Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Featherweights Plan and Chat Feb 11-17

Good morning!

I'm up and getting ready for work this snowing blowing morning. Brrr ...

What's up with you this week?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #2  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

We're 2 hours late today. The wind was 50+ mph yesterday, so there are downed trees everywhere, and sporadic areas are without power still.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I had a lovely weekend--got in several miles of walking. The weather is warming and it's more like what winter in the desert is supposed to be like. I got a new pair of jeans (not that I needed any!) and it was really nice to grab a pair of size 6 and just "know" that they would fit perfectly. I guess I bought them for the reason that they did fit so nicely!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

Just got back from a beautiful walk...75 degrees here today in sunny Scottsdale, Arizona. I just LOVE being outside!
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Bad sleep night last night. I keep telling myself I need to use that pool membership I bought, but sleep won. Did get to the gym for weights.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I've decided no alcohol and no swimming until March, when I go to Mexico. I am going to get over this cold that I've had for the past three weeks and I am going to be healthy for my girls' trip to Mexico! Last week was a real doozy but I finally seem to be coming out of it this week and I've been working out again, albeit at a reduced level, since Saturday. I definitely feel better today than yesterday, and definitely felt better yesterday than I did on Saturday. So every day is a small improvement.

The good news is that I ran a mile on Saturday and a mile on Sunday and my knee is holding out. Of course, a mile really isn't much of a strain on my knee--I was able to do that even with the knee injury, so I'm not sure it really means that much. But I think maybe I'll get up to a mile and a half this week. Either intervals on the treadmill or 3 miles outdoors will be the real test, but because of this cold I don't know when I'll be up to either of those challenges.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #7  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

So... I am literally writing this ON the treadmill at my hotel! I'm staying at a Westin and by some miracle of miracles I got upgraded to one of the two WestinWorkout rooms, where they have a treadmill, stability ball, weights, and other exercise equipment right in your hotel room. I'm taking advantage of the privacy to walk (2.5 mph) on the treadmill while doing work and also catching up on 3FC. There is a nice bar that goes across the treadmill and is perfect to put my laptop on. Not quite 100% solid because of my footfalls, but my laptop isn't in danger of falling or anything.

I ate a pretty bad-for-me dinner at this amazing Ethiopian restaurant near the hotel, so hopefully this will at least SOMEWHAT make up for that, even though it's not a real workout. Unfortunately, I have too much work tonight and am too exhausted to really get a real workout in. Better luck tomorrow!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenestealer View Post
So... I am literally writing this ON the treadmill at my hotel! I'm staying at a Westin and by some miracle of miracles I got upgraded to one of the two WestinWorkout rooms, where they have a treadmill, stability ball, weights, and other exercise equipment right in your hotel room. I'm taking advantage of the privacy to walk (2.5 mph) on the treadmill while doing work and also catching up on 3FC. There is a nice bar that goes across the treadmill and is perfect to put my laptop on. Not quite 100% solid because of my footfalls, but my laptop isn't in danger of falling or anything.

I ate a pretty bad-for-me dinner at this amazing Ethiopian restaurant near the hotel, so hopefully this will at least SOMEWHAT make up for that, even though it's not a real workout. Unfortunately, I have too much work tonight and am too exhausted to really get a real workout in. Better luck tomorrow!
THat sounds awesome. I want to go and check in.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #9  
Blabbermouth

Funny, my friend is on a trip and ate Ethiopian food the other night. It's the second time I've heard about Ethiopian cuisine this week.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 149/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I swear.. one of these days I'm going to figure out a way to attach my laptop to my recumbent

Your room sounds divine Laura!
Tamsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Wow. I never imagined they'd put the exercise equipment IN your room! Usually you have to trudge to the basement to find the workout room and then you never know who you'll encounter down there. Pretty cool!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #12  
Blabbermouth

Dude, if my laptop were hooked up to my recumbant bike, I'd be on it all day
Old 02-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #13  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Ugh...I didnt feel like taking the time to cook a hot breakfast this morning so I had my superproteinfiber cereal and I am starving. It's 8:30. I know cereal makes me hungry tsk tsk.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #14  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I can't type and walk at the same time. To bouncy on my eyes. But then again, I don't have a treadmill, I have a stepper. It I could compute while on it, I might just use it more. LOL.

Just recovering from my RSV so far this week. If I could ever be healthy enough to work out, I just might be able to actualy lose a decent amount of weight. I kinda feel like the 5 pounds I lost in Jan was just water weight and not I have to lose the real stuff. *sigh*

Hope you all are staying on track and staying healthy!
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi everybody! I LOVE Ethiopian food. We went out for my birthday last weekend, and I almost chose Ethiopian - in the end, I decided on Thai food, which was awesome. I need to get some Ethiopian food in the near future!

I've been pretty good this week calorie wise but I haven't been exercising. I was sore and achy - some sort of virus I think - from Friday through the weekend. I still haven't resumed exercise. My gym bag is already packed for tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a healthy week!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote