Metabolic Research Center - Take 19!!!

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Went to wi today instead of tomorrow (our center is closed Sat & Mon because of the holiday) and I knew that tomorrow would be crowded so I went today. I lost another 1#... that makes it 2.5 lbs in six days. I haven't lost this much even on the regular plan and now that I am on stabilization I am a fat burning machine. I wonder if a) my body was starving or b) the Sea Thin is "really working" or c) the 70 miles I rode my bike on Sunday has burned that much fat. AND I am in the 140's. Dressed and after breakfast (had a 1/2 of a banana and it was delish).

If anyone is interested I've been making a homemade shake expanding on Meemo's recipe. 2/3 scoop of unflavored whey protein, a few ice cubes, 8oz H2O, 1/2 C strawberries and 1-2 tablespoons of Davinchi Vanilla Syrup. Blend it up and it is heaven in a glass. Oh and today I substitued my 1/2 banana for the straberries (on stab you can have 1/2 banana 3x week). Yummo.
    Great Job! Ooh Banana's - I can't wait to have those again. How exciting to be in the 140's. I have not seen that number in a long long long time.
  • Well I stopped in my center yesterday to see if they had gotten the bari-efa in yet since they owed it to me from my starter package. I had my twins with me in the car right in front of the center (didn't want to shut my car off as my battery was bad - had that replaced this morning) so I could totally see them. Anyway, all I wanted to do was get those herbs and that was it. I was in a crabby mood (car and also yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my uncles death), of course doesn't help that my twins didn't get a nap. So the counselor that signed me up was there and said well while you are here let's get you weighed and I said no I did not want to get weighed - I was not in the same outfit or weight of clothes when I weighed in last week plus I had not been taking the 2tblsp of oils since I didn't have the bari-efa. I said I would come in tomorrow. The counselor said well we do have some people that are like that and have to weigh in in the same clothes. Hello - duh why wouldn't you?? At least the same weight of clothes!!! When you are trying to lose weight every ounce counts!!! Well they still didn't have the bari-efa but they gave me a bottle of flaxseed instead so I started taking that yesterday. I am planning on weighing in tomorrow just not sure what a good time will be. Our center is closed Saturday and Monday for the holiday. If I weigh in tomorrow that will be the only time this week I have weighed in but I have only officially started the program (meta-slim green menu) this past Monday.

Sharisse
  • Ok here might be a silly question but will I be on this same menu (with the same food choices) the entire time of my weight loss journey??? I am on the meta-slim green menu.

Thanks in advance!

Sharisse
    www.picturetrail.com/reser
    www.myspace.com/ssreser
  • Quote: Ok here might be a silly question but will I be on this same menu (with the same food choices) the entire time of my weight loss journey??? I am on the meta-slim green menu.

Thanks in advance!

Sharisse
    www.myspace.com/ssreser
    Reply I think you will be. I started on the green menu also. I think if you start heavier that you start on a tan menu and move to the green. There is a blue menu (don't know what for) and a 2 meal a day menu, and one called metabalance for those who have special health issues.
  • Quote: Great Job! Ooh Banana's - I can't wait to have those again. How exciting to be in the 140's. I have not seen that number in a long long long time.
    My husband has never seen me this weight since we first met. Certainly since we've been married. He's always been lighter than I until a few weeks ago. BTW a NSV: I was in Sam's Club yesterday and picked up a cute pair of pedal pushers (size 10 stretch) brought them home and they fit. I usually try everything on but Sam's doesn't have try on rooms so I had to bring it home. Also bought a package of sports bras XL but they were too big... I thought I was buying a large so those are going to be exchanged.

• Alexiah - the enhancers have never made me feel jittery - I take 2 at Breakfast and 2 at lunch.

MrsPhibes thanks for the turkey sausage recipe - I am going to try it this weekend. also way to go on the NSV!!! My other half is in the 140's and I can't wait to be smaller than him!
  • Quote: Went to wi today instead of tomorrow (our center is closed Sat & Mon because of the holiday) and I knew that tomorrow would be crowded so I went today. I lost another 1#... that makes it 2.5 lbs in six days. I haven't lost this much even on the regular plan and now that I am on stabilization I am a fat burning machine. I wonder if a) my body was starving or b) the Sea Thin is "really working" or c) the 70 miles I rode my bike on Sunday has burned that much fat. AND I am in the 140's. Dressed and after breakfast (had a 1/2 of a banana and it was delish).

If anyone is interested I've been making a homemade shake expanding on Meemo's recipe. 2/3 scoop of unflavored whey protein, a few ice cubes, 8oz H2O, 1/2 C strawberries and 1-2 tablespoons of Davinchi sugar free Vanilla Syrup. Blend it up and it is heaven in a glass. Oh, and today I substitued my 1/2 banana for the strawberries (on stab you can have 1/2 banana 3x week). Yummo.
    Congrats , the 140's my goodness!!
  • Quote: Ok here might be a silly question but will I be on this same menu (with the same food choices) the entire time of my weight loss journey??? I am on the meta-slim green menu.

Thanks in advance!

Sharisse
    www.myspace.com/ssreser
    I had that EXACT same question not long after I started. The food choices will remain the same the amounts change. When you get to 200 lbs you go from the beige menu to the green or blue can't member which the only difference is you get 6 oz protein with each meal on the beige and on the next menu you only get 4 oz.
  • Quote: I went to WI today and was down 2.5 so am now *officially* on the green menu and out of the 200's!!

Way to go!!!
  • Quote: Are shrimp and crab legs allowed?
    I am on the META SLIM PLUS beige menu and on it we are allowed a 6 oz serving of Fresh Crab, Shrimp, Lobster or Scallops twice a week (this in Protein Group 2)! Not sure what menu you are on!

Quote: Hey, how do you get it to where it posts your weight loss, like a chart that I see with everybody that has flowers and such?
    Thanks!!
    Unfortunatly 3FC has a 30 wait policy for a ticker! Once you hit 30 days, you should have another tab appear under the user control panel. You will then go under the quick links and create a sig tracker, copy to formula and past it in the field to edit your sig! I know it stinks! I was anxious to get mine when I started also!

Quote: I went to WI today and was down 2.5 so am now *officially* on the green menu and out of the 200's!!
    You are doing great Finz! You ladies are burning up onederland! Make sure and save some room for the rest of us, we are on our way and to stay!

Quote: For me the key is to make sure I don't go over 4 oz. I've made the mistake before and added "just a little more" and it had that yucky cottage cheese taste. So....

1 pkg double chocolate pudding supplement (or any flavor you like)
    4 oz water
    4 oz low-fat cottage cheese
    2 pkg artificial sweetener
    10 ice cubes

mix in blender until smooth.
    Souds delicioso, Im an going to have to try this when I get home! HMMM YUMM YUMM

Quote: Alexia..Here's a pic of the box.

Think I am going to have to try some myself! They sound really good!

Quote: Today was day 7 for me on meta quick. I lost 3.5 lbs today. For a total of 24 lbs. and 24 inches. I was only hungry around 5:00 for dinner. But I did get tired of the shakes. I only did the shakes not the bars. I would hope to lose kind of big next week 2 but it will be TOM. So we will see.
    WOW, you made it to the finish line! CONGRATS, keep us posted! Think when ever I make it in to the center, I am going to have to ask about the meta quick!

Quote: Thanks for the info rock!! Ok guys a friend of mine signed up for mrc on may 10th she found out she is pregnant so has decided to stop the program until after she bought alot of supplements and pills and is willing to sell them to me for a discounted price i already have all she is trying to get rid of exept the metabolic enhancer the strawberry *bananna drinks and the chocalate waffers also she has somthing called chromium picolinate? Anyways i was hoping you all had some feed back on these products for me befor i buy them especially the enhancer i DO NOT like pills that make me feel jittery how does the enhancer make you feel? Thanks for the help in advance everyone i really appreciate it . By the way is everyone elses center closed on sat and mon for memorial day weekend?
    Alexia: I used to take the enhancer versus the hoodia! It is more pills versus the hoodia is 2 a day! I don't remember it ever making me jittery! I forgot what the chromium picolinate did, I finished my bottle and don't plan on buying any more!

Quote: I lost another 1#... that makes it 2.5 lbs in six days. I haven't lost this much even on the regular plan and now that I am on stabilization I am a fat burning machine. I wonder if a) my body was starving or b) the Sea Thin is "really working" or c) the 70 miles I rode my bike on Sunday has burned that much fat. AND I am in the 140's. Dressed and after breakfast (had a 1/2 of a banana and it was delish).

