TBL "Just Beachy" - Blue Team Chat

You're on Page 8 of 68
Go to
  • Quote: I'm really struggling with getting consistent exercise in. It's kind of eluding me. Saturday I had about an hour of running around after a soccer ball with DH, which was fun, and yesterday we went for a nice long walk before the rain started, but I don't forsee any exercise for me this week... Maybe I'm just finding excuses but ALL of my evenings are busy busy this week! And getting up even earlier sounds about as appealing as a shot in the foot. Grumble grumble... this is an area I know I need to work on... Anybody have any wisdom to share?
    Sometimes I make a rule that if I want to watch a TV show, I have to be moving while I'm doing it. Just marching, grape-vining, kicking, and punching while watching a TV show can add up to calories that you otherwise wouldn't burn.
  • I only have 1 request regarding menu posting ... if you put up something interesting you have to provide the recipe if someone asks about it. I love trying new things, but can never come up with them on my own.
  • Monday is my WI day and I am down 2lbs! YIPPEE!!! The scale has been stuck for a while, so I am VERY happy!

I am also a big dork....I wore a blue shirt to work today.
  • Quote: Monday is my WI day and I am down 2lbs! YIPPEE!!! The scale has been stuck for a while, so I am VERY happy!

I am also a big dork....I wore a blue shirt to work today.
    Awesome! Congratulations! And way to show team spirit!
  • Quote: I think that would be GREAT, I'd be thrilled to see what other people are eating. I think there are at least a couple of other vegetarians/vegans on the thread! I'm a vegetarian who just transitioned to vegan a couple of days ago, so I like looking at people's food and getting new ideas!
    We are not strict vegetarians, but we only eat local meat, which is freakin' expensive, so we don't do it too often. However, today we are.

Oatmeal with blueberries, egg, whole wheat toast, coffee with skim

Cheese stick; apple slices

Leftover orzo salad with leftover palak paneer

BBQ chicken breast sandwiches, asparagus,

Pumpkin pie, no whipped
  • Hi !
    This is an awesome team, I´m really glad to be part of it !

I´m Carol, 28 and this is my first challenge, I´m really looking forward to it. I´m brazilian but am currently living in Madrid, Spain.
    My plan is to try to stay around 1200 kcal/day, exercizing 5x week. I´m about to start a half-marathon training, the goal is to run the Rio de Janeiro International Half-Marathon, in October. You guys help me just by being here !
  • jillybean_ i want the recipe for the chicken..would it work with a pork loin as well??
    Wow this team is really on top of things. Lots of posting since i checked in yesterday!!
    I had a great breakfast...1/3 cup of egg beater / onion /bell peppers and 1/8 cup of fat free cheese and 1 peice of ww toast 150 calories and will stay with me till lunch

I am so excited to be part of this team.......i need to go buy a blue shirt.I dont own one now...
    have a great day everyone
    debi
  • Good morning, all!

* What do you prefer to be called?

I was gonna say Ti, but with Tee (onthetee) it could get confusing, so Daffy is just fine!

* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan?

Essentially, I count calories, try to eat as balanced as I can and exercise every day.

* How can we help you acheive your goals?

Keep me accountable for exercise, particularly outside...I work from home and can get into a rut of not going outside for several days, which is itself a bit of a contradiction (see bio below)

* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning?

Inspiration is always good. So far, just being accountable via one of these challenges has kept me engaged in the losing process. I'll shout out if I need more...

My Bio:

40-something, closing in on 50, Canadian. Post-menopause, so I don't have to deal with those cyclic weight issues, but I do have to deal with sleep disruption. Very happily married to a great woman (DSp - 'dear spouse' - is how you'll see me refer to her), one adult daughter out on her own, one resident canine (he's off to the left, there).

I've been battling 'the bulge' since my mother first encouraged me to 'lose a few pounds' before my first date with a guy I really liked at the time. I was 16, 5'4" and about 120 lbs...what was she thinking??? I'm a starchy carb addict (and I do use that term in it's truest sense), so I eat them very moderately, and do my best to avoid the white/refined kinds. I'm also struggling to get control of my scale habit. I used to be fine with once a week, but lately, have been weighing nearly daily which for me is just silly.

I work primarily from home. We're closing in on retirement, so we head off to the cottage every three weeks or so, but after my weigh-in day, so no worries there. When we're there, I am very outdoorsy: you can barely keep me indoors no matter the weather. When we're in the city, tho', I can become house-bound for days on end, and that is not a good thing for me, since I'm susceptible to depression & SAD.

