TBL Season 5 Finale Discussion

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Angie here-
    My sister met Ali today (Wednesday) at JFK in the American Airlines terminal. They both were returning to LA. My sister recognized her and walked up to her and congratulated her on her success.
  • I have a question and a comment... Do you think Paul is really sick or perhaps had trouble staying OP ??? That would be horrible... and... I loved the whole finale, but was a little bummed that in 2 hours, Ali got like one minute on air as the winner... I believe it was at least 9:58pm when it was finally announced... I would have loved to see her and Betty Sue for just a few seconds savoring the win... oh well... loved it anyway..................
  • Out of all of these contestants, Allie is the one that really inspired me the most!

When the contestants started coming out to be revealed, even my mother and I were saying we couldn't tell where they had honestly lost very much since they were kicked off the ranch. Even when they got up on the scale, and were pulling down some big numbers, I was still looking at them in doubt. I don't know, guess I'm used to the earlier seasons in which everyone in the end looked like Mark or Allie by the finale. But it didnt' really seem like in the past season nor in this one that most folks really tried that hard to win the kicked off prize. Just my impression there...

Was that really a tie Bob had around his neck? I couldn't tell, but I thought he looked so ridiculous in that...like he was trying to look like a spoiled, rich man just about to go sailing on his yacht...LOL
  • Do you think that ascot fashion Bob was sporting was picked up in Australia when he did BL over there? I noticed the American Idol dude from Australia also wore that same style neck wear.
  • I thought that some of them really looked like they had lost more weight and some looked close to the same.

I think that Bernie and Jackie looked the best weight lose wise out of the losers. Mark was looking too thin in the upper body, but still had some tummy overhang (unlike Roger who looked suprisingly flat across the mid section). Dan didn't have too much more to lose before he left. I thought Jay looked much thinner too and much better (healthier) than Mark. I think Curtis and Mallory looked awsome.

Maybe because we saw then all about 4 weeks ago when they got the chance to get back in the game, so we remember that and not when they really left the show for many of them.
  • Quote: Angie here-
    My sister met Ali today (Wednesday) at JFK in the American Airlines terminal. They both were returning to LA. My sister recognized her and walked up to her and congratulated her on her success.

That's so cool! I think I would have to approach her as well, I would not be able to contain myself.
  • Quote: I have a question and a comment... Do you think Paul is really sick or perhaps had trouble staying OP ??? That would be horrible... and... I loved the whole finale, but was a little bummed that in 2 hours, Ali got like one minute on air as the winner... I believe it was at least 9:58pm when it was finally announced... I would have loved to see her and Betty Sue for just a few seconds savoring the win... oh well... loved it anyway..................
    If you go through this thread, there is somewhere a post from somebody that Paul was dealing with some serious health issues .... it may be on page 1 of this thread.
  • I don't know if any of you know what the Law of Attraction is, but I believe Ali does! When she and Bette-Sue were getting booted, she said: "I will be the Biggest Loser"....and sure enough, there were game twists and lots of hard work that made that statement true!!
  • I find it ironic that lots of people thin Alli looks too thin. She obviously has a small frame but she had lots of muscle and looked healthy. Compare that to Mark who looked like he had wasted away a bit pushing for the win. I LOVE that Alli didn't sacrifice her strength gains.

People quite often think when you lose weight you look too thin, because they just aren't used to seeing you that way. Alli sitting next to Jillian in that post-interview actually looked larger then Jillian, but no one says Jillian is too thin.

Looks like she avoided the "deflated" look, because If you look at her "before" pictures she looks like her stretch marks were minimal and her mid-area was nice and round and not segmented into "upper/lower" Plus as far as TBL goes she was a bit of a light-weight to begin with. You can see some loose arm jiggle when she waves, but it's fairly minimal. Lucky girl!

I do think a few pounds would help round out her face a bit nicer, but she doesn't look unhealthy or too thin at all given her bone structure.
  • I think Ali looks fabulous and I love how thin her face is. That's something I strive for. Gosh, if I saw her at the airport I'd probably run up all excited and make a scene (but couldn't help it, lol). Funny how 4 months ago she was just a normal person like us and now we're all talking about 'seeing her on the street' and what we'd do, lol. I hope she writes a book. Losing weight can be so much more complex for women since our minds come into play so strongly. I want to hear her thoughts, feelings, and challenges she went through to get to where she is. She said at the finale that she struggles every day just to get up and go to the gym. That's something I needed to hear to motivate me on days I really don't want to go. Knowing Ali doens't want to go either, but still does, is a big deal!
  • I can't wait until I'm Ali's size. I thought she looked great (I think I referred to her as skin and bone once - in comparison to how she looked at the beginning of the show). I agree with Muse that we just aren't used to seeing her that thin. I would love to be as muscular as she is when I get back to (or close to) her weight!
  • Someone asked earlier in the thread why she didn't have loose skin... I think having loose skin or not depends on many things...genetics, age, how long you've been overweight, etc... I think she's just so very lucky....

I found this pic of her on this site Go Pink Team I think she looks awesome!!

• All I have to say about Ali is...WOW!!!
  • I'm watching it now, but the DVR cut off the last 15 minutes.

I do look forward to the day that Bob comes out publicly, in a big way.
  • Quote: I do look forward to the day that Bob comes out publicly, in a big way.
    Ummm....don't you think the ascot kinda did it for him? ROFL

Just kidding...I love my Bob!