HELP Support Needed ASAP

• Just Getting Started and need HELP

Need some Teamwork

I'm the person who doesnt like breakfast

Stays up all night and eats alone

Watches tv and eats

Loves Junk food & sweets chocolate cake candy reeses snickers chips potatoe chips dorritos

Doesnt like to exercise after I chipped my tailbone

Gets hungry late at night

Eats then goes to sleep

No energy
    I'm not happy with this present state or weight and know its time to change!!

So I'm looking for a few good people to help motivate and inspire me and vice-versa so we can accomplish our goals this year!!!!
  • #1 rule: BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. You can lose all the weight you want.

# 2 rule : gotta eat breakfast . I didn't have breakfast when I started my journey. It slowed down my weight loss incredibly. A bowl of cereal every morning will help your metabolism to start the day.

#3 rule: DO NOT BUY JUNK FOOD. Whenever you go to the store stay away from them. Look at the nutrient facts. You don't need all the calories , fats and sugar they contain. Try to buy fruits for snack, or low fat yogurt.
    I also stay up late, if I get hungry I usually grab an apple or have some skim milk.

#4 rule: Exercise. If you do not like exercise machines, purchase some TAE BO DVDs or try to walk around. Summer is almost here, so it's a good time to take walks during the day.

Give it couple of weeks. As soon as you see the pounds are melting away, you get more motivated to lose some more. You will automatically stay away from junk/fast food and move to more healthy foods.

You can do this. It's not that hard.
  • Thank You!!!

I Believe You I am willing to try because I am not happy

But you seem very motivational and I am glad you gave me some wonderful tips and encouragement

I have a treadmill exercise videos weights a ball the sauna suit everything I have just really slacked off this winter and now its time to get into gear

Thanks again you may be just what the doctor ordered
  • You are very welcome leslie85.

I can't wait till your ticker start moving
  • Just get started... it's the hardest part. Don't look back at the past... take what you've learned from why it didn't work last time and work on those aspects.

Get all the junk out of the house. It makes life easier.

If you don't like to exercise start by walking. It doesn't feel as much like exercise, but it's an excellent place to begin. If your treadmill bores you walk to a destination. I find sometimes it helps.

Sauna Suit? Is that one of those things that makes you sweat? That's not going to do much for you but make you lose water weight that will come right back.
  • Hi Leslie,

I totally relate. I came to 3FC feeling so down. I weighed more than ever, was recently separated and really wanted to use my separation as a new beginning and get the weight off. But it's so hard!

I came here a few weeks ago. I've made progress in that I'm down about 3 pounds, which isn't so great. But the support I get here is incomparable. I know I can do it. I know I can't, and won't, give up. I look at everyone here who has been successful, and I know I can be too. I want to see my ticker go down. I want to do a dance when I lose my first 10 pounds.

You can do it Leslie! I know you can!
  • Every single person here started out exactly where you are now. We've ALL felt the exact same way you are feeling right now. Just want you to know that you ARE NOT alone!

The beginning is the hardest, at least it was for me. I used the 'novelty' of exercise and challenging myself and counting calories bouy me the first several wks (the novelty does wear off though!). I didn't necessarily look or feel any different but changes were happening. Even now, we all have those 'I don't feel like it' days. I say 'bugger off' to the little voice in my head that nudges me to not exercise 'just for today' or tempts me to have 'just one bite' of something that isn't on plan. Does it work all the time? Nope, but 90% is good enough for me.

Don't think, just do and before you know it you'll be in the groove w/the ticker going down!! You CAN do this.
  • I would check with a doctor about using a sauna suit. Particularly if you're not used to a lot of activity and/or live in a hot climate.

The only thing I have to add to the good advice you've received here is add music to your walking, it will make it go a lot faster. Could you watch tv on an exercise bike? Would that make the exercise go faster.
  • Quote: #3 rule: DO NOT BUY JUNK FOOD. Whenever you go to the store stay away from them. Look at the nutrient facts. You don't need all the calories , fats and sugar they contain. Try to buy fruits for snack, or low fat yogurt.
    I also stay up late, if I get hungry I usually grab an apple or have some skim milk.
    So true...and don't shop hungry! That's when I cave and buy junk!!

