weird question..can I use sugar scrub exfoliators?

• I normally use a sugar scrub every few weeks to exfoliate my skin (mixed with Extra virgin olive oil). I was going to use it last night but wasnt sure if I could somehow absorb the sugar into my body. Does anyone know if this is possible? I hate to have to go buy a different product when this homemade scrub is my favorite (not to mention free!)

btw...i'm still on Phase 1 (for 2 more days) so thats why i'm asking.
  • It can't be absorbed, so you'll be fine. Just don't taste it
  • I LOVe using sugar and EVOO for my skin. It completely transforms it. And yes, it helps that it's free. Also, for my face (since I already have oily skin) I use honey and sugar and it works awesome!! just thought I would add in my 2 cents. Good question! Never would have even thought about it...
  • Hey! Do either of you have a recipe - I've been looking for a good scrub lately!
  • lol I just eyeball it... half sugar and half EVOO or honey.
  • I keep a container of sugar near the shower and just scoop up a handful and mix with my regular bodywash. It's the only good use for sugar IMO.
  • awesome - thanks! I needed a reason to use up all of the refined sugar I'll never be using again!
  • oh, thank you all so much for the quick replies!

I eyeball the recipe too. Sometimes, I use brown sugar. It makes your skin incredibly soft!

LOL...Suzanne...I have already wondered how it might taste. If I can resist the donuts sitting of my counter (my hubby drives me insane!) then I can resist tasting my body scrub, I think!