Here is a question for ya

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok I bought this amazing creme pants on sale for my brothers wedding but I bought them three weeks ago.

I tried them on with the shoes I got. (I am going to brag now: They are chocolate brown coach shoes and are AWESOME) but the pants are ALMOST too big - they fit perfectly but any more weight-loss and they will be too big.

I called lane bryant and they are out of the 16 and can't order them.

The pants make my whole outfit and the wedding is in a week so it's not like I can try them on the night before and get them tailored - I also cannot wear a belt because they don't have belt holes.

Do I maintain my weight for a week?

Any ideas?
  • My advice, go to a tailor and demand that they get done, and if one tailor can't do it then go to another one. Someone will be willing to do it within the week if you offer to pay extra for the rush. I've had someone tailor a dress in the same day that I had an event.
  • In my case I go down a size after losing about 15 pounds. I don't know if that is the same for you., but I don't think that a week will make much difference in how they fit. If you think they are too loose , go to a tailor and have them altered.If they fit perfectly now leave them alone.
  • To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it too much, not unless they're way too loose right now. Like bargoo said, lthough you'll probably be able to tell the difference, one week's loss wouldn't really show a crazy amount in your clothing.

If you feel more comfortable maybe you could have a back up outfit in mind? Something that would match you fabulous shoes, obviously
  • Just one week? Naw... don't worry about it. Most likely a pound or two won't show too much of a difference right now. Keep on doing what you're doing. I'm sure the pants will look fabulous!
  • I shoulda known the answer to my question LOL. I guess being the sister of the groom has put some pressure on me to look good...GOD weddings are stressful.
  • Tell us more about your outfit.....especially the shoes.
  • i wanna see the shoes lol

and the outfit you're gonna wear lol
    if you share i'll have my hubby snap a pic of me dressed up for a MK meeting tomorrow
  • Quote: I guess being the sister of the groom has put some pressure on me to look good...GOD weddings are stressful.
    Yes they are. Yesterday my sister got married and I was a bridesmaid. It seemed everything had to be perfect. I got my hair and makeup done and had a mani/pedi. The wedding ended up being gorgeous though. She got married on a large pond in the middle of the mountains on a little penninsula that jutted out into the middle of the pond. I am sure you will look GREAT in those pants in your brother's wedding.
  • http://stores.channeladvisor.com/one...itemid=2284786

The shoes!

http://www.coach.com/content/product...ategory_id=621

The bag!

Picture will come after the wedding. I promise. Plus - that way I can sneak pictures of the boy in too!
  • LOVE YOUR SHOES!!! My weaknesses are shoes and sunglasses..lol I don't think that one or two pounds would THAT noticeable. Go strut your stuff in your coach accessories!
  • Oh honey! Sunglasses are me too. I have this VERY cute pair from Ralph Lauren that I love...however, I can never loose them because they are prescription and cost more than my life.

I allow myself one coach purse a year and thought this was the perfect "excuse" to buy one.

However, I am not one of those girls who wear a lot of pink and make up. Usual days in the summer I am fly fishing and smell like camp fire - but I do have this secret girly side that loves coach.
  • ME TOO!! On the whole secret girly side. lol I am usually doing the sports thing and getting dirty in the softball sand or vball sand and smelling all nasty, but there is this side that when I get in a dress and some F*ck me shoes I'm ALL girly. Seriously there is a bowl by my door with my sunglasses in it and I'm like hmm which ones today!? I have this pair of sunglasses that are SJP Bitten from Steve and Barry's that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
    My favorite purse is my Louis since I had to save up for like months before I could get it. haha best purse I have.. lol.
  • Love the shoes! I am a big fan of slingbacks. Since I am short I can't wear any of those shoes with a strap around the ankle because they shorten your leg, so slickbacks are the way to go. I just love shoes. It really is an addiction sometimes. In fact I bought 5 new pairs of shoes in the past few days.
  • The shoes I own:

Sneakers
    Hiking
    Fishing shoes (they go with waders)
    1 pair flip flops
    I pair work shoes (black sneakers)
    1 pair black steve madden dress shoes
    1 pair COACH shoes

That is it. I am not even joking.

I will usually buy another pair of flip flops during the summer because I will wear the ones I have out.