How much did you lose on phase 1?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Starting this on monday so im just curious
  • The book says 8-13 -- the first time I did it I lost 11. I am in Ph1 now so I'll let you know once I finish!
  • I lost 8#.
  • Lost 12# the first time. 8# the second time (after regaining it all back).
  • I think it was 8. I was pleasantly surprised as I'd already been eating WW Core for awhile.
  • I lost 5lbs the first week of P1, and no pounds the second week. But I was happy with five!!!!
  • I lost 7.5lbs the first week and 2.6 the 2nd week.
  • So far I've lost 4 pounds. It's only my first week and the weeks not over yet
  • A lot depends on how you have been eating and whether you have a lot of water weight to lose. When I first did phase 1, I was on a diuretic and so I didn't have water to lose. I lost 4 pounds.
  • I lost 6lbs so far. I weigh in on Monday... I'll have a full count by then as that'll be day1 of P2.. I'm excited!!!
    But I agree with Barb.. it all depends on each person.
  • I think I lost about 10ish!

It does depend on how much you have to lose! The more you have to lose the more comes off
  • many folks lose about 10% of what they have to lose so if you have to lose 100 pounds ten is about right.

those that have to lose less lose less
    those that have been eating fairly well lose less too

most of the weight lost in phase 1 is water weight....

and truthfully P1 is not about the weight loss but more about evening out the blood sugar. focus more on feeling better and eating proper types of foods than the loss.... i don't want you to be disappointed like i've seen so many when they only lose 4-6 pounds which over a 2 week period is great!
  • Nessa: you're completely right! I have felt so much better than before. I feel a bit more energetic, a lot less sluggish..
    And you're also right, 4-6lbs or more in 2 weeks is great!! Once P2 hits it'll be 1-2lbs a week and that's more healthy of a weight loss.. its nice to lose a bunch of weight right away, but it needs to come off slowly or else it will come right on back
  • Phase 1 leaves me feeling very tired. I get a headache from phase 1 as well. This January, the most recent phase 1 experience, my headache lasted 3-4 days. The second week of phase 1 has always been better for me. Phase 2 is when I start to feel better and have more energy.
    I do think phase 1 is important. It puts a halt to the carb craving monster!
  • I lost 8 last summer when I did Phase 1 for the first time. I've eaten pretty clean since then... just not very strict. Recently, I could feel the crazy cravings starting and I was slipping into not so good eating habits. Ok.. maybe "not so good" is too gentle...

Anyway, tomorrow will be the start of Phase 1, week 2 for me and I've already lost 6 pounds.

Feeling great and more determined than ever! (Having a Key West wedding to attend in June is helping as well!) hahahaha