No Excuses Week #4--Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Onward to Week 4!

If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

We're all about "no excuses" here! Join in, post your exercise and meal plans, and then tell us how you did.

With Meg in New Mexico, I just wanted to get the thread up and running bright and early, even though I'm not. I'll pop in a bit later to chat.
  • Thanks, Robin, I appreciate your help! I'm actually awake since my body still seems to be on eastern daylight time. It's quiet and peaceful here in New Mexico with just me, two dogs at my feet, and a full moon over the mesa.

I don't think this is going to be my best week, food and exercise-wise, but I'm trying to make the best choices under the circumstances. But I pledge to be full-on, no excuses as soon as we get home on Sunday. It's helped me SO much over the past three weeks!

It's so motivating to read about everyone's successes and I love all the different menus. So here's to another great week!
  • I thought I'd need to start the thread but hopped on the elliptical first. Thanks, Robin.

Last week wasn't stellar and neither was the weekend. As usual, exercise is on target, but food issues keep roaring in my head. I WILL be on plan this week! That's my promise to myself and all of you.

Have fun, Meg!

Mel
  • Meg, somehow, I knew you'd be up first thing, regardless of the time difference. I hope you're enjoying New Mexico.

Mel, I know this week will be better for you.

What a disaster, absolute disaster Friday and Saturday were. Yikes. You name it, I ate it. There was just soooo much excellent food around. No excuses - I chose to eat it. And eat it I did. Yesterday was right back on plan.

Because of my stupid, stupid foot I barely MOVED, yet alone exercised. I feel horribly sluggish. I think the foot is going to get worse before it gets better. I have an appointment later this morning with a podiatrist. Something tells me this is NOT going to be fun and that there will be knives involved.

And oh, I have avoided the scale. I'm going to try and stay off of it til Thursday or Friday. Til I get a few good days under my belt.

The week ahead foodwise, I'm not too concerned with - it's the exercise. I'm pretty sure it will be next to non-existient. Which is scary for me. Very, very scary. I miss it terribly already and know that I will not be able to get my weekend weight gain off without it.

I have a big, big fancy, black tie wedding on Memorial Day, which I thought was 2 weeks away and now I realize it's only 1 week away. I know this is going to sound crazy, but if I had realized that, I wouldn't have gone quite as "off plan" as I did this past weekend, because I knew that I wanted to go "off plan" for that. I thought I would have 2 weeks to recover, instead of one. Gosh, just listen to me. I'm SO into planning when I can go "off". Something just doesn't sound right to me.

Here's hoping for an all around excellent, on plan week for all of us.
  • How did half of May fly by already? Here I have been, thinking I still had about 2 months until my friend's wedding... nope. 23 days until I fly to Boston. Enough of this lollygagging around. I have to confess... from Thursday night through Saturday night I ate AN ENTIRE JAR of peanut butter. I was moody all weekend, and I justify keeping PB around b/c it's "healthy" (not if you eat an entire jar in 3 days and you're not stuck on a desert island with only that jar of pb!). PB is not allowed to come into the house for a while. I do have an unopened jar in the cabinet, and it will stay pushed to the back, unopened. The PB has not been the only off-plan food this month.

My workouts have been quite good, it's my food that's slipping. I've been late-night munching quite a bit. Boredom, moodiness, you name it. That's not an excuse, and it needs to stop.

Last night I mixed up some sf chocolate pudding mix with skim milk and froze it in popsicle molds - my summer standby. Hopefully that will curb any ice cream cravings I have. Georgia peaches are about to come in season and I'll make some peach pops too - sooo yummy. Who needs ice cream?

Upcoming food challenges:
    Tomorrow night sushi night - My goal is to get a plate and count the # of pieces I put on it, and eat only that. I know there will be (low-cal) seaweed salad, I'll eat a big salad beforehand too. I'm going for the people, not the food. I think I'm going to go in with gum in my mouth.
    Memorial day - My roommates planned a BBQ at our house and invited half the world. I was going to splurge. Nope. I'm thinking turkey or veggies burger, some kind of salad that I dress the way I want, and watermelon.
    My annual summer ice cream craving, boredom/moodiness munchies - back to basics here. Keep my hands busy. Drink tea. 1 SFFF chocolate pudding pop if absolutely needed.

Meg, enjoy your trip. It sounds like a very beautiful, peaceful morning (night).

Mel, it's the food I'm having problems with too, not fitness. Let's stay OP together!

Robin, sorry to hear about your foot problems. I know it can be frustrating not exercising - it makes it easier for me to eat well when I've exercised, too. I hope your appt. w/ the podiatrist goes well today.

