Starting something new... OT

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am taking a little vacation from my counting calories and have decided to do a detox! It's a really good one - and I cannot wait until I am done and am feeling good! It's called Wild Rose Detox (it's canadian too!)- and I'm doing it to rid my body of yeast and get my stomach balanced. It's not a huge difference from my normal diet so it should be a smooth transition. I am really excited! 2008 is the year I get my body healthy and feel GOOD, I've had some rough years and don't want to be that person who is always sick.

Anyways - wish me luck! 1 day down, 11 to go!

-Aimee
  • Good luck Aimee! What is involved in the detox?
  • Good luck...what is it you are going to do. Is this to detox from sugar?
  • Good luck! What does this do and what do you take?
  • Good luck Aimee!!!!
  • Thanks gals

What's involved in this detox is eating a balance of acid forming, alkaline forming and neutral foods, basically domestic fruits, all veggies, lean meat, but no sugar/processed foods. I also take vitamins with my breakfast and dinner. The point of the detox is to rid the body of yeast , as well as detoxing the body of toxins. And one of the other benefits is that it will balance my stomach - and thats a HUGE one for me!

-Aimee
  • Aimee - good luck with the detox!!! and let us know how it went.

Ginger
  • Good for you Aimee

I'd like to hear how it goes as well

Linda
  • Let us know... I've never even thought of doing that. I was thinking that if you did you spent much time in the bathroom... humm interesting.
  • I have done that detox too! It was several years ago and I remember I did lose about 6 lbs that I didn't immediately regain the second I was done the detox. I had a hard time with the stuff you have to take (argh, those drops!) but you get used to it after a few days. Good luck with it, hope it helps!
  • Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how you feel during the next 11 days.
  • Jen - the trick to the drops is to take them as a shot, and IMMEDIATELY put food in your mouth afterwards heh.

mez - I'm waiting for the bathroom trips to become more frequent, nothing yet! But I'm pretty regular.

Day 2 went great! 10 to go!

-Aimee
  • Aimee, I hope this detox makes you feel great and helps get your weight loss jump started again! Please keep us posted on your progress.
  • Good luck!
  • oh keep us posted Aimee and good luck!

I am curious, does yeast have an effect on weightloss?