My fav leisure activities include home renovations (planning, research, sourcing materials and actually doing them - we're fairly handy) reading (I'm seeking new authors in the John Grisham/Patricia Cornwell/Kathy Reichs style, so all input greatly appreciated), traipsing through the woods, kayaking (lake/rivers, not whitewater), snowshoeing, and cycling, to name a few.

Finally, I am a fan of Daffy Duck. I firmly believe that he has not received equal treatment/exposure, and I trumpet his cause when I can.
  • What do you prefer to be called? Lisa is my name. Missingmyerica stands for missing my daughter Erica, who is in the NAVY and stationed in Cuba. So, I like to be called Lisa.

We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? Plan? What plan? I don't have any specific plan I follow. I just try to feed my body the best foods to help it run the most efficiently. I don't eat sugar (at all), I rarely eat bread or any other "white" food, I don't eat processed or refined foods, I DO eat lot's of veggies, fruits, lean meats (mostly chicken), beans, whole grains, nuts and seeds. My absolute favorite thing to eat that keeps me on plan is the amazing sweet potato! You will never see me leave the house without one in my purse. I eat them cold like apples and they are the key to my weight loss because they are the perfect snack to keep me satisfied. I'm thinking of becoming the spokesperson for the U.S. sweet potato growers association or maybe becoming "miss sweet potato"

Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? No requests, but I definitely enjoy inspiration and would love some each morning.
  • Is today weigh in day or next Monday? I'm very confused and it's only the first day!
  • Quote: jillybean_ i want the recipe for the chicken..would it work with a pork loin as well??
    It should work with your meat of preference. It's just 1 can diet cola (I used diet Pepsi) to 1 cup ketchup (I used One Carb Ketchup for no added sugar). You can cook it on the stove, but I'm lazy, so I threw mine in the crockpot I haven't tried it yet, but others have commented that it tastes like barbecue. I've also read other comments to either increase the amount of ketchup or decrease the amount of soda for a thicker sauce in the crockpot, but I'm okay with mine a little runny because I think I'll end up consuming less sauce if it's runny but still have the flavor for the chicken.

suite, I about cracked up reading about the "offending piece of ham" I think you've inspired my next band on Rock Band to be called Offending Ham. Sounds nice and alternative
  • Whew! I had some catching up to do this morning!

I posted my weight yesterday since Sundays are my current weigh-in day. I'm already down 3 lbs from my start weight! I guess it helped that my start weight was from a very bloated PMS-y day.

Today is my rest day since I did my long run yesterday, but I'm still going to try to get in my sit-ups. I really really detest sit-ups, but I really need more ab strength to help with my form when I run so I'm going to force myself to do it.

Tonight we're going to my in-laws for DH's birthday dinner and we'll be having ribs. I can pretty much guarantee that there won't be any veggies in sight so I'm going to munch on some raw veggies this afternoon to make up for it.

I hope everyone has a fantastic and healthy day!
  • Hello everyone. Well, I guess I will introduce myself. My name is Tawnya and I am 29 years old (wow, I had to think about that one, kind of lost track of my age). I have 4 beautiful children that give me a run for my money. I have been married for going on 7 years in May. I have 3 boxers (which one is still a puppy and we're now having pooping problems with him). I am a SAHM but I do work out of my home making and decorating cakes. I love it. My husband went to Iraq and came back with PTSD which has been really hard on me and a contribution to my weight gain and difficulty losing. I guess that's why I want to be the biggest loser. I want to be able to be able overcome my emotional eating habits. My goal is to get down to about 165 but I would really really love it if I could hit 145. My husband doesn't like skinny chicks but if that's gonna make me feel good about myself, that's what my real goal is.

Go Blue Team. I know we all can do this together.
  • Quote: My husband doesn't like skinny chicks but if that's gonna make me feel good about myself, that's what my real goal is.
    This sounds like my husband! When we met I was 190 and he really liked how I looked even though I didn't. Now when I talk about going down to 170 he's ok with that but If I bring up a number like 150 he thinks I'll be too skinny.

My thinking is that I'll get to 170 and see how it feels!
  • Hi everyone! My name is Dana, I'm 23, and a grad student. I've been struggling lately because school is blowing up in my face and I went through a break up that was rather complicated- my ex gf and I are still in constant contact but not sure what we are/where we're going... so things have been stressful for sure, and I'm just getting over a nasty ailment that's had me out of commission for a week and a half.

Anyway, I'm so excited for this challenge and to meet you all!

* What do you prefer to be called? Dana
    * We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? To be/stay on plan, I need to NOT go crazy over it. One hour of exercise 5 times a week and hovering around 1500 calories with plenty of fruit and veggies and water=a good day for me.
    * How can we help you acheive your goals? i have no idea. it has always helped me to commensurate with others though.
    * Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? Not really, but I wouldn't object to any of the above!