If anyone is interested I've been making a homemade shake expanding on Meemo's recipe. 2/3 scoop of unflavored whey protein, a few ice cubes, 8oz H2O, 1/2 C strawberries and 1-2 tablespoons of Davinchi sugar free Vanilla Syrup. Blend it up and it is heaven in a glass. Oh, and today I substitued my 1/2 banana for the strawberries (on stab you can have 1/2 banana 3x week). Yummo.
    BOY - everyone is coming up with some great ideas! Something else to try! CONGRATS on your loss! You are just a burnin machine, one hot momma!
  • Quote: I am planning on weighing in tomorrow just not sure what a good time will be. Our center is closed Saturday and Monday for the holiday. If I weigh in tomorrow that will be the only time this week I have weighed in but I have only officially started the program (meta-slim green menu) this past Monday.
    Sounds like that individual was being a bit snooty! Brush it off! I only like to wi once a week and like to wi about the same time in similar clothes! Pick a time that is convenient for you, just try and remain consistent due to your weight will vary through out the day!

Quote: My husband has never seen me this weight since we first met. Certainly since we've been married. He's always been lighter than I until a few weeks ago. BTW a NSV: I was in Sam's Club yesterday and picked up a cute pair of pedal pushers (size 10 stretch) brought them home and they fit. I usually try everything on but Sam's doesn't have try on rooms so I had to bring it home. Also bought a package of sports bras XL but they were too big... I thought I was buying a large so those are going to be exchanged.
    Wonderful NSV!
  • I think the chromium picolinate is supposed to help with sweet cravings.
  • Quote: Hey Everyone. Well, I officially joined yesterday! I'm very excited, though it cost me a TON of money Oh well. I've signed up for 6 months, so since I've paid it, I'm going to do it!!! One question I forgot to ask since I'm on Detox this week is what about shellfish. Are shrimp and crab legs allowed?
    Thanks and congrats to all these great weight losses!
    Welcome!!! I don't know about crab legs but I'm pretty sure shrimp is ok. While you're on detox, you don't have to be AS strict so even if you have them (just avoid the butter sauce!) you should be ok.

Quote: Could someone tell me the guidelines for Metaquick. The people at my center do not know. I would like to try it because I have fallen off the wagon and want to get going again. How many HNS do you have, how many shakes do you have and what do you eat????
    I've done it a couple of times (only once for 6 days, usually just 2-3 then off) and I always have a bar for breakfast w/an HNS, a mid-morning HNS, shake at lunch w/an HNS, mid-afternoon HNS and then regular dinner (6 oz protein, 4 or 8 oz veggies, starch) and another HNS. I like my sleep and don't have time for the shakes in the morning. I found with the shakes (I do the chocolate, btw) that if I mixed it with ice, it seemed to make more (32 oz) and helped me stay full longer.

Quote: I went to WI today and was down 2.5 so am now *officially* on the green menu and out of the 200's!!

crested1 Congrats on getting out of the 200's as well!
    Yay! Congrats to both of you!! That is awesome news!

Quote: Forgot one thing - Have you all tried the Carb blocker? I am going out to dinner next Wednesday with Friends and I am really worried about ordering off the menu. I am actually thinking of taking my own salad dressing spritzer! Do any of you recomend getting the carb blocker?

Thanks
    I use the fat/carb blocker anytime I even out, even if ordering things I think are completely on plan. There's a lot of hidden fat/carbs in restaurant food that we might not know about. For instance, tonight I had Logan's Roadhouse. I haven't had any Group 3 Protein all week and weighed in today so ordered a steak with grilled shrimp. I also had a salad with my own MRC dressing and some grilled veggies. I have to admit, I did have 1 roll but other than that, I ordered things that were on the plan. But since I can't control the variables of it's preparation, I take the blocker just in case!
  • Quote: Today was day 7 for me on meta quick. I lost 3.5 lbs today. For a total of 24 lbs. and 24 inches. I was only hungry around 5:00 for dinner. But I did get tired of the shakes. I only did the shakes not the bars. I would hope to lose kind of big next week 2 but it will be TOM. So we will see.
    Update is coming! Let me get caught up first!!!