I WILL be on plan this week, too. I'm in! We can do this everyone!
  • Robin Ouch on the foot.
    MegNM sounds lovely.
    MelBe proud of the exercise.
    MeganI love the excuses quote.

Amazingly I navigated the soccer games and Cub Scout Banquet well this weekend. I wish I knew why sometimes I'm just fine and others...not so much. If I knew why I can do it once I could repeat it at will. have a great no excuses week.
  • I am stll below my goal weight. I can't take much credit for that, however it was soooooo hot here last week. On top of that I wasn't feeling well due to a flare up of an old problem. I just didn't feel like eating but did get in a lot of fluids and tried to get some protein in.
  • I'm copying over my plan post from last week's thread...

Plan for today:

B - Wholegrain light english muffin, 3 egg whites
    S - Fruit salad (strawberries, cherries, peaches, and apricots)
    L - Leftover noodle-free lasagna (zucchini and eggplant noodles, ground turkey breast, lowfat ricotta and mozzarella, tomato sauce)
    S - Popcorn
    S - Greek yogurt w/ strawberries
    D - Roast Beef (top round), Roast Potato Wedges in dijon, and roasted asparagus
    S - NSA Neopolitan.

E - 55 min elliptical, 55 min TB strength

I haven't been excited about a weeks menus in a long time...went to the farmer's market on Saturday and got entirely inspired. Local, organic, free-range eggs, the first peaches, zucchinis, and apricots, green garlic and young onions, plus amazing strawberries, the last of the asparagus, and my FAVORITE find...local, organic NOPALES! I'll be having chicken and nopales fajitas this week, and I can't wait.

Can't wait for summer, when I can homemake some mozzarella and serve it, still warm, with big heirloom tomato slices. I LOVE SPRING/SUMMER!
  • I feel that I absolutely need a No Excuses week. I have been working out at the gym again, it's my food that has been all over the place. I haven't stepped on the scale now in 2 weeks. I know that with quitting smoking that I have let my guard down and ate anything I wanted. I feel very fat and bloated. Today though reality has set in. I have a Dr.'s appt at 1PM and I won't be able to deny my increasing weight anymore once they have me step on the scale.

I'm gonna post here everyday and get myself turned back around with healthy eating and exercise.
  • OK - I am going to start with an attainable goal for me - 24 hrs on PLAN!

Food

B - Oatmeal 1/2 c + pbutter
    S - pear
    L - egg white/shrimp/cheese omelet
    S - snap peas
    D - Spinach/salmon/strawberry salad + coucous
    S- ??

Exercise

Elliptical = 40 min
    Renovation = 30 - 60 min
    Gardening = 1hr

My leg has been feeling much improved this past week and I am determined to remove the pds I put on while it had me immobilized,
    4+ months without cardio is not a pretty site on this chick...yeesh.

-S
  • Lily, for stepping up and deciding to get back on track. Quitting smoking is hard, and you're so great for doing it...now onward and upward. You'll be back to feeling like your old self in no time.
  • Thanks mandalinn.
  • This will be an interesting week, that is for sure. I have something going on each and every evening and some of those evenings it will mess up any chance of a good meal and those that aren't messed up will probably be dining out. So here is my week of evening meals planned:

Mon~omelet and toast and fruit if I can find any (oops, bad shopping this weekend) before concert
    Tues~smoothie before I head out to two different events that will keep me out from 5-10 PM
    Wed~dinner out before concert
    Thurs~dinner out before senior awards
    Fri~smoothie before meetings that are again from 5-10 PM
    Sat~event dinner (Tuscan chicken with Mediterranean vegetables and Caesar salad and cheesecake for dessert)
    Sun~dinner out at my favorite Southwestern restaurant--this will probably be the worst dinner of the week in regards to fat/calories!

Next week will be much easier! Both weeks, breakfast and lunch will be POP.
  • Last night I had a small eating mishap involving chocolate covered espresso beans and a slice of friendship bread. I defrosted the friendship bread for my SO to eat and somehow I ended up getting into it. Luckily, since it is for him and he would have noticed if the whole half-loaf had disappeared, I only ate the one slice. And I managed to stop after a handful of espresso beans. So it wasn't too bad in terms of damage and my calories were otherwise down for the day, but I had really been hoping to come in under plan and that didn't happen.

This week I have no off-plan meals scheduled, not even any Memorial Day festivities, so I should be POP all week.
  • All my eating events are over until the weekend, so here's planning for a good OP week.

B - 2 eggs, ww toast,
    S - ff yogurt with strawberries
    L - last of leftover teryaki (I can't spell it) beef, broccoli, 1/4 cup rice, tomato
    S - pear and 1 oz cheese
    D - shrimp, grilled zucchini and asparagus all over spinach with ff Asian dressing, and it looks like I have calories for a glass of white wine with it.