Embarassing problems besides being overweight?

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • i contemplated whether or not to post this because it's so incredibly embarassing. but i hoped that at least someone could relate.

not only am i overweight, but i have this tiny problem with body hair. and by tiny i mean it's HUGE. i have hair all over my body. i've already been tested for pcos (i had crazy pcos symptoms: overweight, body hair, irregular periods) and i don't have it. the hairiness and fattness are all me baby. well, actually it's genetic. my dad is a freaking monkey! his sisters are hairy too, although i don't think it's as bad as me. but i'm exactly like him, only in female form.

it's unbelievably embarassing. i have to go get laser hair removal treatments (like the one from extreme makeover) almost every two weeks. and don't be fooled...it hurts. it's on my face, my back, my chest, my stomach, and my behind! it's so terrible. like going to the beach is a nightmare because i have to shave MY ENTIRE BODY. and this isn't light hair, this is DARK, DARK hair.

this is the one thing i have a hard time talking about with other people. i can talk about sex, drugs, pooping, farting, puking, and all that other gross stuff...but this? no way. i get all nervous and uncomfortable and have to change the subject.

anyway, now that that's out of the way...does anyone have an embarassing trait that they'd like to share so i don't sound like such a freak?
  • Count me in!! Another hairy chick here!! I have PCOS, but I still have a beard dammit. LOL

I also have a scar from surgery that made my stomach look like an ***. I'm very self consious of it (you can see it in every shirt I wear, no matter how baggy) That and the fact that I'm 27 with the body of a 70 year old, life's pretty darn embarassing sometimes, esp. with summer on the way.

I think we all have a little something about ourselves that we don't like. I guess all we can do is live with it, god/mother nature made us that way for a reason.
  • Oops, almost forgot....

I was tested for PCOS and it came back negative, yet my gyno said that sometimes the blood tests come back negative and you still have it. It took me 3 years to have my son, so something's definately not right. Just a thought... maybe you are like me and don't have the cysts, wacky blood tests, etc.
  • that could be true. like my sister is exactly like me. like i noticed one of the symptoms is like "dark patches of skin" and she has it worse than i do...i have it mildly on the back of my neck and my armpits too.

hmmm, maybe i should get tested again.
  • GAK! I have the same thing! Except I haven't started laser hair removal yet. (I cannot freakin wait, pain or no pain!) But yeah... I have some seriously uncool hair problems and it is waaaay embarrassing for me too. We can be unconventionally hairy together. Lmao. Oh my it sucks...

Oh, and in the meantime the hair on my head is thinning. Sssooo embarrassing. I'm pretty sure I should go to the doctor. Anyone else in this situation?
  • The dark patches of skin are definately a sign of PCOS. I have a little bit on my neck and armpits too. I'm pretty fair skinned so it's not that noticeable.
  • Soy... the thinning hair might be testosterone-linked (women with PCOS usually have higher levels of testosterone, hence the hairy body) I'd go see your doctor and see what they have to say.
  • after you get the laser done it looks like you have a sunburn on your body with black specs. lol and it stays there for about....3-4 days.

umm for a while my hair was really really thinning out, i thought it was due to over dying it (but i was dying it darker than my natural color) so i couldn't tell if it was from that. perhaps it could be from stress? mine eventually stopped and now my hair is back to being super thick.
  • Yeah, I was thinking mine might be due to stress because I went through a few crazy things in my life. Also possibly lack of nutrition. I'm about to go get some blood work done at the request of my doctor already though so I will definitely ask about this pcos thing. I've never even heard of it. Can it be treated easily? *worried*
  • oh yeah, definitely a hairy jewish chick here.
    but what is so funny is that it IS so hard to talk about!! like you said, I can talk about LOTS of things, but only recently have I been able to joke about hairiness, and only with a select few. About a month or so ago, I stopped waxing my upper lip, decided just to sport the 'stache. Just waxed it off recently.
    I don't know, it sucks, i hate being so hairy. I would totally do some kind of laser hair removal if i could afford it. Instead, I just try to stay vigilant and pluck those little suckers.
  • Stress can cause hair loss for sure!!!

PCOS can be treated, it makes it harder to do some things, like lose weight and
    have babies. You can do both though (I'm proof!)

Check out PCOS in the wikipedia, or just google it.
  • yeah, laser treatments are SO expensive. i've been going since i was a junior in high school and i'm finishing up my 3rd year of college. my senior year someone donated $2000 for someone who was getting treatments and the doctor's office gave it to me! well, needless to say, i used that money up pretty quick. now my doctor only charges $80 per session. it's still crazy expensive, but oh well. that's life for ya.
  • Um I have the same hair problem, on my face, my stomach, my breast. I have very dark hair on my legs and light hair on my arms. I wax and pluck my face, shave the rest. I can't afford the laser hair removal.

I also have PCOS.

Oh another embarassing problem, my skin is terrible beause of the weight loss. I have lots of extra skin, a big pouch that hangs on my stomach and dimples on my thights were the skin is puckering.
  • I am a little hairy. Nothing I can't take care of with a razor. However, I have hyperhidrosis... a condition that makes me sweat like a beast. Seriously. I don't even need to be doing anything... if I watch a scary movie or laugh really hard or get really upset about something, my armpits will sweat until I am drenched. It's gross. I live in tank tops that are cut low under the arms, and then baggy sweatshirts in the winter. So, you are not alone in having other embarrassing body issues, lol. We all just have to learn to live with them I guess.
  • I'm guessing this is nowhere near as annoying as the hair and sweating issues, but it's embarrassing for me. I am 22 and I have just terrible acne. It's only getting worse - it was never this bad when I was a teenager! I took antibiotics for awhile, which totally cleared it up, except that after about a year I started getting yeast infections, as many as 6 in one year! So I've finally stopped the antibiotics and I'm trying a more serious, vigorous treatment that doesn't require chemicals.

Anyway, the worst thing about it is that I'm a brand-new high school teacher, and my skin is a million times worse than any of my students! It's so embarrassing. If I'm not wearing my nametag and dressed in frumpy clothing, then people automatically assume I'm a student! When I didn't have acne, I looked several years older than I really am. With the acne back now, though, that's all people see when they look at my face.