Needing motivation...

• I give motivation too! lol

Well, I am just basically saying HELLO! I was going to try to post on the weekly chat, but because there isn't a thread started for this week yet...and I don't feel quite comfortable yet starting one, I thought I might just make a post introducing myself and telling my intentions.

Well...my intentions are...you guess it, losing weight! Like many here, I've been overweight all of my life. I started my weight loss journey officially when I was a Junior in High school in 2001. I weighed 222lbs (documented!). I currently weight 150lbs! Getting to 150 has taken a long time...and it is really staying off. I lost a good 50lbs the first three years, and during college I slowly lost about 5lbs a year...and I stayed pretty constantly in the 160s. Sense this last summer, I started getting down to the low 150s.

What have I been doing? I will say the majority of my weight has come off because of slim fast. I was very careful about following the diet (and I want to point out that the slim fast diet does not consist of just the shakes...it advices food along with the shakes...it worked for me because of the portion control and price). Also, starting about 2 years ago I started joining gyms. That really has helped me get this past 15/20lbs off, especially this summer. I usually go at least for times a week for about an hour at a time.

Now, I really want to finish and then maintain my weightless journey! I've got a big event coming up in October...I'm getting married! Yup, I am still so excited! My Fiancé' proposed to me on April 2nd, and we have everything coming together here on October 25th. I really want to get down to 140 pounds by my wedding...actually, by my first dress fitting which will be in July.

So, my goal and plan...I want to be around 140lbs by July...that is about 10 pounds to lose. I might have to adjust this plan a little bit. I am not sure how doable 10 pounds is at the current weight I am at. These last 15 have taken a good year and a half to come off.

My plan. I am going to continue using slim fast in the morning, and then healthy meals in the afternoon/evening. I am also planning on exercising at the gym 4 days a week!

I really need some motivation here! After I got engaged...I kicked butt there for a few weeks...these last few weeks have been crazy though. I really need to get back in line.

Now, I should get heading to work (I'm a substitute teacher...I'm a paraeducator in special education today!). I just really wanted to start my day out right here! I will try to sneak on maybe this afternoon during lunch, or for sure right after school.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Tessa
  • welcome tessa! glad you found us and congrats on the weight loss and the engagement--that's awesome!
  • Welcome and good luck! Your plan looks like a good one. Congratulations on the great success you have had so far. I believe you will make your goal.
  • Congratulations! You've had some great progress so far! Amazing

It's not just about motivation, it's about commitment. Make a conscious decision about your changes right now. (Not just when motivation strikes.)

You can do this. You can continue! You'll be a stunning bride!

Best of success!

PS - I'm getting married in October, too! I've got a back of the mind goal of being down in Onederland by the time I get married... but anything closer than where I am now will be fantastic.
  • well done on the weighloss so far, i think you could use how amazing u have been in the past at loosing as a bit of motivation, i always find when im really struggling, that i just need to see pictures of BIG me and i feel inspired, i cant belive its the same person somtimes. good luck on your journey, were all here for u
  • Welcome!!!

Congrats on your up-coming wedding, AND weight loss. I have no doubts that you'll hit your goal, you've already done so well!
  • It sounds like you are definitely on the right track! Good luck
  • Thank you very much everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement.

I love what Faerie said about not needing momentary motivation but commitment, and I think that this is a great place to do that.

I have come a long way so far, and I think lately I have been just getting so close to getting to Onderland (love that btw!), but then again not quite there.

Faerie, you are getting married in October too? How fun! My goal is to be down to where I want to be by my first dress fitting We'll see how that goes. How is wedding planning going so far?
  • Tessa - I think you'll be able to make it or be very, very close to your goal by your dress fitting. Just keep going forward, even if you're only a few pounds off, it'll be a triumph! The fiancé & I are in the finding a Justice of the Peace, and a Photographer stage. Things are a little crazy... but I hear that's normal for everyone We're having a very small wedding, so that takes some of the stress away. I actually already bought a dress (off the rack). It fits me now. If I keep heading down, I may end up getting it taken in during the fittings in September. How are things going for you and the hubby-to-be? Excited or just busy?
  • LoL Faerie, I bought a dress of the rack too...much cheaper. One nice thing about my dress is it ties in the back, so my dress seamtress said it is fairly adjustable after the first fitting. I just don't want to have to worry about it anymore. I also know if move my goal to September...I won't be as persistant.

We do have our photographer booked and pasters (3). We are having a fairly large wedding...inviting about 500 and counting on about 300 to show. Large families. We are also both from two seperate small towns, and I think that accounts to the larger numbers. Right now I am just trying to find a cheap site that I can order invitations. I am also having to work ont he rehearsal dinner site.

I know that is normally the 'guy's job.' Steve is just sooo busy right now. He is a mechanic, and has had to work 6 day weeks for the last three months (they are short a guy...one was hired finally though a few days ago...so after his two weeks notice Steve should go back to 5 days a week). He is helping out when he can though.

We are both super excited. Things are coming along at a pretty nice pace, so I am not feeling too overwhlemed. Luckily I have a sister, sister-in-law, and mother that have been through this already a couple of times. They are helping too
  • Wow 300! That is a large family ^^ But, hey... it's a celebration!!!! Best of luck with the invitations!

Sometimes those "his job" "her job" things get all mixed up depending on who can handle them at the moment. It's just the way it happens! And it's great that you have a few family members to help you out.