Get Movin' Monday!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good Morning!
    A beautiful sunny day is shaping up for this Cinco de Mayo! I'm off to Curves, then I have to whip this house back in shape and pay some bills. I never did get my gardening done yesterday, (went shopping instead!), so I'll spend some time out in the yard before it's time to pick up the girls. Supper will be leftover lasagna, I made myself a veggie one using portobello mushrooms in place of the noodle layers. It turned out really good, even better than the real thing, IMHO.
    So what's happening on your part of the Beach today?
  • good morning Cottage... it is a nice day. a bit chilly still.

have a great day. enjoy curves.

i'm off today. i'm going to do laundry, pick up some groceries, hopefully weed-whack the backyard, get the dogs sometime today and there is a yoga class at 6 i am going to try...
  • good morning cottage and everyone else. Just a quick stop to say Hi. Another busy day today. DS1 has a cinco de mayo performance tonight and gotta look for the pants he needs to wear. Dh is on meds....YAY! He is a total different person.Makes life so much easier around here. Just started TOM last night and I'm cramping up pretty bad yesterday and now. Aaaahhhh. It hurts. I haven't had cramps this bad in a long time. Not used to the intensity.

EVeryone---hope you have a wonderful cinco de mayo.
  • Posting at the same time, good morning nessa
  • Good Morning everyone!

Cottage: that lasagna sounds wonderful! Hope you get some gardening time today!

Nessa: Have a great day getting all of those chores done!

tk: hope you are feeling better soon.

Me: big adventure yesterday. My friend and husband and I went out Sat. night and had a great time sitting on the river at a restaurant out on the deck talking and watching boats come in and out for a poker run and our friend invited me out for another trip out in the swamp on the other side from where we went last time to an area that is more swampy than prairie. To get to where we were going, we had to go down a canal for a few miles. A few minutes down the canal, the engine died, but he got it going and again and we got a couple of miles at least down the canal...then it died again. So we decided just to let it "rest" and floated around for about an hour or so while I got some pictures. (I'm trying to get a good shot for a book cover) A little alligator decided to make friends and stayed pretty near the boat and it was really magical out there with the birds making all kinds of weird noises. Tried the engine again later and no go. He finally decided the battary was dead. So we had to paddle all the way back...with one paddle. It was brutally hot (and it hasn't even really gotten hot yet!) I was pouring sweat and I had jeans on that were soaked and all stretched out. But, it was a lot of fun and a really great adventure!!
  • cat-sounds like an adventure. It's pretty hot here too and it's not even the summer yet. I hate it.
  • Nessa, enjoy your day off, you lucky girl!

tkglenn, I'm so glad your DH is back on meds, it will make life so much happier for everyone in your family. Too bad for the cramps, take some Advil and feel better soon!

Cat, I so much enjoy looking at your lovely pictures! That was quite an adventure you had yesterday, I'm glad you made it back safely!
  • good morning! wow you ladies are up early! it is not even 6 here. i am a little worn out -- the baby actually only woke once last night. it was my two year old who was up twice! i weigh for my first week this morning -- i just haven't made it to the scale yet!

i have lunch out with a friend today and plan to walk with the baby.

i hope everyone here is having a wonderful monday!!
  • Quote: Posting at the same time, good morning nessa

and a good morning to you.... my DH is much better when on meds too...

better living through chemistry!
  • Cat, great shots! glad you had an adventure

Natalie's mom enjoy lunch!
  • Dashing through with a and a big . I was awake in the night a lot and then slept until 7:15! I have a busy week ahead but will catch up later.
  • Good Morning Ladies!!

tryin to get up and in gear this morning to get to work relatively early this morning!! too much drama going on at work...if people would just act their age, everything would work out!

Cat....I was at Friends (and I'm guessing that's where you were by your description??) Saturday for several hours watching the boats!! Then went down to the mouth of the river/boat launch to watch them.....

Have a good one girls!! I've also planned ahead, but I'll still be going off plan for at least one beer or margarita tonight!!
  • Quote: Cat....I was at Friends (and I'm guessing that's where you were by your description??) Saturday for several hours watching the boats!!
    Ah, Mandy...I'll bet we were there at the same time!! We were sitting outside under the upper deck. We got there about 2 or 3 and stayed till about 9. Right when it was getting dark after all the poker run boats were gone, a boat under the bridge caught fire...I have some shots of it in the pictures I took.
  • Good morning chicks. I'm still alive here. DD did a beautiful job at her piano recital yesterday, not a single mistake! I got some grocery shopping and cooking done and got my food back on track. After a busy weekend, the week is off to a busy start too. I'll be spending all day getting ready for my meeting tomorrow. Then I'll need to go with DD to dance class tonight for "mom and me" and swing by the store to pick up refreshments for tomorrow (of course they will be healthy, the guys can just deal). Tomorrow I'll be out of the house early and gone all day. Wednesday is mental health day! I'm trying to get together a lunch date with a friend and I want to go clothes shopping. Last week I was briefing a room full of men (as usual), mostly USMC and Army officers and I was worried the whole time my pants would fall down. It's definitely time to upgrade the wardrobe. I think I need some presents and I haven't had a reward in a while. I can't wait for hump day! Hope you all have a great Monday!
  • ¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo, las chiquitas gorditas!

Cottage, I didn't get to my garden either yesterday. DH assured me we'll do it next weekend...but we also have a lot of cleaning to do in the house, so we'll see... Are you eligible to sign up for that Curves/Avon study thingy?

Nessa, I looooove yoga. Hope you enjoy your class!

TK, I'm so glad things are better with DH!

What an adventure, Cat! I don't envy you the workout, but I'm glad you got such great pictures! What an amazing place you live in! So scary about the burning boat--what did they do about it? Looked like it was pretty close to the bridge, so that's kinda scary! Loved the last shot in that album--reminded me of the Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland--which is as close to Louisiana as I've come!

Natalie'sMom, congrats on a better night of baby sleep--now if the 2yo would learn to sleep through the night... Enjoy the walk and on the weigh-in!

Ruth, I'm sorry you had a bad night of sleep! That puts me off all day.

Hi, Mandyleigh!

Schmoo, have I ever told you that I adore your tiger avatar? It is just so darn cute! The "I eat" picture is what I look like when I see a cupcake... What does the "Mommy and Me" dance class involve? It sounds like SO much fun! I hear you on the shopping--I used a lot of curved quilting safety pins to hold up my pants when I was losing a lot...I was always afraid they'd pop open and my pants would be down around my ankles! Enjoy!

Me:
    I woke up early this morning to visit the ladies' and was SO dizzy! I think I ran into a wall or two... I figured going back to bed would cure it. When I woke up, even though it was better, I was still pretty dizzy (still am). No idea why!

Feels like I didn't do much this weekend, but I did get some sleep, hung out with the neighbors (after going to my neighbor's granddaughter's first communion...it was so sweet!), relaxed with DH and the dog (we watched the second episode of BBCAmerica's Robin Hood...SUCH a good show...), and did the grocery shopping. Oh, and finally figured out how to get my system to burn to a CD. iTunes just wasn't doing it!

Unfortunately, I didn't realize how dire my clothing situation had gotten--I'm out of workout shorts/pants! So, I'm going to take an extra long walk with the dog after work instead of hitting the gym, and then I'm doing laundry tonight!

Have a great day! For those of you on P1 or not yet drinking alcohol on P2, try having lime-flavored diet soda, or get a wedge of lime in your diet soda at a restaurant. It really makes you feel a part of the Mexican celebration!