What a great weigh in today!!! 3.5 is awesome! And 24 lbs and 24 inches!?! WOOHOO! (I can't remember if mentioned this earlier or not but they did my comp last week and I was 40.5 inches and 40 lbs. I was frustrated but she said that keeping the inches and lbs close is good so not to stress about it... because I was)

Quote: Wonder where JewelieK is this week? Haven't seen Crystal in awhile either, Zachsmom are you in hiding again? Donuts are you still out there? Denise? Christi? Roll call!!!
    I'm pretty sure Jewelie is gone to her parents (?) for a month. I think she said she was driving so I'm sure she'll check in when she gets settled in. As for the others...

Where the heck are you all!?!?

Quote: Went to wi today instead of tomorrow (our center is closed Sat & Mon because of the holiday) and I knew that tomorrow would be crowded so I went today. I lost another 1#... that makes it 2.5 lbs in six days. I haven't lost this much even on the regular plan and now that I am on stabilization I am a fat burning machine. I wonder if a) my body was starving or b) the Sea Thin is "really working" or c) the 70 miles I rode my bike on Sunday has burned that much fat. AND I am in the 140's. Dressed and after breakfast (had a 1/2 of a banana and it was delish).

Way to go!!! I don't know if it's that Sea Thin or not but it's making me want to go and get some!!!

I was wanting to tell you... I got my bike today!!! I settled on a Trek Navigator 21 speed. I didn't get a chance to take it for a ride today but I think I might actually wake up early and go for a quick spin around the neighborhood! I'm so excited!!!
  • Quote: Well I stopped in my center yesterday to see if they had gotten the bari-efa in yet since they owed it to me from my starter package. I had my twins with me in the car right in front of the center (didn't want to shut my car off as my battery was bad - had that replaced this morning) so I could totally see them. Anyway, all I wanted to do was get those herbs and that was it. I was in a crabby mood (car and also yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my uncles death), of course doesn't help that my twins didn't get a nap. So the counselor that signed me up was there and said well while you are here let's get you weighed and I said no I did not want to get weighed - I was not in the same outfit or weight of clothes when I weighed in last week plus I had not been taking the 2tblsp of oils since I didn't have the bari-efa. I said I would come in tomorrow. The counselor said well we do have some people that are like that and have to weigh in in the same clothes. Hello - duh why wouldn't you?? At least the same weight of clothes!!! When you are trying to lose weight every ounce counts!!! Well they still didn't have the bari-efa but they gave me a bottle of flaxseed instead so I started taking that yesterday. I am planning on weighing in tomorrow just not sure what a good time will be. Our center is closed Saturday and Monday for the holiday. If I weigh in tomorrow that will be the only time this week I have weighed in but I have only officially started the program (meta-slim green menu) this past Monday.

Sharisse
    I tend to weigh in about the same time every time. Usually around 11:30, before lunch. And while I don't always wear the same thing, I do have an old pair of super light shorts that I keep in my car and change into when I go to the bathroom. I always wear those shorts for the weigh in but the tops will differ. But before I decided on the shorts thing, I would just wear whatever I had on and didn't try to stress over it too much. Worst case scenario is you become a scale stripper. That's sort of what prompted me bringing the shorts. I was taking off clothes left and right to get that extra 1/2 a pound off.

------------------------------------------

If you'll direct your attention to my ticker, you'll see that I am (officially) no longer over 300 lbs!!!! I broke it last Friday on my home scale but the MRC scale actually said 299 today. I was super excited. I will probably not weigh in again this week so only have a 2 lb loss for the week but I'll take it. Only 8 more lbs until the 50 lb board. WOOHOO!

And, I got my rebate check today which was immediately spent on an awesome brand new bicycle. I worked a little late and then had to meet friends for dinner so didn't get the chance to take it for a spin tonight. I hope to get my butt out of bed by 6am tomorrow so I can go for a quick ride before work. Just wanna get my feet wet with it, ya know? Plus getting the heart rate up first thing in the morning is supposed to be a good thing, right?

Ok, if I'm going to get up that early, I need to get off here and hit the hay! Hope everyone that weighs in tomorrow has a great one. And I hope that we all have a safe (and on plan) Memorial Day weekend!