snacks question

• Does it matter how many snacks I have in P1 as long as it on the list?

I don't mean like 10 or anything, just an extra one or two a day. Today was my first day and I am feeling very hungry all of a sudden. I have already had a serving of nuts today as a morning snack and I wasn't even that hungry. I had breakfast-snack-lunch-fudgesicle and a handful of nuts.
    For dinner I am just having a salad but, DH wants me to wait until he gets home to eat with him. I am not sure how long that will be. Could be 1 hour, could be 2.

Thanks!
  • Another serving of veggies would probably be ok. I like to have a half cup of ff plain yogurt with a little sugar free drink mix mixed in.
  • Thanks Zeffryn! I am so hungry right now!
    Off to make some celery w LC-YUM!
  • with a lot to lose, in phase 1 i'd worry more about the types of food instead of the amounts.. phase 1 is about evening out the blood sugar.
  • Yeah I'd go with the veggies if its a must.. That happened to me today too! DH was off fixing a car all day and I did the reg. routine. He didn't get back until 530 I had a handful of veggies and drank some water to help hold over...
  • Definitely don't go hungry! You never have to do that on this plan, which is why I am still on it. Remember the 4.5 cups of veggies/day is a MINIMUM amount! Have as much as you want. And have some protein to go along - some cheese, yogurt, milk, some beans with cheese and salsa...
  • One of my favorite snacks on this plan is red bell pepper strips, raw green beans, raw pea pods and an ounce of cheese or half cup of cottage cheese. Filling and yummy!