Planning & Chat for April 14-20

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Lots of new threads about accountability here in Feathers. And the Weekend Warriors is a great idea!

Any thoguhts about how/if we should change what we're doing in this thread?

Have a great OP week all!

Dagmar
  • I'm a happy camper!
    I'm starting off this week really stoked! I'm down 2 lbs.
    and I have my first training session tomorrow.

The Weekend Warriors thing really works for me. I post a lot there and I eat a lot less off-plan with that accountability. And that makes such a difference for the weigh-in on Monday.

And my brain seems to finally be deciding on the healthy snack instead of the one that sets me off on a binge .

I'm starting to shake off the effects of a really hard winter and now I can look forward to wearing all of my size 8 spring/summer clothes!

Have a great week all!

Dagmar
  • Morning!

It is a very beautiful day here today. Coolish still but gloriously sunny!
    I went for a walk already.
  • it's finally getting warm!! talk about inspiration to stay on track... realizing that i'm soon going to have to bare at least a little more skin on my arms!

i was away all weekend and didn't eat very well.... but still a good weekend at the conference and visiting nearby family who i hadn't seen in years.

this week is time to buckle down! i've got to get serious if i want to be in my next size down jeans by my birthday. (april 29)
  • Beautiful day here, too, but I can't say that the scale is being kind to me.

Why is it that when I pack food for snacks and lunch that I eat it even if I'm not hungry? If I were at home and I wasn't hungry, I wouldn't eat. But since I packed it for work, it's almost as if I'm obligated to eat it. Anyone have any ideas on how I can overcome that? I don't want to not pack it, because what would happen if I were hungry and didn't have anything to eat? Help!
  • time to upgrade my commitment...
    Hi all! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I really need to kick my weight loss/exercise efforts up a notch! I plan to start posting on the Feather threads alot more often. I could really use the accountability and support.
  • hey all!
    done eating for the day. I am right on target with my points, now boiling some tea for closure for the day! at least, that's the plan...
    monique -- where in jerz are you? i am from essex county...went to rutgers!
    S
  • I'm going to have a great day
    Good morning everyone and welcome to a great day ahead!

The weather is gorgeous here this week! Always nice to be out in the sun this time of year . The dogs seem to feel my mood and they are all even happier when I'm happy .

I'm really looking forward to the training session tonite . I'm always excited to learn something new, even if I feel a bit awkward at first.

Stayed OP last night, even though I was extremely tired from a too long day. My snack was just a small cube of low fat cheese. I went to bed at 9:30 to avoid eating to stay awake. Slept right through the night too!

And I've cut my diet Pepsi consumption way back. It's my last really bad habit and I've decided to cut down. I will allow myself a maximum of 2 per day (they're 775 ml so you get an idea of just how much I have been drinking).

Have a terrific day all!

Dagmar
  • Good morning everyone!

I too slept fairly well for a change. Feel refreshed!

I should ... go to the gym, have a pelvic ultra sound at 12:45 and go to work at 3. Do those things all go together? Actually sounds like a kinda fun challenge.
  • allison, the only thing i can say about packing food for work is to only pack things you won't feel guilty about eating. i'm sure if you're packing them they're in your plan. i'll take things like hummus and celery sticks or grapes or fruit already cut up. honestly sometimes it's good to eat and not let yourself get to "hungry," at least for me that makes me more likely to make good choices. once i get really hungry all bets are off!

i'm too busy today... i should get to the gym NOW but time is short and it'll be a real crunch. i always hate feeling rushed and worrying about making it somewhere on time because of the gym.
  • well I just jumped in your fourm so it looks like this is the place to post and then the weekend thread over the weekend?

Tonight is the night I take a midnight strength training class. So I'll run 5 miles before hand and then do that and then I will come home and NOT eat.

Tomorow my little guy turns 4 but we're celebrating tonight. So I got one of those mini cakes at the store and him and his brother can share it but none for me. So if you don't count those 2 chocolate chip cookies that snuck down my throat, today I've been very good.
  • Quote: Good morning everyone!

I too slept fairly well for a change. Feel refreshed!

I should ... go to the gym, have a pelvic ultra sound at 12:45 and go to work at 3. Do those things all go together? Actually sounds like a kinda fun challenge.
    Kind of a weird little "triathlon" in it's way.

Dagmar
  • First training session was good
    So I got through the my first training session . Realized just how engaged my whole body is all the time at work. I had to really concentrate to isolate things the trainer wanted me to work. Usually everything is working at once. Or not .

Interesting. And I found out already that my crunch form is all wrong - great to have it corrected now!

She also left resistance bands and a thing to attach them to the door. And I have "homework". This is the type of thing I've been looking for and I'm a happy camper!

Just one question for those of you who work with a trainer - where the heck do you look when you're doing the reps? I eneded up staring at a point somewhere just north of her navel, which was of course covered. I make eye contact quite frequently when I'm talking to people but when I'm sitting on a ball heaving on a big rubber band I really coldn't figure out what to do. Closing my eyes just totally messed me up

batmomm2000

Off to watch Biggest Loser - finale night! And I'm trying a new snacking thing for me - veggies. Have mini tomatoes and carrots and cucumber sticks with a plain yogurt for dipping.

Have a great night all!

Dagmar
  • LOL I have no idea where I look, I guess I'm usually grunting so they're definately looking away...

WOW on the biggest loser-I guess I have a new idol!
  • I didn't get to the gym. I played telephone tag with the vet. Dh ended up taking the cat. I did the other two ... hmmm ... I'd rather take the cat to the vet.

Hi Batmomm!