Yay! Ran Out of Stars!

• This is kind of goofy, but it keeps me going....

First, let me just be honest and say that I really don't enjoy exercising. I do it because it's good for me, I've been losing weight because of it, and I feel good when it's finished.

I'm also a very visual person. Every time I get to the gym or work out I add a star to my calendar. And the calendar hangs right in front of me. So there's no way I can ignore the fact that I'm missing stars.

The great news is that today when I finished my work out I put my last star on the calendar. I FINISHED MY SHEET OF 100 STARS! I've worked out 100 times! Yay for me!
  • I do the same thing--but I have butterfly stickers
  • Good for you! What kind of stickers will you get now?

Jay
  • SO not goofy. When I first started, I had FOUR different activities I tracked (LB strength, UB strength, cardio, and abs). I had a calendar and I'd stick the appropriate sticker for the activity I did on the page, then add up totals for each at the end.

I actually filed them because I was so proud of myself. I think they're a GREAT motivator.
  • Definitely not goofy! And way to go - 100 stars is nothing to sneeze at!

I do stickers too - I keep a food journal where I write down what I eat every day and the points (WW) - I have smiley face stickers for the days I stay within my alloted daily points, and fun SpongeBob stickers for every day I get 30 minutes of exercise or more. I like buying fun stickers - it brings out the kid in me - and it is awesome to look back and see how many stickers you got for an entire month, year, etc.
  • WTG!! Who knows, maybe the exercise part will grow on you and you'll end up liking it more. It happened to me.
  • LOL! I thought I was the only one who used stickers as a motivator!

I use stars for sticking to my eating plan (notice I didn't say diet--that's a four letter word!), and I use little hearts for when I excersize.
  • Way to go! That's awesome.