My 2nd 5K

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I went in with two goals: to jog the whole thing and to not finish last

I finished 139 out of 160 women but 20 out of 25 in my age group and I improved my pace time by 1:10
    Here is what it looked like from my first race in February.

I was the last one to cross the finish line. This one shows gun time then chip time.

It was a much better experience. I was going along just fine and jogged almost the whole thing. As I'm going along though I revised my goal to beat these two that kept jogging for a bit and then would walk. As soon as I would jog past them they took off jogging again. It was getting irritating so I said I wanted to beat them . They got quite a bit ahead of me but because I wasn't passing them, they weren't jogging as much so I passed them. Then I saw the finish line and upped my pace quite a bit. I upped it too much because I was a few steps from the finish line and I had to start walking. (It was either that or fall on my face cuz my legs were gonna give out). All in all I'm very happy with how it turned out. The next one I'm going to do is on May 17. I'm even talking Mom into taking the kids and doing the 1 mile fun walk so we can all get into the aquarium for free
  • Way to go!!

How do you find out about the 5K's in your area? I want to do one but am not sure when and where they are?
  • Congrats! You must feel soooo proud!

~Dee
  • barbygirl!

michellenew
  • !! I hope to jog a whole 5K some day
  • WTG! That is a huge accomplishment! You are an inspiration to me.
  • Quote: Way to go!!

How do you find out about the 5K's in your area? I want to do one but am not sure when and where they are?
    I go to okrunner.com to get the ones around here. You might just do a search for your state with runner/running, etc. or check over at the exercisers forum.
  • Another great source is www.active.com. You can search for events of all types in your area!
  • Great job!!! I'm very proud of you!
  • I am sooooo proud of you! WTG and what an improvement! That's remarkable!
  • Great improvement!! WTG! Your an inspiration to me!
  • Wow! A 6 minute PR is awesome, especially since it was such a short time between the two races. Good Job!
  • Well done, Dawnyal! I hope you update your blog with this info!!
  • Quote: Wow! A 6 minute PR is awesome, especially since it was such a short time between the two races. Good Job!
    The one in Feb. was my first ever and I started out next to my coworker's daughter who runs pretty fast. I got to going to too fast and panicked. I only jogged about 3k of it. I walked really slow on the rest. Here's a link if you'd like to read about my first 5K experience

Quote: Well done, Dawnyal! I hope you update your blog with this info!!
    I hope to have some downtime either this afternoon or I'll borrow Chris' laptop and type something up tonight so I can update the blog by tomorrow, I promise.
  • Yay!! Congratulations!