Power Plate

• Has anyone tried the Power Plate and gained any results?
  • I hate to make a statement without being able to back it up, but I can't remember where I read this - I read that the benefits of the power plate were very slight and couldn't match the claims of the manufacturer, and not worth the investment. Darn, I wish I could remember where I read it. I'll check around. Maybe in the meantime, someone else will have more information
  • Thanks for this - I think i will do some searching for that article too!!!
  • What is power plate?
  • My doctor has a sonic power plate in his office. He uses it with patients who have chronic pain and who need to build bone density. It supposedly releases HGH and helps speed metabolism too. I used it in the past and noticed a reduction in fibromyalgia symptoms. I am about to start up again.

Here are some examples:

http://www.slimvibes.com/compare.htm...FSPOiQodPQEB6g
  • Wow, it's rather expensive!
    I went on a tour of the TN Titans locker room once and they have a vibrating station that they stand on to loosen up their muscles after games.
  • My mom had recently bought one of the Vibrapro's, not too sure which one. She said it feels pretty unusual, the whole vibration thing, but so far she seems to like it....
  • I just tried out a power plate at a fitness store- I was skeptical but you definitely feel the burn of muscle contraction. Really this is for muscle strength and health benefits not cardio. My knees were sore from testing out ellipticals so the sales person said try the power plate it really works for knee pain, shoulder pain etc- sure enough the pain was gone (this is not a severe pain by the way.) It is very expensive but I started doing a web search and decided to order the vibraslim- due to cost and construction. Apparently powerplate was originally steel and then they went to cheaper reinforced plastic construction for the plates (not saying this isn't good but it certainly wasn't what the studies were based on.) but the price is still high.
    It is difficult to find to many reviews on the web but what I did find was positive for vibraslim. My bottom line was is this going to change my life- no but does it appear to be a good way to get in strength training on top of my cardio without huge time investments- plus additional benefits- bone density, ccirculation etc. I also think this is something my sons and husband (bad knees and not much for exercising) will use. I will probably receive it at the end of next week or the week after- will update and let you know what I think of it.
  • Wow, I had never heard of this before. I'm not sure I understand exactly what they are supposed to do, and they are pretty expensive. The website had testimonials from celebrities, and lots of sports teams though.

Guess I'll have to keep to my traditional diet, and exercise routine!
  • Just got mine, will try and track inches lost vs last month and post back- it won't be completely accurate but.... First session felt good!
  • Lifechange, maybe you can track any changes in balance or stability as well? Maybe let us know about your sons and husband knees as well?
  • Hi Barmaid, I am not sure how I would track changes in balance or stability??? As far as my husband goes he just isn't into fitness or lifestyle changes- I am working on him but I refuse to nag him about fitness since I am constantly on him about his diet (type 2 diabetes). If he starts I will track his data. As far as my knee goes-I worked out this morning and then went for a bike ride at lunch- my left knee (ACL injury) was a bit sore after that. I stood on the machine for 3 mins and it hasn't bothered me the rest of the day. I think it is helping my varicose veins as well. I have two problem areas one on each calf-have had them for years and they are unsightly. I really believe they are diminishing. I was not looking for this but just happened to notice they aren't as prominent anymore. I have been using it for just over a month now.
    As far as weight loss goes- probably not. I lost an extra 1.5 lbs vs previous month this is most likely just variations. Re inches I think this might be a difference attributable to increased toning. I lost a little bit more off each area of my body-doubled my normal calf inches lost extra .75 inches, lost 2 extra inches off my abdomen (I exercise but I don't do any ab exercises-don't like them), doubled loss on my upper arm extra .75 inches and everywhere else lost an extra .25 inches on each spot. Doubt that it is attributable to 1.5 lbs. Anyway I will keep tracking, it is not a miracle but I really enjoy it, it makes me feel good, my knees feel good and I have no lactic acid build up -apparently if you use it post exercise it helps prevent buildup- so I have no muscle soreness. I did not buy the powerplate (although I think it may be a better machine which can impact results) I bought a cheap version-vibraslim.