Maintainers Chat: May 12 - 18

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Morning. Another nice day here, but chilly, and not quite as sunny as yesterday. Still, it's more springlike than we've been having!

Went to a "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" event for church last night. Some people signed up to host the dinners, and the rest of us signed up to go. The idea is to visit with church members you don't know well - which it did. The guests brought the side dishes, and I had dessert so I took an angel food cake, cut up fresh strawberries, and whipped cream. Well, it was basically the only healthy thing on the menu! Gads. Halibut casserole with sour cream, etc. in the sauch, green bean casserole a la Thanksgiving, and a "salad" that was pasta with cut up veggies (at least no mayo) and bread with cheese in the middle. What a total landmine! I took small portions, but still way too many calories. I'm chalking it up to "I did the best I could" and am back to my normal eating this morning, maybe even a little lighter. It was a fun evening though.

Today is basically no plans except to get ready for the week. It's going to be a busy/stress-filled one at work, and I'm planning as much self-care into it as I can. I wish I could save back some good sleep and take it out when I need it....

Rabbit - doing one more right thing sounds like a good plan to me. You can certainly reverse the trend and take off 2 lbs in 3 months instead of gaining them! Glad you and your DD had a good break.

Time to get the cats back in the house and get ready for church. Happy Sunday!
  • Bargoo,
    I totally agree. I choose to have things I might not be able to control when I'm away from my home because I can keep it very controlled in that specific location. I must admit though that the waitress joked us about the plate looking as if it was as close to licked clean as it could be (and it was . My husband, meaning to be nice, said I could just buy a cheesecake at Sam's and have it at home rather than going to a restaurant. After a discussion about the 16 piece cheesecake and where it would be located on my anatomy (on my tail and hips) if I were to purchase a whole one and bring it home, we decided indulging at a restaurant was a safer choice for both of us.
  • FIRST of all I want to apologize to any person that I may have said something to that offended them about their eating. I really don't mean here either....Since I am a male I am going to say stupid things....I think all you ladies will agree to that ...and second of all....for the majority of my life I was a thin person...6 ft. tall 155-165...it wasn't until I pushed 50 that I weighed over 170 pounds. I ate anything and everything I wanted....anytime and anywhere....I had NO IDEA what you ladies go through! After being here for so long AND now having weight issues myself, I am starting to understand.

I want to also say that some of the things men....and thin people say... are not meant to be hurtful....we just don't look at it the same way that people do that are overweight or on diets....the things that we here at 3FC struggle with...never enter the minds of some people...I think some things are said out of curiosity...or...even just to make general conversation.

The reason I bring this up is that I know I have said some of those things...and I never intended for them to hurt someone.

Confession over....
  • RABBIT...hang in there dear!

PAT lol...you outta come to our Lutheran potlucks....fried chicken ~ pizza ~ potato and macaroni salads ~ salads full of meat! ~ casseroles galore ~

it's the only time I get good food...Angie would never cook like that....hahahahaha.............kidding!
  • Gary, what is it about Lutherans??? As someone said to me today - "it's all about the food!" So we're having a pastoral candidate to visit next weekend. So far we have 2 open houses and a potluck (which will look a lot like yours!) scheduled! And, oh yeah, she'll be preaching on Sunday morning.