maybe someone here knows...

• say you go over your calories...
    how long does it take for those extra calories you ate, to turn into weight on a scale?
  • Hi Kate - I certainly am NO expert but I can tell you, if you think you got away with something (hahaha - evil laff), you didn't.

I made a great liver dinner (I know) this weekend and it was such a long time since we had this, I spilled way over my calories. I also had a handful of Easter M & M Almonds. BIG handful. Oops...

Well, I weigh each morning before I shower (thankfully as my DH says), & I thought that calorie bungle just disappeared and I will just scoot along.

Today is Thursday & well - I went up 1 pound! Not too bad for sure, but now I need to be good for a while I think.

It always catches you when you least expect it. BUT - you can always fix it.

Anyway, why? What did you do? Can't be THAT bad? Can it? eek...
  • oh no, it wasnt ttooo terrible. i aim for 1200-1300 calories a day and i hit 2100 yesterday. i went a little under 1000 calories over goal. its still less than i burn on a daily basis...
  • Ack - get back up on that horse & forget it. What's done is done. Just like those M & M's I had - MAN WERE THEY GOOOOOOODDDDD! I felt guilty eating them but what the heck! I KNEW I shouldn't have, but....water under the bridge now.

Now I pay a little for my mistake. We all make them. You will be fine - trust me. As long as it doesn't become a habitual thing.
  • For me, it can take 2 or 3 days to catch up with me, and it can stall my weight loss for a week even if I don't gain.

Jay
  • I would say the moment the food went down your throat (at least in my case) hehehe.
    Kate, you are very beautiful!
  • aw! thank you tomato! *blush*

time to pretend like i didnt indulge and move on, i guess....