Slower, relaxing music?

• Am I werid...? Sometimes, instead of listening to head thumping, fast, pulsing music to exercise, I find slower, calmer music more soothing to help me stay relaxed and focused while I am running/walking on the treadmill...
  • I do that too sometimes! It really depends on my mood
  • I totally agree. There are times when I want fast, upbeat music... and other times I want something soothing. I absolutely love Bonnie Sommerville's "Winding Road" from the Garden State soundtrack - it's peaceful, yet somehow drives me forward.
  • I ALWAYS listen to slowish music with great melodies/lyrics.

I am a musical theatre FANATIC so I often listen to my favorite songs from shows while I'm working out....or shows that have roles that I want to be but can't be until I'm thinner...it's great motivation!
  • I generally like slower songs when I'm warming up or cooling down (I guess that's kind of obvious) but really, any music I love is great while exercising. It all sounds so much better through the earphones than where I usually play it, on my computer. You have a good point about being relaxed and focused, though, that's a great zone to be in!
  • Yep, I love, at times, slower music.... It all depends on my mood...