Its been 2 years now

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Some of you might remember me. I was here active a couple of years ago and I sort of disapeared.

I've been a success story and a failure and when things have gone bad, I've shut myself from people. I hope to not do that again.

In 2004 I lost around 170 pounds and was down to 283. (I'm a 6'4 guy). The weight came back, with a vengenence, and in September of 2007 I was up to 446 pounds.

Since then, I'm down to 364 pounds.

If you will forgive my flakyness and will have me back, I'd like to stick around.
  • Hi Matt, I don't think we've crossed paths before, but I'm glad to see you back! I flake on this community periodically and they always take me back, no questions asked, so I think you'll find people are thrilled to see you again. Congratulations on getting back down to 364! The great news is that you've done it once, so you know you can do it again.
  • Hi Caroline,

You are a fellow LJer! I'm there as well (username is anomie666) but weight loss is only a small part of what I talk about there. Thanks for welcoming me back!
  • Quote: Hi Caroline,

You are a fellow LJer! I'm there as well (username is anomie666) but weight loss is only a small part of what I talk about there. Thanks for welcoming me back!
    Indeed I am, though 'thistoo' is only my weight loss LJ. I have another, more general LJ that I use for regular life stuff (it used to be fandom stuff, but I'm mostly out of that now). So yes, LJers unite! Or something. I've been on there so long I don't think I remember how not to be.
  • Welcome back Matt. I haven't met you before. Congratulations on your current weight loss!
  • back Matt! I haven't met you but I look forward to getting to know you! Congrats on your weight loss thus far!
  • I remember you!!! Welcome back. Who is the cute baby in your profile pic?
  • Hi there! Back!

We haven't met before, but I look forward to seeing you around the forums now

Best of success to you!
  • Nice to meet you and welcome back!!! Glad you've returned.
  • MATT!!!

This is so strange, it was just a few days ago that I was thinking about you and I almost e-mailed you to see how you were but I imaged the e-mail addy I had was old!!!

I am so glad you are back!!!
  • Wow. welcome back. Congratulations on the loss. Keep it up.
  • Welcome back!
  • Welcome back Matt! Looking forward to your posts!
  • Welcome back! Please do stick around.
  • I remember you Matt ~ welcome back.