Intro and Hi!

• Hi!
    I am new to 3fc. Just wanted to intro myself.
    I am married with 3 kiddos, who alternately give me endless things to laugh about then make me want to run away. Yesterday "mommy" was repeated incessantly.
    I have gained weight over the past 5-6 years, with each pregnancy I kept a bit more. After my 2nd babe, I lost almost all that I had gained with 1st 2 pg, but gained it back when I quit "trying" (returned to old, poor eating habits).
    DH has had a recent diagnosis of high bp, so he is walking and making better food choices. My youngest has weaned from bf, so I decided to start with the MF again. (FWIW, I lost wt after 2nd pg with South Beach, not MF).
    I have 75ish pounds to lose. I look forward to support, recipes, and finding out how to make a ticker!
  • Hi! I just started on this site a few days ago, too, and I'm already addicted! I also am mommy2amonkey who makes me crazy!

I went to tickerfactory.com to get a ticker, but I noticed on this site when you go to UserCP on the blue bar, it doesn't let new users add a signature line for 30 days for SPAM reasons or something. But if we keep coming and posting, soon we can have a ticker. heheh You can make yourself a ticker now, though. I did one and put it on my igoogle page, which is a customized google page. tickerfactory walks you through it. FUN!

Have a great day!
  • Hi m23m, and Welcome!!! Feel free to jump in on our daily thread, that's where we do most of our chatting...you will find lots of friends and tons of support here!!
  • Hi, m23m, and welcome! I've been on & off of 3FC for a year and am presently trying to be on again, again.

My story sounds similar to yours...I had 12 lbs to lose after DS (#1-age 12) was born in '96 but it never happened. Rather, I gained weight over the years.

I was 196 when I conceived DD (#2-age 4), and only gained 8 lbs, all of which I loss plus some, after she was born. Then it crept back up and hung there for a while. But since moving here in 2005, I've gained a bit. I'm presently hanging in the 200-202 lbs range, and also have about 75 lbs or so to go to get to my dream weight. However, I'm 34, and will be happy if I can get to 130-135, which is what I ran for most of college anyway.

There's a lot of great support and information here...Oh, btw...what is MF? I'm terrible at acronyms, lol.

Enjoy!