Bacon, Egg and cheese cups - Easy AND Delicious!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This recipe was originally posted in the main forum by Shesaninja.

Quote:
    I made this recipe from recipezaar last night that I just have to share:

Bacon, Egg and Cheese cups

6 eggs
    6 slices of turkey bacon
    shredded cheese (I used cheddar)

Cook the bacon til it crisps up a little (don't cook all the way).
    Put the bacon strips in a muffin tin (I used liners and sprayed them with pam) so they cover the edges and leave the bottom open.
    Crack a single egg into each bacon ring.
    Top with shredded cheese.
    Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.

I doubled the recipe and made them last night. I just nuked a couple (1 minute) for breakfast and they are delicious. I paired them with a glass of V8 and I'm totally satisfied.
  • Loved it!
    These were great! It's a nice twist to just scrambled eggs and bacon! Thanks!
  • I'm going to try this. It sounds delicious
  • I love bacon! this sounds so yummy!!! TFS!
  • I add a little bit of chopped veggies - maybe scallion, bell pepper, a bit og mushroom....gives you some veggie and reduces amount of calories - just scramble the egg - add the veggies and a dash of tabasco....YUMMY!!!!!
  • Silly Q but what kind of liners do you guys use paper/foil? I want to make sure it's micro safe
  • Thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to try it.
  • KO - I didn't use any wrappers, I just did a quick spray with Pam. They come out really easily. I also put a lot of pepper in them because I LOVE black pepper w/ my eggs.
  • My Grocery was out of Turkey bacon (bizarre!) So I thought 1 of 2 things.
    1 do a regular quiche cup with ham broc and cheddar or make a "cup" out of the ham.
    Any thoughts?
  • Wow!
    Am I reading your ticker right? Have you really lost 106lbs? Have you done it all on the SBD?
  • Quote: Am I reading your ticker right? Have you really lost 106lbs? Have you done it all on the SBD?
    Which poster are you talking about? KO? Hmacneil? I don't think either of them has lost that much. Reading back, I guess you mean Beachgal. Yes, she has lost all that weight on SBD.

By the way, your ticker isn't working. Holler via PM if you need help.
  • I made these last night and had one for breakfast. I loved it. How many servings does this make? I only ate one with some v8 and it was pretty satisfying, but I was snack ready by 1030.
  • The recipe is only 144 calories for a single egg and bacon slice with a slice of reduced fat cheese. Maybe two would be a better breakfast serving. You could also have raw veggies along with the V8 to hold you longer.
    However, depending on your breakfast time, 10:30 is about the right timing for being ready for a snack.
    Nice to see you back, Nullgal!
  • thanks Ruth. I appreciate the welcome.
  • Sounds really yum!