don't need to do this. The past two weeks have been pure **** for me because I've had a migraine headache. I've missed work and missed fun, social engagements because I was sick. My options are to go back on a medicine that has horrible side effects or completely cut processed foods from my diet.

So I'm getting serious now. I can't continue to live in pain and I need to lose weight. No more processed foods- only fruits, veggies, meat, and homemade bread/pasta. And I'm going to start walking and swimming again.

Really just posting this just to affirm my commitment to this process.

Thinking healthy thoughts...

~Onyx
  • Good luck to you!!! I think reaching this "point" can be the very best thing for you.

I used to suffer from frequent, frequent headaches. I practically lived on ibuprofen. I had not taken one single painkiller for the past entire year until about 2 weeks ago when I had a painful foot infection. Not a one.

Switching over to a healthy lifestyle is the best thing you can do for yourself and you will never, ever regret it, not for a single second. Give yourself some time to get used to it, and before you know it - get used to it you will. You will be so happy with the results, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
  • Glad you have finally reached a point of no looking back. I used to get the worst migraines and I think a large reason was due to the food I ate. Now I haven't had one in quite a long time.
  • I never really made the connection between what I ate and all the headaches I used to get. I used to live on Advil! Now I only have to take it once a month.

I rarely miss all the processed food and now really enjoy fruits, veggies and protein. Here's hoping you will as well! Feel better.