Atkins Angels 6/2-6/8

• I guess I'll get things started.

I am assuming that I am in ketosis. There is a funny sweet taste in my mouth and I am having a serious migraine from the carb withdrawals. But the scale was down this morning and I'll work through it.
  • Thanks! DAY 4 of INDUCTION HEAVEN
    Zinkmom2 -- Thanks for getting us up and running again. i guess its as the sun goes: starting in Australia (right?), now here I am in London, and by the time the USA/Canadians wake up we will be on the road. (Hey Fay - is Hong Kong up yet)

Some things still aren't working right -- can't get my current stats and ticker on..but will try again later.

I know what you mean about those carb-withdrawal ills. On day 3 I woke up feeling like lead anchors were on my hands and ankles, and with a massive sugar-craving.
    But today is day 4 and I am feeling much much better and in that state I got into my last attempt, where I can't understand how I could ever go off this way of eating. And yet I DID.... So i am committting to writing everyday to one of our low-carb forums.. I just have to remember how much I love the way I feel when I know I am doing something to move the fat,

RubyJan
  • Headache thankfully is GONE! I am loving the 4.5 pound drop in 4 days. WHOOHOO!
  • atkins
    I'm also on atkins. In the past I lost 40 lbs in 4 months, and what kept me going was testing my urine everyday with ketone sticks. When I would see that deep purple (large amount of ketones) I KNEW I was a FAT BURNING MACHINE! No way was I going to cheat. I'm back on Atkins in my 3rd day and have light ketones, tomorrow I should have moderate amount. Best wishes.