Hi everyone

• Hi Chicks!

I am back on the Beach... again. I have fallen off before but I am serious this time and want to be ready for the beach this summer... ok more the bathing suit not the beach. I have been reading and getting some good recipe ideas recently, and you all seem great. I am in day 6 of week one, this is the point where I tend to get weak. The weekends are always hard for me. I crave cereal in the morning and I must admit I cheated and had a bowl this morning. I justified it as being phase 2 ok... but I know that was a justification. I really want to be strong this time, and I think you ladies might be key in helping me do so. Anyway I just wanted to say hi and let you know I am here! Also how do you get the weight loss tickers at the bottom of your messages? I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Allyson
  • Hi, and welcome!! I have found so much support and inspiration on this board, and I'm sure you will, too!! My weight loss ticker is from tickerfactory, but if go to the user control panel, I think there are 3FC tickers that you can use. Then, you just paste the URL into your signature field. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense...I'm sure someone can explain it much better than me! Congratulations on getting through almost half of P1, and good luck!
  • Welcome to the beach!
    I think there is a waiting period for a ticker, something like 30 days or 30 posts. The moderators can tell you for sure. I just followed the directions on the user CP and one of the main forums has this as a FAQ.
    Glad you made your way to 3FC, it is a wealth of information, support and inspiration.
    Karla
  • to The Beach, Allyson! We're happy to have you joining us. You will be able to get a ticker after 30 posts/30 days, and you can find out how to get one by clicking on anyone's ticker or reading the sticky in the the FAQ section. It's important to do 2 weeks of a clean Phase 1 in order to completely rid your body of any cravings. There are a lot of great recipes for Phase 1 in our recipe section to help you get through it. Try the mock pancakes and the mock oatmeal if you are craving cereal, both will help satisfy that cereal craving. Good luck!
  • Hi Allyson! Have you read the book? I know the cravings are hard, but understanding why it was important for me to stick it out for the entire two weeks helped me get past them.

Good luck, and lots of will power to you!

Kara
  • Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Kara & Cottage- I did read the book, I think it is more of the routine that I need to break. I am also experimenting with new mock recipes to try and have more foods to pick from. This morning mock corn bread was a success. Will power is not always my strongest point.
  • Welcome back to the beach. I, too, just came back after being away for a good couple of years. Today (Sunday) is also my 7th day, so we're at the same point. Keep up the good work!
  • Thanks! You too!