My new diet plan, "I Can Make You Thin"

• I'm planning on following this new TLC show, called I Can Make You Thin....they give practical tools etc...read about it in this thread i started:
    I Can Make You Thin Thread

I'm kind of excited. I've already tried the first four rules and my body's reaction is pretty accurate to what is expected
    I've already heard a couple of success stories
    wish me luck!!
  • Very excited to hear about the successes people have had. I TIVOed the show and haven't watched it yet. Sounds like I should make it a priority!

Keep us posted.
  • I caught part of that the other night. It sounds like it can work - if you can put a whole-hearted effort into it. The part about eliminating distractions while you're eating, though, made it thoroughly un-do-able for me, especially if I found myself eating often (using that "eat when you're hungry" rule).

Between work and my son, I'm lucky if I can use the bathroom without distraction. Since I'm only rating about 50% successful there, so I don't think I'll be ditching WW in lieu of ICMYT.

I'll keep watching though. I'm interested to see what his "secret" to combatting emotional eating is. That's this week's show.
  • I saw a few minutes of that show the other night but was so tired that I went to sleep. I will have to try and catch it and see what its about. I wish you the best in your endeavors.
  • I watched it and found it to be pretty interesting. I've applied the first 4 secrets to what I'm doing already and it seems to be working.

If you did only his plan the weight comes off, just really slow (I'm thinking). His guest had been doing his plan and lost 160lbs in 3 years and is still losing. That's great, but I want it to be quicker than that. Well, I didn't get fat overnight... so the slower the better (I've heard).

T
  • WOW! 160lbs in 3 years! That's an average of 53.3lbs a year or about 1lbs a week EVERY week for 3 years. I'd be very happy with that! "They" say that 1-2lbs a week is the healthiest, most sustainable weight loss amount. I wish I could claim 1-2lbs a week for even a year...that would put me at goal! LOL

I recorded the show and will have to watch it soon.

Cheers,
    Tamara