Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #1  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Fit-Flops...have you tried them??

I was at Bath & Body Works over the weekend and saw a display for a product called "Fit-Flops". They look like nice cute non-junky flip-flops but there is something to the way they are constructed in the hels that make regular walking turn into exercise for the calves, the back of your thighs and the buttocks. They are $49.95 a pair. I tired them on and of course just from walking around the store I could not tell anything...but I want to know before I buy a pair of $50 flip-flops if they even work and if they are worth it. I do walk around a lot...

Hope to get some responses!

~Julee
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I think there was a thread about this...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114209

Is that what you were looking at?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:22 PM   #3  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I bought some last fall, and I actually wore mine today! For what it's worth, I don't think I've ever had any muscle soreness from wearing them. However, I didn't wear them all the time last fall. I WILL say that they're very comfortable on the feet, and when I wore them today I could feel my hamstrings when I walked (they were sore from running two days ago), when I normally feel my quads--so there might be something to the claim that they work your posterior chain.

At best, they're a workout for your legs. At worst, they're a pair of comfortable flip-flops that take a bit of getting used to
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:58 PM   #4  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

i used to sell avon and curves offers flip flops and sandals that are curved on the bottom so when you walk in them it works more muscles in your legs.....i always wanted to try them...but havent so far...might look into them more for this summer
ArmyWife02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #5  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I actually have the Curves work out shoes AND the sandals with the curved or rounded bottom. I LOVE the shoes for working out in fact they are the only ones I wear. I havnt gotten to wear the sandals yet, but the time is coming rapidly! I figure I can wear them when I take my walks in the evening. I have a bad leg and they sure make a TON of difference vs. wearing regular shoes.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

I trued them out, wasn't too impressed. I couldn't tell any difference and decided not worth $50, I'd be willing to spend $20
ShannanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #7  

I worked for BBW for a few months and we were given the Fit Flops to wear around the store. After wearing them for several hours a day, 5 days a week, there was really no difference that I could tell in my legs. I will say though, that they are far more comfortable to wear than regular flip-flops, and if you spend a lot of time in the summer; strolling the beach, boardwalk, malls, etc - they're DEFINITELY worth the $50. Heck, even if you just wear them to the grocery store they're more comfortable than a ratty pair of sneakers anyday!

Those $5 flip-flops from Old Navy or Payless absolutely do not compare on the comfort scale. With the Fit-Flops, I could wear them for nearly 8 hours at a time (on my feet at work) and my feet and legs were never sore.
Dina1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

Old navy flip flops suck but I always get the Nike Celso, they are great because it forms to the shape of your foot.
ShannanA is offline   Reply With Quote