Good luck to you -- you can do it!
  • EXCELLENT point about not shopping hungry. Actually, don't let yourself be hungry point blank - make sure you eat enough! But don't make the empty calorie snacks your first port of call - make sure you've got nuts/seeds/fresh fruit/other good stuff around to chow down on when you're hungry. I always have a bag of sunflower seeds in my bag these days, just in case!

I notice that you haven't mentioned what weight loss plan you're following. Do you have a particular plan in mind? I'm Low Carbing myself, and finding that both easy and enjoyable (despite having always adored starchy foods!); I'm not saying that Atkins is neccesarily the best plan for YOU, because obviously it varies from person to person. But I do think it's very important to think hard about which eating plan you believe in, and know that you can implement and follow through. Planning is a big part of this, I think. I gave myself a week or so of planning and sorting out my kitchen and beginning to make good choices before I officially started on Atkins, and I really found it helped me be in the right headspace, as well as helping me be READY in practical terms by having the right stuff (including measuring things) in my house.

You CAN do this. In fact, you are the only one who can do this. You have this tremendous untapped power - you can choose to change yourself and you CAN make it happen. And it isn't even all that hard, really - it's just a case of keeping on keeping on, of believing in yourself. That's the most important thing at the end of the day - having faith in yourself, and allowing yourself to change.
  • Quote: EXCELLENT point about not shopping hungry. Actually, don't let yourself be hungry point blank - make sure you eat enough! But don't make the empty calorie snacks your first port of call - make sure you've got nuts/seeds/fresh fruit/other good stuff around to chow down on when you're hungry. I always have a bag of sunflower seeds in my bag these days, just in case!

SO SO very true! This was my biggest mistake and one of the paths that led me to 346 lbs. I wouldn't eat breakfast (another mistake and one you really need to work on) might even skip lunch if I were really busy, then by 4 - 5 o'clock I was ready to eat the paint off the wall. I would eat from the time I walked in the house at 5 - 6 until I went to bed at 10 - 11. Double or triple helpings of dinner or fast food, then huge bowls of ice cream or snacks.

Now I know how important it is to listen to my body. I eat every 3 - 4 hours, a small sugar free yogurt, an apple, a wasa cracker and cheese, or a few almonds when I'm slightly hungry and BEFORE I'm ravenous.

Breakfast is another area you really need to force yourself to change. I went 25 years without eating breakfast, so I understand you if you say you don't like breakfast, but it's very important that you change that habit. In fact, eating breakfast is one of the characteristics of a successful maintainer, and don't we all want to be that. I would start right there, change that habit first, I really believe it's that important.

You can do this, there are so many great threads here to challenge you and for support.
  • I will definietly jump on the "don't-let-yourself-get-hungry" bandwagon. This has been one of the MAJOR keys to my losing the weight and then keeping it off. So yeah, I eat often, every 2 hours or so, making good healthy satisfying choices - the fruit, the veggies, the low fat proteins. Believe it or not, your tastes will change and you will come to enjoy and savor these foods.
  • The first step is to believe/say POSITIVE things about yourself. Even if they're maybe not quite true right now. Try writing a new list like your first post, except fill in all the stuff you WANT to be doing. For example:

I am the person...
    who loves herself no matter what her weight
    who fuels her activities with healthy food
    who eats treats in moderation
    who is working on a stronger body
    who stays active despite an injury

... or whatever fits your goals. If you keep thinking it and saying it, eventually you'll start to believe it. I saw a quote on here recently that said "whether you think you can or can't, you're right." (It was in someone's signature.. I forget who!) I'm usually not very into this whole "positive thinking" thing, but I've found that when it comes to health, fitness, and body image, it's sometimes the only thing that works.