I am ashamed to admit this

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Thanks so much everyone for all the support. Today marks 1 full week without a single, solitary puff of smoke. I am very happy. I don't want to feel too confident, but I also don't want to feel like I can't do this. Cause, I am doing this. I will do this. There is no other option.

gail, Yes, my shame was horrible because I had quit for so long and then picked back up the habit. This time, I truly do know that I can't "occasionally smoke" and keep from being full-fledged addicted.

bargoo, when I first started back smoking, I thought I'd choke to death. It was more like a challenge to see if I could smoke. Bad idea, I found that after a few coughing fits that I could smoke just fine. (and be totally addicted again). I guess it's like a former alcoholic when they give in and start drinking again. They probably then have a constant desire for alcohol again.
  • Congrats on a whole week! That's fantastic.
  • That is a great achievement!
    I would think the first week would be the worst. Hopefully your cravings will keep subsiding.
  • Good girl! Keep it up.
  • Just posting to let everyone know I am still 100% smoke-free. I am tremendously thankful for the support that I have received. 8 days now. Yippee.
  • You are doing so well. Congratulations.
  • Thanks so much . Today starts Day 10! Yippee. I noticed now that the smokers in my life are very reluctant to light up around me. Good.
  • Day 10? Great going kiddo!!!

And may I ask, how are you feeling? Has the cough subsided?
  • W00T!!!!!!!!You go, girl!!!!!Keep it up!!!!!!Don't let your guard down!!!!!!!
  • You rock, chicky!
  • Today is Day 11 .

Oh robin , yes the cough is practically completely gone now. Physically I am feeling better now. Sleeping much better too. Still have some cravings but think about it less and less now.
  • Yay, Lily!! You're awesome!!
  • Meg, thanks. Today is Day 12 and 100% smoke-free. I'm gonna hit the gym again today, excercise seems to help some with the stress of quitting smoking. It sure feels great to not be coughing .
  • It must feel really great to have 12 days now

• You are doing amazing! Keep it up!

I quit smoking nearly four years ago, so I know how difficult it is. I still feel the need to have something in my hands when I'm stressed, so I've taken up crocheting. I definitely don't miss the coughing and the breathing problems!

I love your motto and how you are looking at this challenge. You are an inspiration in so many ways!