What's for dinner? 5/5 - 5/11

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Tonight we're having leftover lasagna, regular one for Jake and a veggie one for me made with portobello mushrooms as the noodle layer. We'll have a big salad with it, and probably sf jello with ff Cool Whip for dessert.
  • sounds great cottage!

we are having turkey burgers with edamame salad.
  • Capri Chicken, broccolini, and a green salad. I made beachgal's chocolate cake w/ peanut butter frosting for dessert this week. SO EXCITED!

btw, Cottage, I think it's a good idea to make this weekly thread. Thanks!
  • dinner for us will be baked or grilled fish and a stir fry of mix veggies
  • DH wants shrimp Alfredo... so I'm trying to figure out a way to make it SB friendly.

I'm going to use ww pasta, and I'm thinking of using LCLC garlic & herb and skim milk, with a little parm. Toss in some broccoli or asparagus, and dinner is served.

I don't know about using the LCLC though, I've never tried to melt it - does anyone know if it would work? Or any other suggestions?
  • Mare - There's actually a good recipe in the Misc. Phase 1 section. And it does exactly what you're talking about. You melt the LCLC w/ milk and such. Check it out!
  • Here's the link for the Alfredo Sauce recipe -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72788

We love it and make it often. I normally add mushrooms to it and sometimes I add sundried tomatoes, too. We like it with either chicken or shrimp, and serve it over spagetti squash.
  • Mare - my favorite low fat alfredo sauce

chicken broth
    minced garlic
    minced onion
    Simmer the above ingredients for about 5-10 min)
    Add the following - adjust the parmesan cheese until you get your preferred consistency
    parsley
    ff plain yogurt or ff sour cream
    parmesan cheese...

Tastes as good as the real thing to me

Enjoy!

Dinner tonight - We have a baseball game so it has to be fast - Turkey burgers on the grill and fruit for DH, DS, DD - Veggie burger over spinach and peppers w/ feta for me.
  • Thanks! I never thought about serving it over spaghetti squash. I've got so much of the stuff in my freezer... just defrost it, and let it drain... YUMMY.

All the recipes for Alfredo look really great! I'm going to have to try them all. I've got everything I need for the LCLC one, so that's what I'm going to do tonight - I really don't want to go to the store for 1 or 2 things...
  • Dinner tonight will be falafel on ww pita bread, broccoli, cucumber salad and sweet potato fries for dh and ds.
  • Marinated steak with Balsamic and garlic and warmed spinach salad for me and pasta salad for DH
  • Leftover grilled marinated chicken breasts from yesterday, tossed salad, some zucchini and tomatoes.
  • We're having Enchilada Chicken with sauteed bell peppers and salad. DH will have a WW Tortilla with his.
  • meatloaf (use oatmeal ground fine as the binder)
    salad
    roasted cauliflower
    sweet potato or quiona
  • I think I may be doing one of the P1 SBD frozen meals. DH is working.. And I'm going to be getting some stuff done, once I finish my snack...LOL... Cottage cheese with cin. and Splenda and veggies!!! With the meal I'll have some more veggies. Nothing great.. But its ok...