Diet Coke Cake

• I read about this on another board in the 3FC forum somewhere, but I can't find it. So I am writing about it here (I assume it is the right place!) I am using diet pepsi and Pillsbury Moist Supreme REDUCED SUGAR Devil's Food

The calories should be 150 per slice (12 Slices in the mix)
    (Diet Cola has no calories)
    (Thanks to firendlykat4u for letting me know my very noticeable mistake )

DIET COKE CAKE

1 box cake mix - any flavor
    1 can diet soda - any flavor

Mix the dry cake mix with 10-12 oz of diet soda. (Do not use the egg or oil listed
    on the box). Spray a 9 x 12 cake pan (or cupcake tin) with non-stick spray and
    bake according to package instructions.

I'm trying it tonight for desert...just one piece though!
  • Don't mean to burst the bubble, but I went to the Pillsbury website and each serving of the mix is 160 calories. So the entire cake made with diet cola would be 1920.
  • OOps. you are right. THank you for pointing that out! I will change it in my first post
  • That's ok, but wouldn't that be nice?!

Have you tried the No Pudge brownie mixes? They're very good too, you can make individual servings in the microwave. You mix it with yogurt. It's so yummy!
  • A long time ago, a weight wathcers leader gave the group a recipe for cake made with one mix and one can of pumpkin. It does add a few calories more than the diet soda, but it also adds a few good things! A spice cake made with pumpkin is really delish...but I could only make it for guests or parties, because it was way too tempting. Just another option!
  • Ooh, yes I have! I love them I actually have the raspberry one in the pantry
  • I was thinking of doing this with pumpkin puree. I don't do artificial sweeteners so I was wondering if you could substitute club soda for diet whatever?

Whole foods had a pretty good cake mix I was considering buying to try.
  • Nellie, I would think that you could substitute it, but I really don't know...I guess it would be worth a try
  • another option
    Try a yellow or white cake mix with a can of crushed pineapple. Serve warm with ff cool whip. It is great and a change of pace from the traditional diet coke cake.
  • maybe it is just me, the diet coke and cake mix is yucky..
    i just go with two egg whites, 1/2banana and some water, gergous
    and it doesnt add much calories