One Year Later

• I joined 3FC in April of 2007. I am going to take this moment to reflect.

I have lost 12 pounds over the course of the year and, while that seems pathetic in a numerical sense, I am going to take it as a learning experience.

Even though I do not post often, I read 3FC everyday. Through 3FC I have gained some valuable tips and enjoyed the solidarity of others who are on this journey with me.

Everyone. . .please wish me strength as I build upon my experience and attempt to multiply that 12 pounds by 5 this year.
  • You have gained alot of knowledge in the past year. Now is the time to put that brain to use and go for it. We are here to support you.
  • Happy one-year anniversary! I am just coming up to my own, and I find that it's a time for reflection.

Losing 12 pounds a year is probably not what you set out to do, but it is still an amazing accomplishment. Our culture is so centered on food, it's tough to even maintain weight, let alone lose it. So - how wonderful you achieved that! And I know that you'll continue to successfully lose the weight this year as well!
  • Congrats on your loss. It isn't much, but it is still an accomplishment and not a failure! You are on the right path, just put your knowledge into overdrive. You can do this.
  • Congrats on the 12lbs! It's better to have lost some then to have gained a bunch! Keep up the good work and happy 1 year anniversary!
  • I know personally if I'm not losing, I'm gaining -- so congratulations and keep up the good work!! Here's to spending your second 3FC anniversary at goal!!!
  • Congrats! You can do it !
  • Wahooo
    You go girl!!!! 12 lbs however small in numbers it may seem to you is a big accomplishment. I joined this wonderful 3FC family about a week ago. So far I have lost 3 lbs. Im very excited!!! I've also met a super friend and am very excited to share MY one year anniversary with you all.... Enjoy me around...for the next 12 MONTHS
  • Somebody made a posting a week or two ago about losing 40 pounds in a year and how easy it would have been to be the same, but no, she's 40 pounds lighter. It's a great post if you have time to look for it.

Same with you. The year would be gone whether you'd gained or lost, so you're on the right track!
  • One Year Later _Thank you!
    Thank you all for your support!

I look forward to the 2nd year anniversary and continuing on my new lifestyle (No more "diets" for me!)!

am
  • You are closer right this very moment, one year later, to your goal than you were one year ago. You keep on keepin' on!
  • You have done more than many people - which is to lose weight over the course of a year. The amount doesn't matter, it's the lessons you learn.

Great job!
  • what a great way to look at it. Good luck in the new year!!!