Gettin' my sexy back - February.

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • Good afternoon Ladies...... So far my day is going great. I got in 15 mins of exercise last night. yay me! I hope to be down 5lbs. by February 15; my 11th wedding anniverary is the 14 and we are going to stay at the beach for two nights and I want to look and feel good.

Hi tkglen... I to have four children. all girls. Jennifer 12, Alexis, 9, Mary 7, and Tomie-Lynn 21 months. They keep me busy.
  • Together we can beat the scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • racer---yeah having 4 kids will really keep you going on your toes. I have 3 boys and 1 girl and let me tell you, boys are soooo very different then girls. My boys are so energetic and my little girl is the sweetheart. She would rather smile and joke around and give lots of kisses and hugs. My boys want to throw everything around, leave stuff laying on the floor, go outside and play ball and come back in and leave grass and leaves and dirt all over the carpet. And that's not mentioning my DH---he's a whole different story. My boys are 8 yrs, 5 yrs, and 6 months and my girl is almost 2 yrs old. Girls are so much fun. I love her to death (I love my boys too but it's different with girls).
  • So now I am rethinking my goal! Should I change my ticker? the thinnest I was in my adult life was 135-140 so maybe that woudl be mroe realistic and then if I get there I can always go lower if I want or should I am=im high and see what happens? Need advice about what to do with my ticker!
  • Hi Ladies

Doing good today... No exercise yet but doing great on the food part. It's nice to see a nice size group getting going here. Does anyone have a specific weigh-in day?? I weigh in on Mondays... it helps me get through the weekend without cheating too much as I know that scale will glare at me Monday morning.
  • Hey Sandra...... I weigh in on Monday as well. Maybe I should weigh in on Sunday; that is the day I lose control. I don't know. My sister said to only weigh in once a month, that way if you lose nothing this week, but lost two pounds last week you won't beat yourself up about it. Christy
  • Capri - topic of the day? I didn't know there would be thinking involved!!

OK - um - what's your favourite book or author and why?

tkglenn - welcome!! You'll be posting pix of you in that red sexy dress b4 you know it!!

Jana - great to see you again! Welcome to the new thread. Don't lose heart - you've only put on a few pounds and you'll soon lose them again and have to go and buy a whole new wardrobe!

racer - WTG on the exercise! That's one thing I still haven't figured out how to fit in my day yet. It took me 5.5 hours to do my ironing today, baby just would NOT stay asleep and seemed to be constantly hungry!

2Beautiful - personally I think at your height you'd look great at 135. I'm 2 inches shorter than you and would be ecstatic to reach 135.

Sandra - I weigh in on Mondays too. I also have a DIY weight loss group that meets at my house on Thursdays so I have two weigh in days - that definitely keeps me on my toes, having to be accountable to myself on Mondays and the group on Thursdays.

I couldn't weigh in monthly - I actually weigh myself daily, I know you shouldn't, but I just love to see it going down down down!!

----------------------

Well, today has been Shrove Tuesday - commonly known as Pancake Day here in the UK - the day where we traditionally eat pancakes. I had five, but according to the packet mix, they are only 133 calories each, so all 5 were only 665, so I'm still within my calories for the day - yay!! I'm not sure I believe the 133 calories, but you can't argue with the packaging. And even if they were more - it's only once a year.

Today I have eaten:
    Breakfast - weetabix and milk - 184
    Lunch - porridge - 223
    Dinner - pancakes - 665
    Milk for coffee - 333
    Snack: 1 oz cheerios - 104

Total: 1509.

Pretty carb-heavy, but I don't normally have porridge for lunch - I just fancied it today. I normally have soup.
  • Morning ladies.

Well, after my pancake-fest yesterday, I am exactly the same weight this morning as I was yesterday - yay!!

And what's more, baby girl slept for 9 hours last night for the first time ever!! Put her down, awake no less, in her Moses basket at 11pm and went downstairs. Heard her talking to herself for a short time and then silence. I went to bed at midnight and knew nothing till 7.30 when my alarm went off. She continued to sleep till 8am - so she got 9 hours altogether. She's only 2 months old!!

Then I fed her and she went right back to sleep again. She's still asleep now and it's almost 11am.

It makes such a difference - I've managed to have a shower and dry my hair and get loads of stuff done this morning.

And it's a sunny day and relatively mild for early February so we might go out for a walk later.
  • Good day all. I hope to get on here to actually be accountable to someone other than myself (as I am "soft" on discipline).

I am 35 (soon to be 36). This morning the scale shows 139.
    My weight goal is around 125 (pre-children I was 118).
    I am 5'-4 1/2".

My actual goal is to feel better about myself... When I was 118 I had a 30" waist... it's grown with children. I have no idea where the stretched skin is going to go, but my ultimate goal is to return to a waist between 28-30"... I think that means 6" around the middle.

My downfall is sugar. I can easily sit down with a bowl of any type of sugar and just eat it (not that I do that, but it would be easy to do). ;-) I stay-at-home and find myself munching out of boredom...

Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know each of you.
  • Hi there - I'm the same with sugar - I can't even have it in the house. I can just spoon it out of the packet - I thought I was the only one with that habit!!
  • Good Morning.... I to am adicted to sugar. When people say one piece of cake won't hurt; thats the problem one piece of anything is never enough. I've always been a huge soda drinker too, although I have cut back to four cans a week and only on Saturday or Sunday. Trying to drink more water. I did get in 60 ozs. of water Monday & Tuesday. YAY ME!
  • Lets all get to know each other better today........
  • *Name: Christy/racerwife07 (My husband drives a race car, can you guess the #)

*Happily married to Tommy for 11 years (2/14)

*4 beautifully smart and highly energetic girls: Jennifer 12, Alexis 9, Mary 7, and Tomie-Lynn 21 months.

*I own and operate a small daycare.

*I am currently working on my Associates Degree in Education.

*I enjoy racing, spending time with my family, my job, and home decorating.

*I am here to lose weight and feel good again.

*My current weight is 145, my goal is 125.

*I currently wear a size 10 jeans, I want to wear my 4/6 again.

YOUR TURN
  • Good job on the increased water!

I told my husband during the superbowl that I am so glad we don't have soda in the house... all the commercials of drinks crackling over ice had me wanting a cola. Actually, due to kidney stones, my urologist told me tea and dark cola are the cause of *my* particular stones... it's hard to drink just water. I do some orange juice occassionally and fresh mint lemonade.
  • Almost forgot.................I'm 31