TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

You're on Page 13 of 31
Go to
  • Shay - I believe you can vote 100 times per email addy.
  • Voting 100 X seems silly to me. One person = one vote. At least in a perfect world lol. Seriously tho, what is the purpose of allowing that many votes? Any clues?
  • Quote: I could have written that myself. Eight years ago I moved to Pensacola and gave up everything for a job I hated. Then I married DH and found a new job, both of which I love, and they have become my whole life. I realize now that it's okay to be selfish and want something for myself. That's what 3fc has become for me, my support system, and my sanity, sometimes my insanity. So remember that we're here for you. (And if you want to move to Pensacola, I'd be happy to make you my RL BFF )

Awwwww, I love you! That was sooooo sweet gf! When Jess and I met online, he actually lived in Pensacola. He had been there a few yrs in the Navy and was just out when I snagged him up. I don't know why we decided to be in TN. I was already here a couple of yrs, in college and working, but so waht! You can worek and go to school anywheres...LOL! I kind of wish we would have stayed down there. What little bit I saw was very pretty and I sure miss the ocean....Maybe I could talk him into it, lol. Maybe we can vacation down there sometime at least and we could hook up with you.
  • Quote: I felt like I was slightly stoned during the whole episode, I will really hate for this season to be over.

Tomato, I felt just like this too... LOL. I KNOW, that it is a TV show and lots of behind the scenes "bad" stuff is done in the name of putting out this entertainment... manipulation of the "weeks", unhealthy practices for the contestants, including dehydration and etc. BUT, regardless, it still inspires me in some way to get up and work hard for my real life little 1 and .5 pound losses that I can do for me in a healthy, albeit slow way, and like Roni wrote about, the emotional growth that we get a glimpse of in these people as they struggle to ditch the pounds makes this show for me. I relate, I can relate! So, I guess part of me wants to stay in a little fantasy world and watch the magically shrinking people on TV and believe that it's possible for me too...ya know?.
  • And thanks Dee for the chart update!!
  • Yep, def more than 1 week. THey said in Australia that they' d have a week at the ranch with no trainers, and then last nite, the trainers showed up, so it had to be 2 weeks! I hated it though that Ali said at the scales, "you've lost xx pounds THIS week." That's so misleading. She could have easily said, "lost xx pounds this weigh-in."

Did you see Mark with his head down on the table when Bob walked in? He looks real low energy. I wonder if he is keeping his cals high enough and drinking.....

Yes, I'm sure they all sweat hard and didn't drink the night before weighing in. DId you see Ali's shoulder blades jutting out at the weigh in?

The magazine cover can't be real - I'm sure they have as a big part of their contract that they can't get publicity before the finale show. Looks like the head was photoshopped on to me.

Did anyone see Jillian's face after the girls weighed? She looked like she had just seen a car wreck - her face was all goofy, hair mussed up, and she was hanging on to kelly for support. Total shock. It was funny to watch!

And I won't even point out her love fest with Ali when she showed up. Poor Kelly had to chase them a bit on the track to catch up with them and get in the group hug. Felt bad for Kelly there!
  • Quote: And I won't even point out her love fest with Ali when she showed up. Poor Kelly had to chase them a bit on the track to catch up with them and get in the group hug. Felt bad for Kelly there!
    Me too - I thought, why isn't she giving Kelly so much support as she giving to Ali? It was as if she took mercy on Kelly only AFTER the weigh-in.
  • Quote: BUT, regardless, it still inspires me in some way to get up and work hard for my real life little 1 and .5 pound losses that I can do for me in a healthy, albeit slow way, and like Roni wrote about, the emotional growth that we get a glimpse of in these people as they struggle to ditch the pounds makes this show for me. I relate, I can relate! So, I guess part of me wants to stay in a little fantasy world and watch the magically shrinking people on TV and believe that it's possible for me too...ya know?.
    I find it incredibly inspirational and even though I cannot compete with them, I still love to watch. I think it doesn't matter whatever your inspiration, as long as it motivates you to get off the couch and exercise (and eat right).

By the way, I don't know who was it, but it was mentioned last night on the show that they were on the ranch for 5 months (I think it towards the end, when they were all going home).
  • I was disgusted at the fake *high* numbers that every contestant pulled. I get frustrated that health isn't the number one priority. I think it reinforces instant gratification. I do admire how hard they work, just irritated at the producers of the show to get higher ratings. If I watch it, it is for the last 20 minutes. The ads are annoying.
  • Hey Shay -

If you read the FAQ's . . . each e-mail address can vote 100 times!!!
  • There had to be some serious laxative and diuretic abuse for those weigh ins, but I am glad both girls got in. Everyone's faces looked really drawn, but frankly I thought both Mark and Ali look a little underweight. Mark is starting to look scary. Ali, I think when she rehydrates will be ok, but I think she is going to look super scary for the finale if she wants a chance to win.

Bummer that Roger still has a chance. He is a nicer guy so I think he could come back, but I think the girls should have gotten their vote.

Better-health...that is why I record it, the number of ads and repeating themselves they do is nauseating. I actually watched last nights episode in under an hour because I really didnt feel the need to watch the video highlights of the season.
    Fast forward is my friend.
  • Did anyone else see the slide show on Yahoo's front page?

http://www.tv.yahoo.com/slideshow/248/photos/1

Either Ali let her hair grow back out or that's and before-returning to the Ranch photo. Kelly's picture looked like it was taken at the challenge on last night's show.
  • Wow, I didn't notice any shoulder blade situation with Ali. I was too busy admiring her back muscles in that tank top and hoping I can look like that some day. I really thought she looked great! She's about my height and her goal is to be 125. That's a realistic goal. BTW, I felt a little sorry for Kelly too during the Hug fest she had to fight her way into. Kelly has grown on me...finally.

I think it's been written about so many times now and in so many different places that most people KNOW that their "weekly" weigh-ins aren't weekly at all. Not to mention they do workout out 4 to 6 hours a day and follow a VERY strict diet while on the ranch. We all know they do the dehydration thing and then ALL of them gain and level out at a healthy size once the show is over. Once they get to the finals it's all about the money. Remember last season when the twins won and they both looked like raisins? lol

Realistically I KNOW I cannot lose that much weight , THAT fast....but I know I can lose that much in my own time. I am inspired by the show. It gives me hope that it can be done. Just takes some longer than other's. I also pay attention when they are @ the GYM and try to do some of the exercises and workouts I see them do on the show. I dig it.
  • Thanks for the link to the slide show, Dee.
    I wish they also published how tall they are. They all seem awfully stubby in those pictures.
    Wholy cannoli (how do you spell that? LOL), Mark now weighs less than me.
  • Quote: Me too - I thought, why isn't she giving Kelly so much support as she giving to Ali? It was as if she took mercy on Kelly only AFTER the weigh-in.
    I know! What really got my eyebrows raised was after Ali's TV tape was finished, Jillian turned to her and stated that Ali was going to be THE BIGGEST LOSER winner of this whole shebang. I mean, hello??? Ain't you forgetting Kelly here? She's on your team too, ya know!

In many ways, I feel like Jillian has sorta given up hope for Kelly long ago, and she does show that in small ways, such as her huge hugfest to Ali without including Kelly in it.

As for the finale, obviously if Roger was the third contestant, he would win this hands down. Mark and Ali really don't have any more weight to lose. I fail to see where they could lose even more here....I'm placing my bets on Kelly to win this.....