What's Ideal?

• Are there a certain number or superfoods per day that one should strive for?

I'm just curious, because I am still very much into whole/superfoods and try to incorporate as much as possible in my WW program. If I can change it up a bit for more health benefits, I'd gladly do so
  • I think it's a personal thing! My goal is 10 super food groups a day - but I realize that it is a rather lofty goal, and I don't feel bad if I occasionally don't make it. It's also important to realize that super foods are GOOD but they are not the only really good, nutritionally powerful foods out there - they are just ONE author's suggestions. For example: bananas, mangos, red peppers and mushrooms aren't considered "super foods" but they are still good and worthy foods.

I guess, to me, it's more important to concentrate on eating WHOLE foods rather than just super foods. Even then, I realize that I'm not willing to change my lifestyle enough to do stuff like bake my own bread - I still eat a lot of "convenience" processed foods (whole wheat tortillas, yogurt, jarred salsa, Kashi waffles) I just read labels, try to avoid as much artificial chemicals/sweeteners as I can and do the best I can!
  • Thanks Glory! I am kind of in the same mind set. Looking for more "whole" foods and not so much processed, artificial foods.

So for today I have:

Smoothie - made with 1 frozen banana, flax seed, blueberries, blackberries, FAGE yoghurt, carrot juice, 1 tsp almond butter

100ml (sm. glass) kefir

spinach and Egg Salad w/brown rice - approx 100g spinach, 1 HB egg, 2 HB egg whites, 1 tomato, 2 pepperonccinis, 100g brown rice, balsamic vinegar, Hellman's dijonnaise, approx 50 gr courgette.

cottage cheese w/1 tbsp salsa, 3 Cracottes (crackers)

several celery sticks, 2 triangles laughing cow light

2 kiwis

Do you think this looks ok? Is there anything I can improve?
  • No dinner yet, right? Looks good to me! Maybe a little more whole grains and protein? I only see brown rice and egg (and almond butter, which has protein, but I generally consider it a healthy fat). I'm also a HUGE fan of the healthy properties of tomatoes (and papaya, pink grapefruit and watermelon) maybe you had something tomato-y for dinner?

You are so cute and euro sounding! Courgettes! No capsiums??
  • Nope no dinner yet!

Oops! I normally try to write out zucchini on here! Must have slipped that time!! No capsicums today

We were going to have mie with mixed veg and turkey for dinner. I'm a little low on points today. I can have brown rice but don't want to go off of it (we had it last night, that's why I used the leftovers today).

I'll go over the list of superfoods again and stick a few things on my shopping list for today

Thanks Glory!!!