Insulite PCOS system

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hey ladies...I finally got my insulite pills. Today is day 3 and I already feel so much less depressed than before taking them. Maybe it is all in my head but even by the end of day 1 I felt so much better and wasn't stressing out over things I normally would be stressing over. I feel so much more relaxed w/o being tired.

Monday and Tuesday I had really bad headaches for a few hours even though I'm drinking a ton of water. Today only a slight headache for a few. I guess my body is adapting. No stomach upset at all and I'm even seeing a little difference on the scale. I was bad over the weekend and gained 2 lbs back, but they came off already in the past 2 days.
  • Have any of you ladies taking these pills noticed any difference in the thickness of your hair? My hair has been thinning this past year around the crown..I didn't worry too much as my hair was very thick already. It is starting to get a little too thin for my liking. Not anything completely noticeable but I know my hair and it's starting to scare me now. I'm only 25...I don't want to be bald by 30 lol.
  • Hi JerseyGirl - hair loss is one of the nastier symptoms of PCOS and is very common. You need to work on it right away if you can. Once hair follicles are dead it is virtually impossible to fix them. Getting your weight and hormones under control is very important but you should read up on this problem. It is caused when the DHT portion of testosterone attacks your hair follicles. Many women with PCOS have an elevated testosterone level BUT some women who have levels within "the norm" may have a heightened sensitivity to testosterone without testing for any high level of the hormone. There are a number of meds that you can try. I'm having very good luck with Flutamide. My hairloss goes back a ways so I have gotten alot of regrowth but not nearly what I had before - probably due to permanently damaged hair foillicles. The crazy shedding has stopped so thats been reassuring. This is a wonderful board but do yourself a favor and check out soulcysters.com. It is an amazing site dedicated solely to PCOS issues and you will find MUCH help and support there.

Good luck and (((((hugs))))) on the hairloss.
  • Thanks Witchy! I have a doctors appointment at the end of the month, so I will ask her then about meds. I have checked out soulcysters.com before. That site has helped me a lot.

My testosterone levels are in the norm, so when I had mentioned it to a gyno he had said that shedding was normal especially in summer months. I knew the difference between regular shedding and what I'm losing now. This is also the same doc who told me "just stay on the bcp to regulate your period..you don't have to address PCOS until you are ready to have a child." Needless to say, I never went back to him!
  • Eleanor it sounds like you are eating too few calories. If you dont eat enough calories during the day your body starts to hold on to the fat instead of burning it off. There are calorie counters out there that can tell you home calories you should eat per day to lose weight based on your current height and weight / BMI.
  • lindsey, the problem with these is they aren't cut and dry, every person is different and processes things differently. For example a woman with pcos is programmed to keep fat on her and store more and more, so she not only has to cut down carbs to help with the IR but also eat less cals to force her body to burn her own fat as energy. Those counters are a great baseline but rarely work for many people because they dont take health factors into account.
  • JeseyGirrl,

What about your Dhea levels? are those normal too? Are you on metformin?? Metformin can cause malabsorption of VitB-12 which can make your hair thin.

ETA: Just noticed that Jerseygirrl's posted back in 2008.. oops
  • What happened to the ladies from 2008 that were testing the insulite were they successful???
  • hi Michelle , i wanted to see if you could email me
    i just got this system as well , i currently live in germany and pcos is not very common here so i really feel lost. ok this site didnt let me add my email address... but is my first name marisol and you add beas and 79 in g mail , hopefully you can read this code...lol
  • this is for michelle
    hi Michelle , i wanted to see if you could email me
    i just got this system as well , i currently live in germany and pcos is not very common here so i really feel lost. ok this site didnt let me add my email address... but is my first name marisol and you add beas and 79 in g mail , hopefully you can read this code...lol
  • Hello everyone I ordered insulite for 3 months. The first day I took it I felt so bad, and I had horrible diarrhea. I stopped taking the pills for one day, and then started again. I got the same symptoms again. I don't know what is going on Im so upset about this. If anybody had the same problem please let me know. Thanks
  • Just got the System
    I just got the system and I am on the third day..... I have not had a period on my own for 2 years and I was on proestrogen. I did some reasearch on the proestrogen and heard it is not healthy to keep taking the pills. I went to several doctors each one telling me I cant not get pregnant and that there is no cure for PCOS. I just got upset about it and gave up. I was looking online and found the Insulite labortories and got a my first month worth and am currently on the third day..looking forward to see some changes. If any one can give me houghts of what to expect that would be great! I will keep you upated.
  • updates
    HI Ladies,

I was wondering if you could give us some updates on it? I've been thinking about ordering it.
  • I just ordered the system and they are set to get here on the 14th. I can't wait!! I know the pills aren't a fix all and know I will have to put in the work. My hope is that it will bring me to a normal level to start with so I don't have to work harder than a normal person. I will be posting all about it on my blog if you would like to follow. imnochef.net
  • Just wanted to update this thread... I had stopped taking the Insulite pills because, well frankly at that time I just didn't stick with it. It was purely my fault. BUT I am having AMAZING success with saw palmetto! I take 600-1200mg per day, currently using the NOW Foods version. My waistline is significantly smaller after only 2 weeks and my acne is almost GONE! My current regimen is this (with Saw Palmetto being the star):
    1. Now Foods Saw Palmetto: 1-4 capsules per day spread out (320mg each capsule) http://amzn.com/B001B7LYAQ
    2. Nature's Bounty Cinnamon w/ Cromium: 2-4 per day with meals http://amzn.com/B0029SBR8K
    3. Female Balance: 1 per day http://amzn.com/B0019LWTVM